Thread: New tags

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Post New tags

Hey everyone,

We've added mod tags in the Main Hall -- one for XL, BKB, Pike & Musket, and Wes' MedMod. (Most of the other major mods for MTW have their own discussion forums, hence why we added just these four.) Where appropriate, we would ask that you please use these tags when starting a new thread.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Default Re: New tags

To all Main Hall dwellers,

I note that the tags have not been used as yet. May I respectfully remind you all that they have been introduced as a requirement and are not optional. Anyone found not using the tags will be sentenced to a lifetime of servitude in the camel stables, cleaning right into the corners of the sumps with the 2" scraper. You have been warned.

Well no seriously, the tags have been introduced as a means of correctly identifying a thread subject. There are many good mods out there and it is more often than not the case that our regulars here are playing one of these mods and not the vanilla game. This can be confusing to others, expecially newer members, that have no experience of such mods.

Using the tags will clearly identify your thread as one that pertains to a particular mod. So for example if you are starting a thread about your latest XL campaign, then using the XL tag will clearly identify it as such and draw in like minded XL players.

In summary please use the tags where necessary. If there is no suitable tag for your thread, because it is the vanilla game of which you are posting, then a tag is not required.

If you have any questions as to the use of the tags do not hesititate to post them in this thread.

Many thanks

Maybe I am not the only one who does not know what you mean by "tags" Is there some button somewhere I should click to activate a "tag" or something like that?
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

When posting a new thread you will see next to the thread title a "prefix" drop down list. Select the prefix that best suits you thread from this list. This will then appear as a "tag" attached to the header of your thread in the main listing, making your thread easily identifiable. Note that this does not apply to new posts, only new threads.

Last edited by caravel; 01-16-2009 at 16:24.