Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hai Voicemod?

Default Hai Voicemod?

I think the EB team could make a step further and add a Hai voicemod to the game, using reconstructed Proto-Armenian most likely spoken during the period. We don't know a lot, but if we can reconstruct Proto-Germanic based on present languages and historical sources, I don't doubt that the same has been done with Old and Proto-Armenian of the time.

For those of you seeking more knowledge here goes a quick wiki search: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Armenian.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hai Voicemod?

Oh. no... weird languages again...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

A voicemod for Hayasdan was on the list of voicemods that were planned. I don't know if any work has been done on this one, though.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 12-21-2008 at 22:29.

Work has been done apparently, but how much... is only known to Foot. The reason for that is he organized it, IIRC.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Blog Entries

Do we have any Armenians on the team?

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Don't know, but we've got a great ex-Norrköpingare.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Default Hai Voicemod?

It would be great,if someone will add Hai voicemod to the game.
    Last edited by Arka; 11-19-2009 at 07:30.

" Heavy footmen became horsemen,the light infantry received armor and became heavy armored infantry ”, historian Khoren records about the reforms in the army of Tigran The Great.

“ In peace,sons bury their fathers;in war,fathers bury their sons ”. Herodotus

Blog Entries

Well, seeing as you're from Armavir, you might be able to lend a hand
    Last edited by Subotan; 01-04-2009 at 13:13.

I would love to see a voicemod for every faction for maximum immersion.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 01-04-2009 at 13:38.

Smile Re: Hai Voicemod?

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I would love to see a voicemod for every faction for maximum immersion.
    Not all factions had different languages, Baktria had their own language but Ludens said that the ruling class would have spoken greek, but yeah I would like to see as many voicemods possible for factions that did have their own commonly used languages and we know enough about, probaly not in the first release but in later ones.
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

good

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

@Lenin well yeah, I meant I wish every faction had a voicemod to go with it, whether it is Greek like all the other Greek factions. I just don't like hearing my troops shout English or some other obviously false placeholder.

Blog Entries

Seconded. Although the Saka/Sauro/Luso/Pontos/Qarthadast/Celts(?) may prove difficult. I've heard that Maltese is the closest living relative to Punic though (Even though I know it's a descent of Maghrebi Arabic)

But there already is a Punic/Carthage voicemod.

And factions like Lusotana and Getai can't get voicemods because apparently we know next to nothing about the languages they spoke. I'm basing that on what I could gather from the linguistics thread.
    Last edited by desert; 01-04-2009 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Seconded. Although the Saka/Sauro/Luso/Pontos/Qarthadast/Celts(?) may prove difficult. I've heard that Maltese is the closest living relative to Punic though (Even though I know it's a descent of Maghrebi Arabic)
    Saka = A mixture of Khotanese Saka/Pashto most likely, but we don't have people proficient enough to create a mixture-language of the two.

Sauromatae = Iron dialect of Ossetian. Problem is that we haven't found people to write the commands, text etc.

Pontos = The elite used Greek and Greek is already ingame and assigned to Pontos. (There is also a tablet found in a guardhouse in Amaseia containing guard instructions, all written in Greek).
    Last edited by Krusader; 01-04-2009 at 20:19.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desert View Post
    But there already is a Punic/Carthage voicemod.
    Really? How?

And factions like Lusotana and Getai can't get voicemods because apparently we know next to nothing about the languages they spoke. I'm basing that on what I could gather from the linguistics thread.
    Well, yeah, that's my point
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusader View Post
    Saka = A mixture of Khotanese Saka/Pashto most likely, but we don't have people proficient enough to create a mixture-language of the two.
    Do we know where we could people proficient enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader View Post
    Sauromatae = Iron dialect of Ossetian. Problem is that we haven't found people to write the commands, text etc.
    The Sauros are Alans?

Pontos = The elite used Greek and Greek is already ingame and assigned to Pontos. (There is also a tablet found in a guardhouse in Amaseia containing guard instructions, all written in Greek).
    Oh kewl

Really? How?
    Do the words "EB 1.2 release" mean anything to you?

The Sauros are Alans?
    Not really, the Alans were closely related to the Sauromatae and whatever scarce Ossetic speaker remnants of them are the closest living language to Skytho-Sarmatian we have, so theretically their ancient language can be reconstructed from it.
    Last edited by A Terribly Harmful Name; 01-04-2009 at 21:08.

foot and I have done work on an Armenian voicemod. I dont know if he has the Armenian translations of the commands, but I remember he would email me the commands he wanted to be translated, and I would email it back after translation.

Quote Originally Posted by artavazd View Post
    foot and I have done work on an Armenian voicemod. I dont know if he has the Armenian translations of the commands, but I remember he would email me the commands he wanted to be translated, and I would email it back after translation.
    thats good to hear.
    i hope the project wont be abandoned until its completion.

Last edited by Sarkiss; 01-06-2009 at 22:05.

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Do the words "EB 1.2 release" mean anything to you?
    I looked it up in the files and there is no folder for punic soundfiles

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Seriously guys, WTF? You really don't know about the EB 1.2 release? Where have you been?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109876

2.- New Punic voicemod:

Our voicemod translators and actors have performed an enormous feat: to bring you the punic voicemod. An huge amount of work has been put into this feature, which combines the labour of translators, voice actors, coders etc.

Well maybe, its because of this
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=111324
    ?

:(

- Another wise man

So, I've been reading the EB forums since this summer, and was quite content with not posting anything to the various interesting threads. But I had to register after reading through this one. I've recently starting taking more of an interest in historical Indo-European linguistics, but I'm particularly interested in the development of the Armenian language. I got giddy reading that there would be a Proto-Armenian voicemod, but I'm really curious as to how you're reconstructing the language?

I understand how the EB team managed for the Germanic voicemod, as there are various daughter languages at your disposal. But the only daughter language of Proto-Armenian I know of is Classical Armenian. So how are you going about reconstructing it, without being able to compare it to anything else?

Any insight you can shed on that would be much appreciated.

are you sure they are going for Proto-Armenian? afaik its impossible, and its going to be a modern version, Grakan. Grabar would be nicer though

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    are you sure they are going for Proto-Armenian? afaik its impossible, and its going to be a modern version, Grakan. Grabar would be nicer though
    It's not impossible, a Proto-Germanic was completed so a Proto-Armenian would be possible.
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Question Re: Hai Voicemod?

Lenin96, is it wise to compare two, nigh-unrelated languages? Or am I totally drunk right now?

He's just saying that the reconstruction of an ancient proto-languahe is not beyond human power.

- Another wise man

Smile Re: Hai Voicemod?

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Lenin96, is it wise to compare two, nigh-unrelated languages? Or am I totally drunk right now?
    Your right they aren't related but I meant it isn't impossible, although I don't know much about
    Proto-Armenian, but from the languages that descended from it I think it wouldn't be impossible.

Thumbs up Re: Hai Voicemod?

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96
    Your right they aren't related but I meant it isn't impossible, although I don't know much about Proto-Armenian, but from the languages that descended from it I think it wouldn't be impossible.
    Fair enough. It is somewhat miraculous on the part of the EB Team to include these dead languages in a computer game (not only written, but spoken too!). I suppose by this point, we should all be expecting more such miracles to occur for EB2. I will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast