Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curia

Default The Curia

The Curia

The Dictator himself walks into the senate chamber and seats himself, he is aging, and would like to leave the future of Rome in good hands and with a bright future. Some water is brought to him, he takes a sip, and stands to speak.

"Good senators of Roma...before we start this senate meeting let me remind you of our rules here.
    Know that edicts and Amendments can only be proposed while the Congressional Council is in session. However while we are not engaged in a congressional council, all other business may be discussed here. Legislation in congressional councils will start on my word and my word only. The emperor coughs...

Also, know your place in this senate. You may only propose as many edicts or amendments as you are aloud. Know that any legislation that is proposed is to be seconded by two senators before we may vote on it.

All legislations must be formatted properly to be used here. It must be done like so :Edict/Amendment X.Z: Text of Edict/Amendment. (X = Number of the Senate session, Z = Number of the Edict/Amendment within the Senate session.) For example, the third Edict proposed at the second congessional session would look like this: Edict 2.3: All senators will walk into the senatorial chamber whilst doing a hand stand. The numbers of all Edicts and Amendment proposed during an Emergency Session will be the same, but with an E preceding the numbering (i.e. Edict E2.3).

Let us also keep the peace here in this senate chamber. Intellectual debates are welcome, but to threaten harm upon another senator is to spill the blood from your own neck. If you carry a dagger with you, it must be confiscated before you enter this place of business."
    Last edited by navarro951; 01-21-2009 at 04:39.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

Dux and Strategos Member Potocello's Avatar

Default Re: BtSH Senate

OOC: this is just for the 3 years trial correct?
    "Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie"
    - from Tiberius Claudius Marcellus

Look out for the upcoming PBM! Get ready to defend your tribe from both external and internal rivals!

"I am declaring myself emperor for this 3 year term. After which we will elect our two new consul's."

I here by declare the first Congressional Council open! It will remain open for debate and legislation until December 23, 2008 at 9pm; at which point there will be 48 hours allotted for voting."

"I here by declare that Cnaevs Conelivs Scipio Asina and Lvcivs Cornelvis Scipio will hold the title of Legatus. Caivs Avrelivs Cotta you are a Tribunus, you may vote and debate, but are not allowed to propose legislation until your training is finished.

I have to edicts i would like to discuss:

Edict 1.1: Using the men being rallied in the fort below Arpi, we form the I Legion of Apulia. It will be a standard legion and consist of 4 Hastati, 2 Accensi, and 2 Eqvites. Most of these units can be mustered from what we already have.
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-22-2008 at 08:31.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

the universal person Member everyone's Avatar

Asina stands up

Sir, I think you are somehow mistaken, we are already allies of the Poeni and have granted them trade rights and military access sometime ago, I don't think there's a need for Edict 1.2 (ooc: the previous one) considering that we already trade with them.

Also, I would like to propose another edict:

Edict 1.2: Using Legion I of Apulia, led by one of the Legates with a Tribunus, move south to repel the small army of Epirus and besiege and capture the city of Taras.

we need to secure Italia by capturing Taras held by the tyrant Pyrrhus and deal with those traitorous dogs at Rhegion before we could concentrate our military efforts elsewhere
    Last edited by everyone; 12-22-2008 at 09:45.

"Indeed he laughs the age must be getting to me...i withdraw edict 1.2 and second your new edict 1.2"
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-22-2008 at 09:38.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Rather hesitantly, Cotta stands, glancing at Blasio, who gives a slight nod, swelling his confidence. As the chamber turns to look at him, Cotta clears his throat, and begins to speak.

Senators and Grand Dictator of Rome. I have recently graduated from the officer academy in Capua, and greatly look forward to proving all I have learnt in my four year training. I...he risks a quick glance at Blasio...I would like to propose that I join Legion I Apulia.

Cotta considers saying more, but a slight shake of the head from Blasio is enough, and he reseats, in order that the Dictator may ponder his application.
    Last edited by /Bean\; 12-22-2008 at 09:19.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

A few seconds after Cotta takes his seat, Asina hesitates for a moment, before standing up
    Sir, if edict 1.2 (ooc: the new one) would be passed and put into effect, I would also volunteer myself as the Legatus to lead the attack on Taras, together with Tribunus Caivs Avrelivs Cotta

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ooc: are tribunes allowed to second edicts? I recall them not being able to propose edicts
    Last edited by everyone; 12-22-2008 at 09:46.

"Legatus Asina, I have faith in the fact that you can conquer Taras. I will put you in charge of the I Legion of Apulia and hope you will uphold your duties while you command our men. Report to the legionary fort near Arpi at once and ready the troops being rallied there. As for young Cotta, if Asina will have you, you may serve as his second in command until you gain the rank of legatus."

OOC: Edict 1.3 will now be edict 1.2 so go ahead and edit that!
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-22-2008 at 09:38.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

"I also believe that for the moment, all our cohorts of Triarii must be disbanded as Denarii does not grow on trees. The men who serve in those cohorts are of the utmost best and have served Roma well. We will disband them and call on them when we have the money to keep them in service. For now, our Hastati and Principes should serve our legions well as the main line of defense and attack."
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-22-2008 at 10:16.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Cotta stands and bows
    Thank you for your gracious and honourable decision. If Legatus Asina will only confirm my appointment, I will leave immediately.
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Asina stands up, he seemed surprised

"Tribunus Cotta, do not be so hasty, for the congressional session has only started (ooc: a few hours ago); and also, edict 1.2, which if passed allows you to take up the post, has not had its required seconds"

Asina then turns towards the Emperor

"thank you, sir for appointing me the commander of Legio I Apulia, I shall not fail in my duties"
    Asina pauses for a moment, and thinks, before continuing,
    "and the triarii you mentioned of disbanding, perhaps the 2 units of them and units of acensi, leves or roarii may be rallied to form another legion, so as we may use them to capture the rest of Italia, before disbanding them, or re-enlisting them for further service."
    Asina pauses again
    "however, if we really need the denarii, perhaps the fleet stationed at the port in Eturia may be disbanded, as its maintainance cost is more than the upkeep cost of the 2 triarii we have, and we have no overseas dominions to protect"
    Last edited by everyone; 12-22-2008 at 16:37.

Cotta stands, his cheeks reddened slightly by embarrassment.

Forgive me, Legatus. I did not finish my previous sentence. I did indeed mean to say I will leave immediately after the council session has concluded.

Turning towards the emperor...

I second Legatus Asina's most recent propersition. Should our initial attack on Taras fail, we will need forces to still be active, less the fools retaliate. With all due respect, Emperor, I believe it is too early to relieve these men of active service when they have previously done so much to ensure the survival and thrive of our country. We never know when another Pyhross may attack our shores, or another band of rampaging Celts may sweep through from the north. It is times like those we will need the cool collectiveness and the experience of these veteran fighters.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

"I believe the disbanding of our small navy will make more sense...however it will momentarily leave our ports open to blockade. So this is what shall happen. Our navy will be dismantled, and our Triarii will be used as replenishment should the first assault on Taras fail. At the moment, until Taras is captured at least, we will not create another Legion so for now all troops not being used in it will be for garrisons only."
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-22-2008 at 19:58.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

The Emperor rises...

I hereby declare that the time for proposing legislation has passed! Voting will begin shortly. There will be a one day period allocated for voting. Voting will end at 2pm GMT on Monday, December 23 or upon the time all senators have voted.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Lucius Cornelius Scipio enters the senate chambers

"I apologise for my lateness, I had hoped to be assigned comand of the new legion, however i cannot reasonably complain since i did not make it here in time."

ooc: since i stay in scotland i would appreciate more time to have my say in the next council session...

Looking at the Dictator

"I am yours to command."

"My good son Scipio, if you have a proposal make it quick and we will vote here with a simple yey or nay....and I will have a command ready for you as soon as Taras has been captured. For now, You can stay put and await your own legion."
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

The Emperors chief military adviser enters to display the topic of military tactics...

Standard Legionary tactics should play out as followed, it is not required but only recommended.

Your Ranged units should fire upon the enemy until they are near and then retreat into the first battle line which should be made up of Hastati or Rorarii. Principes or Triarii should make up the reserves as they are the most elite and can easily finish off a weakened enemy. Your Calvary should be placed in a placed in a position they can use to quickly flank or run down retreating enemy forces. Good luck in battle and use your training wisely. I open the floor for suggestion on the displayed tactics.

Last edited by navarro951; 12-24-2008 at 12:27.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Asina, having just entered the Senate chambers a few moments ago making a large commotion, holding in his right arm a rather large slab of stone.
    "pardon, a few moments please"
    Asina hastily sets up a stand and places the stone slab on it. upon the stone slab is what seems to be a military strategy diagram.

Asina takes a few glances around the chambers
    "greetings senators, I notice there are a few new senators here, I shall take this chance to welcome you all, though you may not have spoken yet. I am returning to Rome for a few days while the rest of my Equites Consulares are in Arpi to upgrade their equipment (ooc: retraining)"

He turns towards the chief military adviser
    "ah, dear sir, I would like to beg to differ from your suggestion on our Legionary Tactics, this is how I intend to engage the epirote forces, should they attack us in the field, or should they sally from their settlement"

Asina drags his index finger along the red line at the top
    "since there is a rather limited number of infantry compared our enemy, we should position all our 4 infantry units of Legio I Apulia in a single line; with the Heavy infantry at the centre to hold the line while lighter infantry at the sides to protect from any enemy infantry flanking, for I doubt lighter infantry would hold the line long enough for our cavalry to deliver a flanking charge to the enemy."

he then drags his finger along the red line at the bottom
    "our skirmishers would be placed behind the main infantry line, though they would have a shorter range to fire at the enemy, this is a precaution, in case our skirmishers do not have sufficient time to fall back, and that they may maintain a steady hail on our enemy."

he then moves his finger in a circular motion around the two squares at the side that seem to represent cavalry wings
    "Our cavalry should be placed at the flanks of our infantry, as according to your battle strategy; I intend to use our relatively large number of cavalry to deliver a massive flanking charge to rout the enemy army within a short period of time, minimising casualties. as for how I am going to combat the Epirote's Tarantine Cavalry the next time, I intend to continuously pepper them with pellets from our accensi until they attempt to engage the accensi, which is when the lighter and more mobile (as compared to the equites consulares) equites Romani would chase them; for in my previous experience with them, they are rather hard to engage unless they are 'pinned'."

Asina takes a small step back, ready to listen to the opinions of others

ooc: I'll be role playing Asina's stubborn nature a lot, so he might not agree with the opinions of others, or change his strategies to include other's suggestions
    Last edited by everyone; 12-24-2008 at 17:20.

The voice of Mars is heard throughout the Senate Hall

Nooooo....Romaaaaaansss! You must use the triple acies...the triiipllee acieeeeeesssss....

Asina glides his eyes across the Senate Chambers, apparently searching for the clown who made the voice. his glare is suddenly fixed on Servivs (Amicvs Popvli Romani)
    "Servivs, this is not the place to fool around with your imitation of the God of War. and it is clear that you do not know the limitations we have on our armies, for example the amount of infantry, for right now our units of Cavalry are equal to the units of infantry in Legio I Apulia"

Mars speaks again.

No, it is I, the great and warlike Mars!

The Servivs of which you speak is not even a Senator!

For roleplay purposes, I am not yet a Senator - if I ever even become one. So just pretend that was the voice of a god.

The dozen or so Servivs's in the Senate take turns swearing on their honor that they did not say anything.
    Last edited by desert; 12-25-2008 at 01:25.

bah!
    ooc: since I can't find a way to say this IC I'll just turn to OOC momentarily:
    well since you (desert) made the post I assume you were role-playing your character, Servivs A.P.R (Amicvs Popvli Romani); and it's true we can't adopt the strategy "Mars" showed everyone in a divine vision, since we do not have many units of infantry.
    anyway I just realised that as a former client ruler, you can't be adopted into the family because it seems the game would glitch and create a clone of your character (sometimes, as explained in the EB bug reports)
    Last edited by everyone; 12-25-2008 at 01:35.

The Emperor rises and waves a hand across the Senate floor....he smiles...

