Thread: AS diplomacy problem

Default AS diplomacy problem

I'm playing a Ptolemaioi campaign (H/H) and I'm not able to call a truce with Arche Seleukia, no matter what I offer.

I've conquered almost the 2/3 of the AS and they still say I don't know the price for peace...

I don't get it; I've played Baktria or Saka before, and in these games, the AS seemed really eager for peace, accepting anything, giving away cities.

But now? It's been war for 30 years, all the mnai I get are used to keep the 3 stacks I keep to fight their endless waves of mercenaries.

The other thing, the Pahlava, Baktria and the Saka are all at peace with the AS. They didn't conquer any of their cities. The AS still hold Marakanda and A-Eschate and I'm in 242.

Have you seen something like that in your games? Is it something current or is the AI bugged on my game?
    History is the witness that testifies to the passing of time; it illumines reality, vitalizes memory, provides guidance in daily life and brings us tidings of antiquity.
    Cicero, Pro Publio Sestio

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: AS diplomacy problem

The AI doesn't forgive easily. If you fight a faction for more than a couple turns and defeat more than a couple armies they will never ever forgive you. If you really want peace, try downloading the forced diplomacy minimod.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    The AI doesn't forgive easily. If you fight a faction for more than a couple turns and defeat more than a couple armies they will never ever forgive you.
    I thought so, but then again, in my other games I had the best peace deals after heroic victories.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    If you really want peace, try downloading the forced diplomacy minimod.
    I'm playing the 1.2 version, I read that the force diplo only works in 1.1.

History is the witness that testifies to the passing of time; it illumines reality, vitalizes memory, provides guidance in daily life and brings us tidings of antiquity.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dominique View Post
    I thought so, but then again, in my other games I had the best peace deals after heroic victories.

I'm playing the 1.2 version, I read that the force diplo only works in 1.1.

I bealive you can find an updated version on the last page of the thread, if not I know how to make the old version compatible
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Ok I found it!

Thanks a lot for your help both of you.

When i used to use FD the enemy would just attack me again immediately, even if i force protectorate on them.

Do they still do this? Seems pointless downloading it if they do.

King of Kings Member Ozymandias the Great's Avatar

I was at war with the Sweboz for decades (as the Romani). After I finally finished up my campaign against the Lusotannan, I took all their territory up to the Rhine. Then my longtime allies, the Aedui, declared war on the SPQR. I offered the Sweboz peace, along with 15000 lump mnai and 15000 over the next 10 turns, and they said, "No, but give us some gold and the cities you took and we'll call it even." My diplomat (who had lotsa influence, btw) countered with, "Tell you what. We'll keep the cities, but you can have some more gold." Bam! Instant peace! This was after decades of "Ceasefire?" "No way!" "Ceasefire?" "No way!" Just thought I'd share that slight glimmer of intelligence there.
    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings! Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" ~Ozymandias, by Percy Bysshe Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    When i used to use FD the enemy would just attack me again immediately, even if i force protectorate on them.

Do they still do this? Seems pointless downloading it if they do.
    To get a FD'd ceasefire to stick, you have to annihilate all of the faction's armies that look to be headed toward your territory before forcing the ceasefire. You also need to place forts at choke points along your border (the AI doesn't like to start wars by attacking forts for some reason). The reason for this is that the diplomatic and military AI are completely independent of one another. If the AI faction in question has no armies headed towards your cities, the cease-fire should stick for more than 1 or 2 turns. Of course, if the only direction they have to go to expand is you (as opposed to their allies' lands), no amount of FD, money, forts or strong border patrols are going to keep them from breaking a cease-fire, alliance, protectorate or what have you.