Thread: Marriage Alliances with the AI

Default Marriage Alliances with the AI

I realize that the AI breaks normal alliances when it feels like it,but are marriage alliances slightly harder for it to break? I've managed to get one as the byantines with Hungary and poland and other when I was playing as the english with france,and they seem to be respecting the aggreeement for now,but when I've managed to get a normal alliance with them 5 to 10 turns later,they invaded with a stack or 2..

Default Re: Marriage Alliances with the AI

Quote Originally Posted by oz_wwjd View Post
    I realize that the AI breaks normal alliances when it feels like it,but are marriage alliances slightly harder for it to break? I've managed to get one as the byantines with Hungary and poland and other when I was playing as the english with france,and they seem to be respecting the aggreeement for now,but when I've managed to get a normal alliance with them 5 to 10 turns later,they invaded with a stack or 2..
    The AI always breaks alliances. I have not been able to play one game without the AI stabbing me in the back, despite the nature of the alliance. And the AI is quite stupid, it breaks of alliances even though the AIs faction benefits greatly by being part of the alliance.

Heavy Metal Warlord Member Von Nanega's Avatar

I have found marriage alliances last a little better. But only untill the Prince that was maaied dies, or there is no place for the allied faction to go.
    Cap badge of the Queens Royal Lancers

The Death or Glory Boys

I tried a milanese game, trying to be trustworthy.
    One of my generals married a Sicilian pincess, but unfortunately he died a few turns later. He didn't have any children and within 5 years Sicily attacks me.
    One of my princesses marries the French Prince, but a while later, when they both still lived they attack me too.
    Only Marriage alliance that still holds is the one with Byzantyne Empire. but for how long?

In my (limited) experience with marriage alliances, I'd say they work a lot better than normal alliances. I was HRE and had one with Sicily, which was one of my first alliances, and held longer than all the others. However, I may have just been luckily. Who really knows

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Marriage alliances do seem to be slightly tougher for the A.I to break than a normal alliance. The more marriages you have with them the better.

Good luck getting enough princesses to actually form a decent alliance.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------