Thread: avoiding 'pedanti'c and scholastic traits

Default avoiding 'pedanti'c and scholastic traits

any idea? destroying the school building, getting out of town and 'auto_win attacker' a lot of enemies in that turn doesnt work, NB: from 'erudite'

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: avoiding 'pedanti'c and scholastic traits

Never leave any of those guys you want to have as great generals in your cities.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Never leave any of those guys you want to have as great generals in your cities.
    I find the benefits outweighing the costs, but yes.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Do not ever build any high tier Academies. The first level is enough. That is one almost foolproof way of avoiding the trait, while still being able to gain all of those good traits for your generals. However, once an FM has the "Erudite" trait, he can go to the next level even in a settlement with the first-tier Academy. However, as Olaf The Great remarked, the benefits of the trait do usually outweigh the -2 Influence and -1 HitPoint penalty. Influence is incredibly easy to gain in EB, while management is not. Being "Scholastic" or "Pedantic" significantly increases the chances of your FM picking up useful traits such as MathematicsSkill, RhetoricalSkill, NaturalPhilosophySkill, PhilosophySkill, PoeticSkill, etc.

ohh, i never knew that, naturalphilosophy doesnt seem to be that good to me tho, as you have to carry the natural philosopher around (removing them=another one the turn after).