Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just 93.5 Hours Till the Best or Worst Day of My Life.....

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Default Just 93.5 Hours Till the Best or Worst Day of My Life.....

Well, some people here may or may not know, but I have applied single choice early action to Yale University. I find out whether I get in (gonna party like hell), defferred (gonna start sulking), or rejected (don't know what I'm gonna do.....) on December 15, 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

The problem is, I just don't have any impetus to do anything right now. I'm already entering into panic mode waiting for the news......The bigger problem, though, is that I have like 5 college essays that I need to complete this weekend, but I don't know if I'm going to.

I know that I really should since Regular Decision Deadline is coming really quickly (January 1, 09), but if I get into Yale, I would only want to apply to 3 other schools (Harvard, Princeton, MIT) and won't have to do 10 other applications.

So yeah.....how the hell am I going to pass the time?????
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Default Re: Just 93.5 Hours Till the Best or Worst Day of My Life.....

Well I would say "relax", but the fact that you're even applying to those schools would indicate that's not a word easily found in your vocabulary.

In any case, I do know you like the Total War series, so why don't you start a new campaign?

It's often very intense waiting to hear back. I'm waiting for some overseas schools to get back to me and I am really worried, but you've sent in the application. If there is nothing you can change, then whatever will be decided will be decided.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have done any possible things you could do.. And if you know you have done your absolute best in it. Just pat your self on the shoulder and relax.

If you cant get in.. Bad luck. Just party like hell anyway and prepare for next year

Good luck

As for me.. My exams are on January. Applied for only one Uni... Apparently I'm not going to pass on my current essay standards, plus I can't write most of hardish Chinese characters unless i'm typing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Write the essays anyway. Better than idling. You'll need to have that resilience if you go to a top uni and later in life.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I guarantee you it won't be the best day or the worst day of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    I guarantee you it won't be the best day or the worst day of your life.
    Well, it will be the best or worst day of my life so far.......
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by TevashSzat View Post
    Well, it will be the best or worst day of my life so far.......
    Ok

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Take a deep breath. Relax. Get some exercise. Go out with friends. Remember there are indeed other things than being in the most prestigious of prestigious universities. Taking life TOO seriously just saps the fun straight out of it. And, of course, the point of life is to live.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get to find out my overall position 4 days after your news, then wait another month to see if I get into uni.

Good luck, and try playing Left4Dead. Lots of fun, takes thought away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    I get to find out my overall position 4 days after your news, then wait another month to see if I get into uni.

Good luck, and try playing Left4Dead. Lots of fun, takes thought away.
    I would play computer games, but my computer is so old new (I still have Pentium 4) that I can't run any games newer than like sins of a solar empire half decently.

Well, just 69.5 hours left now. I had my math final this morning and then watched TV, procrastinating my huge pile of stuff to do until right now, when I'm still procrastinating by being on the forums.

Just heard four hours ago from alot of friends about Early Decision for University of Pennsylvannia. Of the 8 people at my school who applied ED, only 1 got in. 3 were defferred and 4 rejected. Of course, they were applying to Wharton, but still.......

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just heard four hours ago from alot of friends about Early Decision for University of Pennsylvannia. Of the 8 people at my school who applied ED, only 1 got in. 3 were defferred and 4 rejected. Of course, they were applying to Wharton, but still.......
    Not a good idea. Hearing information like that will only increase your anxiety. Isolate yourself and do something mindless.

Worse comes to worst, just take NyQuil or something that will knock you out. Sleep is always one way to pass a block of time.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Not a good idea. Hearing information like that will only increase your anxiety. Isolate yourself and do something mindless.

Worse comes to worst, just take NyQuil or something that will knock you out. Sleep is always one way to pass a block of time.
    I'd ignore that except the only thing people at my school are talking about is who got in for Early Decision/Action and who got rejected. Couldn't really not think about it if I tried to

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now it's the weekend, though. You have an excuse.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Thumbs up Re: Just 93.5 Hours Till the Best or Worst Day of My Life.....

Once you get the letter, scan it and post it in this thread. We shall either congratulate you or mock you. Come what may.

Well, its not a letter, but a website.

When I applied to Yale, they gave me an account to track my application. I will find out in two days by logging in. The mail won't be sent for a few days. I'll probably take a screenshot of whatever I got and post it anyways.

Also, JUST 43 HOURS LEFT!!!!!

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with a Junior College!!!

Ehh...good luck!

Sigh.....Got Deferred.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by TevashSzat; 12-16-2008 at 03:04.

Blog Entries

meaning?

It means I didn't get in, but I'm not rejected either.

I will get reconsidered along with regular decision people and then they'll let me know in April whether I actually get in or not

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries777777 View Post
    meaning?
    He wasn't acepted... he still has a chance though...

Sorry to hear bro... but you still have chances, keep up with the good work.

Besides, it's not as if yale was the ONLY good university... you can get success no matter where you study if you really really want it.

I wish you luck
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Blog Entries

Talk about a long wait so just 2400 hours till the best or worst day of your life then

Quote Originally Posted by Aries777777 View Post
    Talk about a long wait so just 2400 hours till the best or worst day of your life then
    Yep, I'll have news from like 13 schools on more or less one day......

Good luck
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Blog Entries

Good luck, dude. Just remember, you can only do what you can do. You seem like a real smart guy, and with that many other schools on your list, I'm positive one of them will accept you. Just like women, there's lots of UNIs in the sea. The trick is finding the right match.

Also, stop bothering about what your current classmates will think of you. Odds are you won't keep up with 95+% of them as life continues spinning its thread. Do what's best for you, and stop bothering with the expectations of others so much, particularly those who you probably won't even keep up with. Parents and very, very close friends are really the only ones who you need worry about, and truth be told, if they accept you for face value, you shouldn't even need worry about them.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can second 'khaan's advice. School ended for me not even a month ago, and I've already fallen out of contact with almost everyone, including my best friends of many many years.

On top of that, I have to wait to see what my actual "marks" are, then wait until mid jan before I find out if I get into any university at all.
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    I can second 'khaan's advice. School ended for me not even a month ago, and I've already fallen out of contact with almost everyone, including my best friends of many many years.

On top of that, I have to wait to see what my actual "marks" are, then wait until mid jan before I find out if I get into any university at all.
    You still got me

And you'll find them next year in the uni anyway.

Good luck Tevash! I believe in you

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by makaikhaan
    Also, stop bothering about what your current classmates will think of you. Odds are you won't keep up with 95+% of them as life continues spinning its thread. Do what's best for you, and stop bothering with the expectations of others so much, particularly those who you probably won't even keep up with. Parents and very, very close friends are really the only ones who you need worry about, and truth be told, if they accept you for face value, you shouldn't even need worry about them.
    Let me also reaffirm this point. I have a cousin who picked a school go to pretty much because it was more noteworthy than because it matched his actual interests and he had a really bad time there. As hard as I know this is for you to heed the following advice, you need to know that the entire "college competition" culture is a steaming load of crap that needs to be launched into the sun.

To with all of the rankings, all of the scores, all of the stupid everything that you think means a lot when you're on the outside but you quickly realize is pointless once you're in. Pick the school that best fits with you and have a great time, not because it makes you look good in conversations with high society.

Blog Entries

Wow GH, I'm impressed. You quoted my past incarnation for something I stated. What's your next trick, quoting my next incarnation?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan
    Wow GH, I'm impressed. You quoted my past incarnation for something I stated. What's your next trick, quoting my next incarnation?
    It's not my fault you keep changing nicknames every five seconds.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Tevash you got deferred from Yale, that's not exactly a bad result, Yale is a really picky school and just to get deferred there is pretty impressive. Good luck with the being re-considered and all, but don't forget that there are other great schools out there. I didn't get into any of my top choices, but I'm really happy here at Gettysburg because it's a great school and I've met some pretty cool people.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast