Thread: Kingdoms Expansion-4th crusade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kingdoms Expansion-4th crusade

Playing as the Byzantines in the Kingdoms expansion,when the 4th crusade attacked Constantinople and were destroyed as I had the city filed with a mixture of Varangians and archers,now what's left of them for some reason is wandering down my coastline and has just reached Trezibond. Anyone know what the hell the AI is doing,as all the cities in there path are well-garrisoned,they have no hope of taking any of them..

Default Re: Kingdoms Expansion-4th crusade

Sometimes the AI can be silly. Running small stacks around like chickens with there head cut off. I am usure why the crusaders went that way. If they are not a threat then I wouldn't worry too much about them. They could cause some devestation though if they stay in on spot too long. Better to end their misery.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

From what I understand, they retreated in Asia Minor in their defeat. Are you holding the "fords" at Constantinople and further south ?

If you do, then the Crusaders are only taking the long way home around the Black Sea...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Not exactly,but they aren't getting past my fortress of Trezibond as it's full of all kinds of heavy calvary,plus the mongols are roaming around that area,so they have a good chance of being destroyed if they keep wandering..