Thread: On the matter of artillery, AI, and others

Question On the matter of artillery, AI, and others

Hey FactionHeir,

This is nice mod/fix you've got presented here, and I'm going to give it a try!

Quick Questions:

1- I've never seen it explicitly stated, but does all your re-balances of units fix the situations where the AI would spam stacks of artillery units? Answered in FAQ. However, will the AI still spam gunpowder artillery in the late game, or is that recruitment highly limited as well?

2- Based on the question from above, does the AI tend to recruit better-balanced armies? Answered in FAQ.

3- If I mod in the Saxon faction (in Hamburg or something), will they be well-balanced as to not cause any noticeable errors? If not, can you give me any hints/instructions on making them so?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eagerly await the time when I am finished installating your mini-mod.

EDIT: 4- Is there any improvements in how soldiers would back up and spread apart while engaged in melee? I seen a few threads on fixing this sort of thing in the forums...
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 12-25-2008 at 09:25.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: On the matter of artillery, AI, and others

No, it doesn't spam gunpowder artillery as that is also limited (though not as much as non gunpowder ones)

If you include saxons, it depends on what units you give them. I only balanced units that also appear in game in addition to those that were part of a living faction. As saxons are not normally playable, they have not been balanced at all and their units may likely be inferior. You can of course balance them yourself based on similar units

Re errors, if you implement them properly, then there shouldn't be any errors occuring as a result.

Cluttering - no the last update was way before that was posted. Plus, I personally play on small unit scale so there is little cluttering to begin with. Can always do that in some future update though.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Thumbs up Re: On the matter of artillery, AI, and others

Thx for the info, FacHei. Another question, if I may?

Why are the units arranged in such deep formations? It seems as if they're stationed in marching columns.

I must say, though, so far I have been immensely enjoying your mini-mod. It's really good, and does a great job at fixing standard M2TW bugs. I look forward to your expanded map!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: On the matter of artillery, AI, and others

Deeper formations tend to do better against cavalry

Besides, you do march to the battle field
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)