"Let us all rejoice! The might of Roma will now be shown to the Epirote scum. Our new legion from Apulia is now complete and ready for battle.We should all wish good luck to Legatus Asina and Tribunus Cotta in their mission to capture Taras."

The Senate applauds and murmurs. The Emperor seats himself. Blasio turns to his father and whispers "Lets hope, for the sake of Roma, that all goes to plan and we don't have a slaughter on our hands. The Emperor nods..."Have faith my son"
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

A young man, dressed in the armour of a Hastati, Enters the Senate Chambers
    "Noble Senatores, I have been sent by Legatus Cnaevs Cornelivs Scipio Asina, commander of the Legio I Apulia; I bring good news that the city of Taras has been captured by our unstoppable Legions! the rowdy population has been expelled"

"and Legatus Asina wishes to pass this message to our great Dictator:"
    the messenger hands the parchment over to the dictator, he unrolls it:

ooc: edit: I just realised that the message has been cut off because I didn't scroll down
    Last edited by everyone; 12-26-2008 at 01:24.

The Emperor smiles, rises, and claps...

"Good men of the council, I would like to take this time to commemorate such a glorious victory. The Epiros show remember the name Apulia for years to come. Also I would like to announce that Legatus Asina will now be called upon as Dux Asina. He has proven his worth in combat and is ready to ascend in the ranks of military fashion."

"We must be quick to reorganize though. Unfortunately the celebration must be cut short. The rebels in Rhegion must be put to the sword.

Here are the next orders for Legio I Apulia. After I have ordered your retraining, you will proceed south to Brettia and eradicate those vile men who dare to call themselves true Romans. Go, eat, drink, and celebrate. Tomorrow your men will drill as hard as before."

The Emperor seats himself and nods...."The Floor is Open!"
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-26-2008 at 04:35.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

"yes Emperor, I shall deliver the news and orders to Legat- I mean Dux Asina immediately"
    with that the Soldier leaves the chambers are rides for Taras

Heir Blasio enters the senate's chamber and seats himself.

"Good sentore sorry, but my father's illness kept him from his duties today. He asked me to relay a message though. The Emperor would like to announce that Roma should show its greatness through economic prosperity as well as expansion. Therefore, he has sent out his best architects and engineers to begin construction of a mighty highway that will speed up trade from Brettia to Etruria. Once it is finished, it is hope that he will leave behind, for Roma, a time of prosperity and coffers full of Denarii. So good senators, let us give praise in that we may leave something so that history will never forget our name"
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-26-2008 at 10:21.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

A young man enters the senatorial floor. He says a few quiet words to those he pass by, but is otherwise largely unnoticed. He finds an empty seat, takes and and sits quietly for a long while, just listening. Then finally he stands up.

"First of all I would like to introduce myself. I am Pvblivs Atilivs Regvlvs, of the Atilia family. With that said, I would like to ask the dictator if there is nothing I can do. I want to see action and serve my time as a Tribunus as quickly as possible, and though I realize money is tight and what army we have is full, I am being wasted here in the senate. I'm a soldier at heart and I want to see battle as one too."

A man dressed in the fine armour of an eqvites entered in the Senate Chambers a few moments ago, before Pvblivs Atilivs Regvlvs spoke
    "Senatores, my commander, Dux Asina has sent me here to inform the senate that the Legio I Apulia has laid siege to the city of Rhegion and it shall fall the next season. Now I shall return to the south to rejoin the legion."

As the young man turns to leave, he abruptly turns to face the rest of the senate again.
    "Tribunus Pvblivs, I believe that Legio I Apulia still has an opening for another Tribunus to be third in command; though I am doubtful that you could make it in time to join the assault on Rhegion. And Dux Asina would welcome another Tribunus to aid him"

the young man held his helmet at his side, ready to leave, yet anticipating an answer.

OOC: darn, I kept referring to TCV as "Kleoronomos Basileus" throughout the whole post while typing it
    Last edited by everyone; 12-27-2008 at 08:57.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

"Is that so? Then I will move south as fast as I can. Thank you."

OOC: Heh, and I accidentally wrote Sarpedon.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 12-26-2008 at 13:59.

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast