Thread: Hannibal looking at Carthage with melancholy

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

Default Hannibal looking at Carthage with melancholy

Hi, i was doing a bit of photoshopping, and i come with this small hannibal composition, nothing huge, and very superficial, but i wanted to share:

Default Re: Hannibal looking at Carthage with melancholy

yeah, he looks kind of sad

hi sarkiss (long time didn't see) anyway it was supposed to be more a sort of poetic thing than a sarcastic thing , it was my friend who make me notice he looked melancholic, from that, the title

Thumbs up Re: Hannibal looking at Carthage with melancholy

That's pretty nice and, as you say, poetic. It would be nice to write a poem to support the picture. Good job!

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

We could all contribute a couple of lines. How about:
    I looked upon the glit'ring sea,
    upon those ships as tall as trees
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Barcid General Member [cF]HanBaal's Avatar

woooow great picture. A mix of the (sadly few) pics i like the most relating to Hannibal and Karthadast.

Is it possible for you to provide an higher resolution pic? My g/f wanted to give me this xmas a sort of a painting of Hannibal+Karthadast and she has been collecting some pics and this one has now become my favourite congrats
    "I swear so soon as age will permit I will use fire and steel to arrest the destiny of rome" - Hannibal Barca at the age of 9, ca238BC

"Against those who have incurred the wrath of God" - Genseric, King of the Vandals, ca455CE, replying to his helmsman whither he should steer. His fleets now yearly sailed from his new capital Karthadast. The whole of Africa, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica and the Balearic Islands quickly fell in his hands. Then he sacked Rome. For 14 days and nights Genseric pillaged the city and returned to Karthadast, carrying much booty and many thousand captives, the empress and her two daughters. The city and the people were spared. Yet, they are the 'vandals'.

hi, unfortunately the pic was already zoomed out, this was the original pic i used as a base to colorize:

as you see it is very small, that is why i didn't go further on colorizing it and adjusting it, the detail was very small due to the size.

I can just try to zoom it out with Photoshop, but it will loose detail, here's a tryout:

as you see it is just a software zoom, so the backgraund looks granular, but i think if your g/f need a base for a painting, then it could be ok with the zoom, good luck!

Anyway im happy you liked it

edit: adjusted a bit the beard around the mouth directly on the zoomedout picture
    @jaertecken it was used photoshop to colorize the original statue small picture

You made it in paint or something?
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats