Thread: How to allow Rome to recruit celtic levy's early on

Default How to allow Rome to recruit celtic levy's early on

Hi guys,

I'm currently playing Rome and would like to be able to recruit celtic levy unit with the lvl 1 regional barracks. I know it was changed to stop Rome as AI over recruiting them but since I'm playing Rome changing it for this campaign I see as ok really.

So how do I go about it? I've very limited knowledge of modding so detailed step by step description would be much appreciated...

Would it be save compatible also since I'm a few turns into my current campaign.

Thanks in advance

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to allow Rome to recruit celtic levy's early on

You need to change export_descr_building.txt file

Look for Barracks_Z (It's in the bottom of the file)

Then just find the correct unit from the third barrack upgrade, copy-paste it into the first two and it's all done.

Also, changes in the edb and edu file are save game compatible as far as I can remember.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 12-24-2008 at 15:23.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    You need to change export_descr_building.txt file

Look for Barracks_Z (It's in the bottom of the file

Then just find the correct unit from the third barrack upgrade, copy-paste it into the first two and it's all done.

Also, changes in the edb and edu file are save game compatible as far as I can remember.
    Unit stats (EDU) and unit recruitment (EDB) changes are savegame compatible.

Hi again,

I'm not actually 100% which level barracks that different celtic units were able to be recruited at before it was altered so Rome needed lvl3 barracks. It seems the recruitment viewer has been updated and now shows all units in lvl3 barracks.

Is there any chance some one could post with which lvl barracks used to be needed to recruit celtic levy spearmen (lvl1 I suspect), celtic slingers, celtic spearmen... ect

Thanks

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

levy spears are definately lvl 1, the other two ca be made lvl2 though you might want to set the slinger to lvl 3 (as they can be quite powerfull tools on a battlefield.)

even using ctr'f to find barracks_Z I still cant make head nor' tails of all the lines of coding...

I may just stick with it being lvl3 to recruit and pass it off as the act the celts are being very uncooperative.

In EB 1.2, I was able to recruit Gaeroas, Lugoae and Iosatae from a level 1 MIC in Segesta, but just there.