Thread: Cathedrals/Musketeers

i was just wondering how you obtain cathedrals, what are the specific requirements other than a church, citidel, port, and protugese trading post

I don't know if a trading post is required, but you need six churches. At least theoretically, churches built by anyone will count.
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Yea thanks
    i thought it migh thave some thing to do with number

What does a cathedral let you build? I never go Christian since I usually wait for Dutch.
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

To build a Cathedral u must have 6 churches and a Portugese trading post in your kingdom, and a Citadel in the province you want to construct it in.
    Cathedrals give an income of 100 per church in ALL Japan, each year
    They also upgrade your trading posts so can purchase musketeers from the Portugese without constructing Gun Factories.
    However, a bug in the game means that the honor bonus gained by guns from Gun Factories doesn`t apply when you have a Cathedral, not matter whether it has been constructed before or after the Gun Factory

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

You should try going christian just for the Horde challenge -- by the time you build that huge cathedral and get muskies, you will definitely need them to battle Hojo (or whoever) 's massive Horde and groupy geisha legions.
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]