Thread: Switzerland Vacation

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Default Switzerland Vacation

As you all know I'm going to Europe for 5 weeks (two of which are being spent in Belgium). Two weeks will be spent in Switzerland particularly in the city of Wauwil (near Luzern) and I was curious if anyone had any tips.

Other Belgium thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=110935

Thanks again guys!

Default Re: Switzerland Vacation

Vergess den Schweiz und reise nur in lieber Oesterreich!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Luzern is beautiful. There's a handy tram thingy system which will take you up the mountains a ways and give a great view of the lake. Just be careful up in the mountains- they didn't have the greatest of hand rails.

Also, there's a slew of very nice, small shops in the town area by the lake. I'd advise allotting a couple hours at least just to go through the streets and browsing.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

When in Switzerland eat lots and lots of Rosti.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always wanted to go vist Zurich and Geneva. I hear they have good chocaltes and wine there, the Swiss. .

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}AntiWarmanCake88 View Post
    I always wanted to go vist Zurich and Geneva. I hear they have good chocaltes and wine there, the Swiss. .
    I thought you were king?

I'll visit Zurich probably, but I'm not 100% sure. I might be attending four years of University in Switzerland, so who knows!?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Luzern is a really nice place to visit, a really cozy small Swiss town. Don't forget to eat lots of chocolate and always try to go by tram or by foot; don't go by car, it will spoil the fun. When you go to the town center, go by foot so you can check out all the small shops - make sure to bring lots of cash, you would want to buy stuff, and Switzerland isn't a very cheap country.

If you manage to do it, visit Zurich by all means. It's absolutely wonderful, a big city with an amazing tram system, filled with young people. Bustling all the time, and the city center is great.

Enjoy the vacation.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Luzern is a really nice place to visit, a really cozy small Swiss town. Don't forget to eat lots of chocolate and always try to go by tram or by foot; don't go by car, it will spoil the fun. When you go to the town center, go by foot so you can check out all the small shops - make sure to bring lots of cash, you would want to buy stuff, and Switzerland isn't a very cheap country.

If you manage to do it, visit Zurich by all means. It's absolutely wonderful, a big city with an amazing tram system, filled with young people. Bustling all the time, and the city center is great.

Enjoy the vacation.
    Any places you might visit? Seeing as how you are in boarding school in Switzerland.

I have so far for sure:

Castle in Gruier
    Schloss Habsburg, Aargau

Maybe:

Castle in Eglet

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Zermatt. Wear sunscreen.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur