Thread: My Regretful Resignation

Legatus Member Tiberius Claudius Marcellus's Avatar

Default My Regretful Resignation

Hello friends,

It is with heavy heart that I must reluctantly submit my resignation from BtSH. My work has eliminated internet privileges for all employees and it was during those hours which I was most able to keep abreast of all the topics in the Curia and OOC threads. Unfortunately, because of that decision I am no longer able to log in as often as I find necessary to understand and enjoy the events in our game - the once per night/every other night at home that I am able to manage is not enough for me. I have become distant and will only grow more so, thus the game is losing its enjoyability factor.

I wholeheartedly understand the wrench this is going to throw into the gears and I am very sorry that your gameplay will be affected at the least and fundamentally changed at the worst. I enjoyed the many hours of debate and discussion with each and every one of you and especially regret that I will not be present to experience the Aemilian Reforms. I would especially like to thank Navarro951 for putting this game together and wish him continued success with it.

Good luck to all of you in what you do, and most of all, have fun playing this game. _Bean_, I hope that there are no hard feelings re: the jealousy of TCM towards Cotta - I know my character gave yours an exceptionally hard time and I feel that perhaps it may have reduced your enjoyment of the game. You were always a good sport about it and I hope that Cotta can enjoy a lengthy term as both governor and general again. I will be in the forums from time to time checking out questions and the screen shot competitions. Feel free to drop me an IM any time.

Strength and Honor,

Tiberius Claudius Marcellus, Legatus
    Semper Fidelis

As an afterthought, I wish to RP that my character has been thrown from a horse and succumbed to a head injury, thus my avatar will be unavailable for anyone else to play. I also wish to bequeath my noble and loyal servants (entourage) to both Dux Servius Sempronius Longus (Potocello) and Legatus Decimus Cornelius Scipio (Mooks). Gentlemen, you have been strong allies and trustworthy friends in this game. Please decide amongst yourselves who gets which follower for your own character screens and send a PM to Navarro with the decision. When you are finally able to form your house, I would be honored if you chose to select the Villa Claudia as your headquarters.
    Last edited by Tiberius Claudius Marcellus; 03-31-2009 at 06:05.
    Semper Fidelis

Campaigns Completed:
    Casse, Epirote, Getai, Romani
    "it is in his character traits and that's how Tiberius chooses to rp him. In all honesty i think this would be boring without such ridiculous characters..."

Default Re: My Regretful Resignation

A huge blow indeed, being a such a great political foe to cotta it will take a lot of RP out of the game. We are getting more and more inactive players it is terrible to lose another. I hope you may one day find a chance to come back.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

you will be missed TCM!

That's bad news indeed.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

But...but...you can't leave! But I guess a stuttering fool won't stop you...

You've been an exceptionially good player, TCM, mainly because I hate you. Don't take that in a bad way; indeed it makes you one of the games strongest participants that we as characters had such a strong rivaly and hatred towards each other. It will be extremely difficult to replicate that.

However, I do understand that RL issues will always come before an online game, and that must be accepted. Don't be a stranger to the forums.

Miss you already, lots of love,

Bean

xxx

EDIT: YES! COTTA WINS! I of course had nothing to do with drugging your horse
    Last edited by /Bean\; 03-31-2009 at 07:33.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear this, and I'm sure Pvblivs will feel this in the Curia. It was nice playing with you.

the universal person Member everyone's Avatar

It's a rather sad thing to see an active player (and one who makes many situations in game to RP political competition and stuff) go.
    I hope you could still come by some time and post in the OOC thread.

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Very sad to see you go TCM. Please stop by sometime!
    Strikeout!

You've left your mark though. Perhaps someone can take over the Phalerium so that it is not neglected or forgotten...
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by _Bean_ View Post
    You've left your mark though. Perhaps someone can take over the Phalerium so that it is not neglected or forgotten...
    i suppose thatd be me seeing as i can edit other peoples posts.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

Dux and Strategos Member Potocello's Avatar

noooooooo, ugh now who will piss of Cotta? :( oh well it was fun while it lasted, glad you played as long as you could.

You will be missed here, i hope you can top by and post something in the OOC chatroom from time to time.
    Last edited by Potocello; 03-31-2009 at 21:52.
    "Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie"
    - from Tiberius Claudius Marcellus

Look out for the upcoming PBM! Get ready to defend your tribe from both external and internal rivals!

My character was being very quiet recently. I was rather hoping all the bad press might go away...now you're looking for a nemesis replacement? Damn you!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

No no, i suppose this may be an opportunity to make amends between our, mm.. groups?
    "Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie"

Look out for the upcoming PBM! Get ready to defend your tribe from both external and internal rivals!

what? after your rascals threw eggs and tomatoes to our beloved house? NEVER! I will bring the Egg-salad war upon you

Feel free, as long as you leave my egg-salad alone
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Uuuhm... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by _Bean_ View Post
    Feel free, as long as you leave my egg-salad alone

Not to worry - Appius Claudius Nero is most pleased that the assassin from the future (or "sniper" as he called himself) he had hired to kill TCM was successful.

That never happened. But anyway, my senator will be eager to rise to the challenge.

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

Goodbye, nice playing with you, you were the bedrock of house licentia prolertair (Which exists without a state mandate, so much operate out of the sewers. Senators by day, badasses by night). Ill have to increase my activity to try and make up for it, but I know I shall fail.

I know how you feel about the work thing. I used to keep active on here mostly during my computer class, and now the teacher is shutting off the internet more and more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Yeah, I went on BtSH all through my IT lessons, and now the sites filtered.
    + =
    [/CENTER]