Thread: Merry Xmas all

Default Merry Xmas all

Over the last few months have seen countless folks wandering through Medivle looking to play....
    with all in vi have been wondering if we as a community should consider returning to medivle...the pros would be the player base would increase 100% in a month lm betting..
    once you play a few games your hooked..in anycase would be some new players..l see at least 3-5 folks every week looking to play on medivle but they dont as none are there...if we as a community returned to med belive we can save and even increase the player base...
    ...realy ..what are our options...at the rate were going now see a few folks returning but we need new blood as well...
    ..so we wait and hope new release next year will be playable...if its anything like mtw2 or rome they may as well not release it as far as lm concerned as l wont buy it....

...anyway any thoughts folks?

.....games up

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Re: Merry Xmas all

Here's your sword back Critter. The other site it was stored on has been closed.

Merry Christmas
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Quote Originally Posted by CanCritter View Post
    Over the last few months have seen countless folks wandering through Medivle looking to play....
    with all in vi have been wondering if we as a community should consider returning to medivle...the pros would be the player base would increase 100% in a month lm betting..
    once you play a few games your hooked..in anycase would be some new players..l see at least 3-5 folks every week looking to play on medivle but they dont as none are there...if we as a community returned to med belive we can save and even increase the player base...
    ...realy ..what are our options...at the rate were going now see a few folks returning but we need new blood as well...
    ..so we wait and hope new release next year will be playable...if its anything like mtw2 or rome they may as well not release it as far as lm concerned as l wont buy it....

.....games up
    VI is a failure because longjohn refused to fix the spears in MTW/VI version 2.01. The combo units are a problem as well because of the discounted upgrade cost which allows ranged units to become melee units. The result is that there are only two cost effective components to the RPS, i.e. cav and sword. I find two component RPS not worth my time to play.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello CanCritter,

How are you?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool Re: Merry Xmas all

Quote Originally Posted by CanCritter View Post

.....games up

I wish I had more time to play VI. That is my most favortie game for MP..... ever. I don't care what other TW MP player think of this game hontestly. If you don't like it, that's ok, you got your opinion. If you do... Then you share the fun of the game with me, the Cakemeister !

Starting in the new year, I be playing VI as much as I can, CanCritter. I will never quit VI. I first started MP on VI in Early 2004, before RTW came out and "killed MP" so to speak. I had the best times ever on any MP game by playing on VI in that 6 1/2-7 month timespan activley.

VI is a failure because longjohn refused to fix the spears in MTW/VI version 2.01. The combo units are a problem as well because of the discounted upgrade cost which allows ranged units to become melee units. The result is that there are only two cost effective components to the RPS, i.e. cav and sword. I find two component RPS not worth my time to play.

I don't know about that Yuuki. I myself, never really cared about the extact detalis of the game. I do care about the gameplay, but I don't do the "the unit has a .05 range" and such stuff. Makes no sense. If you don't like VI Yuuki, that's ok, you play what you want. But in order to help the community (and have fun in the process), I think people need to start playing MTW/VI again.

Merry Late Chirtmas all and a happy New Year!!

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}AntiWarmanCake88 View Post
    I don't know about that Yuuki. I myself, never really cared about the extact detalis of the game. I do care about the gameplay, but I don't do the "the unit has a .05 range" and such stuff. Makes no sense.
    And Yuuki is not talking about petty unit details but about the basic Total War RPS gameplay being broken. The sad part of it all is that CA introduced a new unit type in the form of polearm units which meant a potientially very interesting gameplay with 3 different infantry melee types but it got screwed up so only one type became the dominant.

It seems CanCritter asks if the community should go back to basic MTW because that is what several newcomers have.

Happy Newyear everyone and may 2009 bring happy days for Total War MP.

CBR

Blog Entries

I know that CBR, I was just saying .

Happy New Years Everyone!

Hello all again.

It seems i have mtw and vi sitting in my games collection, yet i cant play them like many other peeps who upgrade there card to 8 series, so i am stuck and miss the great game and ppl of mtw/vi
    AggonyJudgee

Incredibly, I hate to agree with Warman.

With all due respect to Puzz, I don't consider VI such a failure, it has it flaws but theres more positive things to say for a game still running for more than 8 years now. The community now is very small but there is still a core of die hard players. All we wish is to inform other players new and old we are still here. The lobby is obviously not what it used to be...we now have to meet at specific times to play or else you may log in and find an empty room and think VI is completely dead.

Critter right now is probably the most active player of all of us right now...he sees so many log in before and after our VI meetings. If only we met at the same time...

btw We miss you to Judgee!

Happy Holidays everyone!
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Merry Xmas all

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter KIng George View Post
    Incredibly, I hate to agree with Warman.

btw We miss you to Judgee!

Happy Holidays everyone!

A lot of people hate to argee with me George!

Judgee!!! I hope you not a Judge, because You may condem my Swissland8 Armies!

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to All.

Let us hope that MP will still continue in any format.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

thanx kindly Tom.....keep the ideas and thoughts comein folks...
    guess one of the issues right now for some folks is the vista and grapic cards...is there a fix for these issues?....youd think the newer cards would handle the game easly

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

What times and days do you meet on vi mp, i would love to get back into it.... im not very available on the weekends unfortunately....
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Blog Entries

How About Friday Grizzly ?

Friday is a bit of a problem, saturday too. Sunday is more doable but i don't tend to have set times for things, i usually play on the pc early hours of the morning gmt, and later on friday or saturday if at all...

I was kinda hoping there would be a set time people meet that coincides with my usual free time as i don't really know in advance what times i will be available for...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Blog Entries

Well, if you like a 1v1, I can play any day. .

What kind of timezone is swissland in eh ?

Im in euro timezone but for all intents and purposes im american timezone

Blog Entries

GMT -5, East Coast of the US I live in :-). On TW, I live in Swissland!

Now i have just got to figure out where medieval cd 1 is, had a small look the other day and no luck, obviously i have put it somewhere 'safe'.

Once i have it installed ill probably message you late afternoon your time, i will probably be pretty useless.... thinking on it i should probably have a few custom games before i attempt mp...