Thread: New Vids....

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Default New Vids....

...which ordinarily would be cause for jubilation. In the case of these vids - not so much.

I believe this to be old code myself - but you be the judge.

http://gamecorner.pl/gamecorner/1,86..._wrazenia.html

(the site is in Polish so we have no idea what the background is here)
    "Après moi le déluge"

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Default Re: New Vids....

Damn I wish I could speak Polish. This could be some interesting new info. Are there any Orgahs out there who can speak Polish and scan it for juicy info?

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Blog Entries

watching htme now! great finds my friend! later i will use a translator, see what it all means in english

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

What? Actual gameplay footage? Not bite-sized teasers interspersed with cutscenes?
    POLISH!?!
    *Faints*
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Blog Entries

sorry translaters suck, but i translated as well as i could lol, theres one line of space inbetween each picture to telll u which words corrspond to what pictures

It is possible already. Nobody will be will be buried with (from) already our impressions not forbid (carry away; get down) divide Empire Total War! That reconciles damage, that many does not have they (their) far too < market >. Unfortunately,, there would be a bit sillily expect, that we will obtain full or on three full version of game almost < law (as of right) > if (or) not have four months before premiere. Our version reconciles preview Empire there is soundly Total War okrojona and it includes (reach; make) in amount a few very. That nothing so many (so much) < rear >. And also something can be born from nothing, if it will be will be buried sufficiently deeply. So, they let's forgive, that yesterday we will not lend answer on majority question assigned by you - but we not have ask about poles in game jak. does not have in version - they (their) preview. You asked about diplomacy, artificial intellectuals, marine battles and land-based - but does not have they (their) too. Almost < law (as of right) >. Is what for it? What (well), marine battle is. It reconciles . Land-based battle is. It reconciles too. And fragment of thematic campaign is for independence expensive (dear) < way >, episode concretely third , or actual war about independence of united states. It includes (reach; make) our press version nothing more and.

And it is necessary to concede, that we were disappointed it srodze. At least on start. However, marine battle is even curious for thing, anyway, they let's see on following movie , which (who) presents her (it) in (to) integrity from start to the end.

Ships move unquickly, they shoot rate and independently dodged maneuver escape collision (fray). However, our field (tail) is big for show we can not appoint purposes of attacks -, and also refować or < be > put sails, change kind of ammunitions for section as well as prepare full air-borne salvos miażdżące.

Certainly < obvious > option is too abordażu - will be they on boards in full version battles though unfortunately, not shows ( maybe? ).

Integrity remember free a bit and realistic marine battles with (from) more Age of Sail, though fans Pirates! And postage (harbors) will turn up in theme very fastly also Royale. As yet, it has showed opponent great nothing, and also it maneuvered units completely proficiently and it tested (try) to put it (them) on start to classic line even, though later equal as well as they have been sprinkled (have been sprinkled with) our line and battle has been changed to uncontrolled chaos. Beautiful (fine) chaos, on addition there is - it drowning (sink) liniowiec śliczny, truth?

i wont bother continuing, it makes little sense

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Wow. That translation is so vague it could easily pass as code .

Why is it the first decent amount of gameplay footage we have is Polish? CA are English damnit!

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

That map is so big it's almost a bit intimidating to think that you'll be zooming around left and right trying to manage a big battle. But it does look quite fun, too bad those ships couldn't or didn't provide any support for the English. Is it just me, or did the English officer die rather un-heroicly? he kind of just fell over his horse and the next thing you know everyone starts flashing white.

I watch the ship battles i saw at least 4 ships sunk 2 sloops 1 frigate 1 ship of the line out of about 12 ships total

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
    That map is so big it's almost a bit intimidating to think that you'll be zooming around left and right trying to manage a big battle. But it does look quite fun, too bad those ships couldn't or didn't provide any support for the English. Is it just me, or did the English officer die rather un-heroicly? he kind of just fell over his horse and the next thing you know everyone starts flashing white.
    I agree with the earlier bit about this being an earlier stage of development. There's a couple obvious glitches (in the land video, the guy cant get his men to go where he wants them...they kept marching off in the opposite direction), and the ships act kind of...weird.

So I'm going to sincerly HOPE this isn't what CA plans on releasing to the public :P
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Blog Entries

sprites could be better, and some parts didnt have features they were ment to, im sure there still working on it though, shaping up well

If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw a ship of the line being sunk. Was this ever possible? I mean was there ever a record of one of those wooden giants being sunk?
    'Hannibal had been the victor at Cannae, and as if the Romans had good cause to boast that you have only strength enough for one blow, and that like a bee that has left its sting you are now inert and powerless.'

The naval battle looks like drunken UFO parking competition.

!it burns us!
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BeeSting View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw a ship of the line being sunk. Was this ever possible? I mean was there ever a record of one of those wooden giants being sunk?
    Certainly. Haven't you ever heard of the Vasa? ;)

But yeah, I believe that it would be quite rare for ships to sink in the 'dramatic' way, IE: keel down. Capsizing, THEN sinking...definitely.

And the advent of commonly used explosive shot made ships of the line quite vulnerable. I believe there's a mention of an Ottoman ship of the line during the Crimean War whose magazine exploded as a result of a lucky shot, breaking the ship in half.
    Last edited by Sheogorath; 12-20-2008 at 07:12.