Thread: A question on the Roman allies mod.

Default A question on the Roman allies mod.

The one that's a part of the 1.2 mod pack, made by Konny? I believe, or maybe i'm wrong, no matter, you know which one i mean.

Is it right that i can't recruit Triarii in Rome at the start of the game? It doesn't really bother me because i never lose those two that you start with right up until the marian reforms, i put them in a city just for old times sake, i'm just wondering if something went wrong during installation or something. I don't want to have to upgrade that barracks incase i have to recruit more however, i usually wait for that until the Polybian reforms.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Default Re: A question on the Roman allies mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    The one that's a part of the 1.2 mod pack, made by Konny? I believe, or maybe i'm wrong, no matter, you know which one i mean.

Is it right that i can't recruit Triarii in Rome at the start of the game? It doesn't really bother me because i never lose those two that you start with right up until the marian reforms, i put them in a city just for old times sake, i'm just wondering if something went wrong during installation or something. I don't want to have to upgrade that barracks incase i have to recruit more however, i usually wait for that until the Polybian reforms.
    Humm ... I'll check that inmediatly, but I bealive that you need to upgrade your barracks, I don't really remember, could you reruit them in vanilla EB?
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

I'm almost positive you could recruit triarii immediately in vanilla 1.1, i don't know about 1.2 however because i only recently got it and haven't yet played a Rome campaign in 1.2.

I know for sure you could recruit them right from the start in 1.1 because up until the only faction i literally ever played as was Rome, and the first thing i'd do once i took Taras and Rhegion was create another legion, one for north and one for south, so i would always need to recruit two extra units of triarii for the new legion, and i never had to upgrade a barracks to do so.

Yeah, you could recruit Triarii right from the start in 1.1 and it wouldn't be very accurate if you couldn't.
    Last edited by Sumskilz; 12-23-2008 at 19:04.

can somebody confirm in 1.2?
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Well... i can.

I'm positive i installed it right. I had RTW patched to 1.5, i installed EB 1.1 on top of it, then 1.2 then sprites, then your mod pack, following all the instructions very carefully, and every other mod in your mod pack works, i can only recruit Hastati and Principes from Rome and allied troops from the other cities, but no Triarii. I'm getting a cash bonus when i win battles, force diplomacy is working, etc.
    Last edited by Dayve; 12-23-2008 at 22:16.

I know, I meant that if anyone could confirm that you could recruit triarii in EB 1.2 vanilla...
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

I can confirm that - in vanilla EB 1.2 one indeed can recruit triarii in Rome right from the start. It is the only city where this possible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    I can confirm that - in vanilla EB 1.2 one indeed can recruit triarii in Rome right from the start. It is the only city where this possible, though.
    grrr.... <.<

So... what do you gain by leveling up the barracks if not triarii?, you can already recruit equites

I'll check that out.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

How bad you wan't those triarii?
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    How bad you wan't those triarii?
    real bad

keep up the great work though, the mini-pack mod has brought some new life into EB, at least for me.

If you can, look at the original allied legions thread, as i have an interesting question there as well ..

thanks,

MP
    Last edited by mp84; 01-05-2009 at 04:41.