Thread: Unit images bugging out in battle

Legatus Member Tiberius Claudius Marcellus's Avatar

Default Unit images bugging out in battle

When playing battles, Roman Triarii, Principes, Consular cavalry, and pretty much all other spear/cavalry units from other factions become bugged when I zoom in on them.

Game and unit performance/mechanics are not affected, only their image. Legs, arms, and heads gather in the center of the shield, the torso disappears, and units always appear to be running, with thighs pumping up and down and no calves.

Horse units do the same with the rider's arms/heads sitting on the saddle and the horses' bodies disappearing.

This is a new problem for me and EB1.1 / 1.2 EB1.0 did not do this. I have completely uninstalled RTW and EB and re-installed them freshly and I have no sub-mods installed. The problem started several months ago and was never an issue before. If I lower game settings the problem occurs much later in game play; but still does occur. Even restarting my computer / re-installing Winblows does not solve this issue.

Are there any patches/scripts that can fix this?
    Is this a memory leak in the coding?
    Is this a hardware problem on my end?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Semper Fidelis

Campaigns Completed:
    Casse, Epirote, Getai, Romani
    "it is in his character traits and that's how Tiberius chooses to rp him. In all honesty i think this would be boring without such ridiculous characters..."

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Default Re: Unit images bugging out in battle

Hmmm, this sounds as if the missing sprites thing for 1.2 hasn't been fully fixed...

Someone with moderator powers should move this to EB Technical Help sub-forum so bovi will notice.

Thank you for responding, I appreicate that someone got to me.
    Semper Fidelis

Campaigns Completed:
    "it is in his character traits and that's how Tiberius chooses to rp him. In all honesty i think this would be boring without such ridiculous characters..."

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Its not an EB thing. Ive had simlar sprite problems with vanilla for over two years.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnaeus Licinius Calvus Stolo View Post

When playing battles, Roman Triarii, Principes, Consular cavalry, and pretty much all other spear/cavalry units from other factions become bugged when I zoom in on them.

Game and unit performance/mechanics are not affected, only their image. Legs, arms, and heads gather in the center of the shield, the torso disappears, and units always appear to be running, with thighs pumping up and down and no calves.

Horse units do the same with the rider's arms/heads sitting on the saddle and the horses' bodies disappearing.

This is a new problem for me and EB1.1 / 1.2 EB1.0 did not do this. I have completely uninstalled RTW and EB and re-installed them freshly and I have no sub-mods installed. The problem started several months ago and was never an issue before. If I lower game settings the problem occurs much later in game play; but still does occur. Even restarting my computer / re-installing Winblows does not solve this issue.

Are there any patches/scripts that can fix this?
    Is this a memory leak in the coding?
    Is this a hardware problem on my end?

Thanks in advance for your help

what do you have unit detail set to?
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    what do you have unit detail set to?
    This problem occurs at all combinations of detail levels for units/terrain.
    Semper Fidelis

Campaigns Completed:

I haven't seen this problem before. Although I've seen "similar" stuff in other games, which was fixed by upgrading my video drivers. You should try that.

Anyone else got them fixed at some point?
    Last edited by bovi; 01-02-2009 at 21:00.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Sounds good to me, I'm planning on upgrading my system anyway. Again, this is just a visual problem, game play is not affected. Thanks for all the help/advice.

Yep, confirmed driver problem. All is well, thanks!
    Last edited by Tiberius Claudius Marcellus; 01-04-2009 at 05:48. Reason: added the problem solution
    Semper Fidelis

Campaigns Completed: