Thread: An interactive Romani AAR

Default An interactive Romani AAR

i'm thinking of starting an interactie AAR as the Romani, stolen the idea from Maion

were people get to shape the Res Publica by acting as the Senate, good idea? yay or nay?

Default Re: An interactive Romani AAR

Will we vote for consuls, who will then be created by you ingame using the console (if they aren't already FMs)?

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

can i be the Makedonike Basileus and pillage the barbaroi capital of Roma? three times or more? MAKEDONIA NIKATOR!!
    Last edited by satalexton; 12-20-2008 at 18:41.

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by desert View Post
    Will we vote for consuls, who will then be created by you ingame using the console (if they aren't already FMs)?
    i have no idea how that is done, so probably not

I had the same idea, but for a Swébóz interactive AAR...Roman version sounds cool though...
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Join BtSH, we start in a few days. The subforum is in the Throne Room.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

I have thought about doing this so many times, and if done right it could really be a lot of fun. It would involve a hell of a lot of factors though, such as people on the forum acting as a senate and actually making decisions, people being elected to those parts of the senate, passing the save game file around to different people as they rise up the ranks, etc.

I don't think it could really be done in this game, too much hassle involved.

If only there were a multiplayer campaign mode somehow. The entire forum could form groups and break off into teams based on their favourite faction in the mod and act as aides and advisors to the people actually playing their faction.

I believe this was tried before, very interesting and a good idea. I'll try and find a link.

Here it is: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=104614

Basically anyone who wanted in played the part of a Roman Senator. The GM would give an overview of the situation post some screenshots and suggest several courses of action (i.e. attack Gauls, attack Carthage, or build infrastructure) and the senators would debate and then vote. The GM play out what the Seante decided for 2 or 4 turns and then come back to repeat the process.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 12-21-2008 at 06:02.

My AAR: Basileion Bosphorou: a Tale of the Pontos Euxeinos

Tribvnvs Caivs Aemilivs Mamercvs - BtSH

Strategos Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes - WotB

From Antinous:

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Good idea mate, even though I'm no creator from whom you 'stole' something I'd join your AAR as well, but I got my hands full with mine, plus RL gives me little to no time at all I'll drop by and comment though

Good luck with it

Maion
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    I have thought about doing this so many times, and if done right it could really be a lot of fun. It would involve a hell of a lot of factors though, such as people on the forum acting as a senate and actually making decisions, people being elected to those parts of the senate, passing the save game file around to different people as they rise up the ranks, etc.

I don't think it could really be done in this game, too much hassle involved.

If only there were a multiplayer campaign mode somehow. The entire forum could form groups and break off into teams based on their favourite faction in the mod and act as aides and advisors to the people actually playing their faction.
    that's not what i meant, however, there is a way to do this, as you say a hell of a lot of effort is involved, effort i'm not really willing to do, if you're interested in something of that format you should join WotB (will of the basileus) a campaign as AS were you control a single general, either FM or RGB, ifyou're interested here is the link to the sub-forum https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=262

wat i meant was that i control all FM, and the general community get to decide what I do for the coming year, for example, attack Patavium or seek trade rights with the Ptolemies, you could also decide which generals will lead the armies etc...