Thread: strange changes during a campaign

Default strange changes during a campaign

Dear mod team,
    My PC is a HP dv4450ea with an Intel Pentium M 745A( 1,8 GHz/400MHz socket479 and 2MB level 2cache),and i already upgrated RAM in 2G from 1.
    I can run RTW untill 14AD, EB1.1 untill 200BC(??) and even MTW(except battles...)without any problem. But now in 200 BC i face several problems in EB1.1.
    The first problem i faced was the universall government types crash. I already red about it and i think it happened because i saved a Scipii campaign after a saved Julii campaign in RTW.
    Some crashes occures from time to time when i put the fight battle in the battle map bottom but if i save the game before doing this when i load it again everything is OK.
    Now in my ongoing KH VH/medium campaign in year 200(almost) i put the fight battle in the battle map button and i see the battle menu was changed. We all know the classic menu with the timeclock and double/triple game speed in the left down corner, units in the center and buttons in the right corner. But the menu was like this: units down left, no double,triple game speed and if you want the other buttons(skirmish,rally,fire at will etc etc) you could find them hidden in the higher place of the screen. The resolution i use is 800x600x16 in battle map and 1024x768x16 in strategy map with custom performance.
    Just like magic this problem was solved automatically but now i do not have the abillity to develop my troops (really bad that the battle begins immediatelly...)and also i can't use the set unit formation to loose/tight, enable skirmish mode, fire at will and furthermore all my missile troops have amo that never ends (you should see a three silver chevroned cretan archer with 750!!! kills and 0 casualties) but now i see the strategy map in the left part of my screen and also i can see the work surface of my PC and the windows bar in the bottom. Battle map captures the right corner without the known black bakground we all know for both maps(in RTW it is still there. That is the only reason i tried Julli and Scipii campaigns...).
    Also Karalli was not shown for a few turns in the strategy map despite the fact that i had a client ruler there and some units. After a few turns it was back....
    And something last for the background script. Despite the fact that i always put in my faction control panel or a city the small face never speaks to me. He only appears when a FM is 16 and he should go to Sparta for the agoge and when he finishes. Even then i can see only the text and never speaks despite the fact that i put the speak/texture buttom. I never had an advice for what to built or do(i remember once that he adviced me not to attack Thermon and Messana and only this.....)
    I really hope that you can spent a few minutes of your valuable time to give me some answers.

I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possibe.
    nikomahos.

Love the responsibility. Say: Me, me on my own I have the duty to save Earth. In case she is not safe I will be responsible. Nikos Kazantzakis-Salvatores Dei.

Default Re: strange changes during a campaign

Wow, please use some alineas to divide your text!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKOMAHOS View Post
    Dear mod team,
    My PC is a HP dv4450ea with an Intel Pentium M 745A( 1,8 GHz/400MHz socket479 and 2MB level 2cache),and i already upgrated RAM in 2G from 1.
    I can run RTW untill 14AD, EB1.1 untill 200BC(??) and even MTW(except battles...)without any problem. But now in 200 BC i face several problems in EB1.1.
    The first problem i faced was the universall government types crash. I already red about it and i think it happened because i saved a Scipii campaign after a saved Julii campaign in RTW.
    The year you are in has little to do with any crashes or problems...
    EB is installed in its own modfolder (including save folder). What you do in RTW vanilla has no influence on EB.

Some crashes occures from time to time when i put the fight battle in the battle map bottom but if i save the game before doing this when i load it again everything is OK.
    You have the fixes installed for 1.1? (you're still playing 1.1 right? If you are playing 1.2, get the fixes for 1.2) For the crashes, look at the frequent issues thread.

Now in my ongoing KH VH/medium campaign in year 200(almost) i put the fight battle in the battle map button and i see the battle menu was changed. We all know the classic menu with the timeclock and double/triple game speed in the left down corner, units in the center and buttons in the right corner. But the menu was like this: units down left, no double,triple game speed and if you want the other buttons(skirmish,rally,fire at will etc etc) you could find them hidden in the higher place of the screen. The resolution i use is 800x600x16 in battle map and 1024x768x16 in strategy map with custom performance.
    You have enabled Minimum UI with the trivial script. To change back to the old UI, uncheck minimal UI in the trivial script.

Just like magic this problem was solved automatically but now i do not have the abillity to develop my troops (really bad that the battle begins immediatelly...)and also i can't use the set unit formation to loose/tight, enable skirmish mode, fire at will and furthermore all my missile troops have amo that never ends (you should see a three silver chevroned cretan archer with 750!!! kills and 0 casualties) but now i see the strategy map in the left part of my screen and also i can see the work surface of my PC and the windows bar in the bottom. Battle map captures the right corner without the known black bakground we all know for both maps(in RTW it is still there. That is the only reason i tried Julli and Scipii campaigns...).
    Looks like you are playing EB in windowed mode. I don't remember if that can be altered with the trivial script. Maybe someone else can help you with that, because I don't really understand what you mean here.

The battle beginning immediately always happens when a garrizon you are laying seige to attacks you.

Have you installed any other mods on RTW?
    Because it looks like your preference file has been changed (minimum UI, unlimited ammo,...)

Also Karalli was not shown for a few turns in the strategy map despite the fact that i had a client ruler there and some units. After a few turns it was back....
    Yes, that happens sometimes, just build a watchtower nearby or move a family member nearby or in the city (the latter only after the client is dead and the type has been detroyed).

And something last for the background script. Despite the fact that i always put in my faction control panel or a city the small face never speaks to me. He only appears when a FM is 16 and he should go to Sparta for the agoge and when he finishes. Even then i can see only the text and never speaks despite the fact that i put the speak/texture buttom. I never had an advice for what to built or do(i remember once that he adviced me not to attack Thermon and Messana and only this.....)
    The background script is what should be activated every time you load before clicking end turn the first time.
    The script, once activated, provides certain features like the Spartan Agoge and the Allied cities (as well as reforms and in 1.1 the client rulers). Read the FAQ for more information.

All RTW Vanilla advice has been removed. The EB thought players could decide on their own what to build (well, at least better than dumb AI).

Only EB scripting advice remains and of course that isn't spoken (unless the EB would start to record themselves reading the advice outloud). EB material wasn't part of the game when you bought it, you know...
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 01-03-2009 at 13:51.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

If you don't want to play in windowed mode, you need to remove the -ne switch. I think this is an option in the Trivial Script, which I think you're using. If you're not, you'll have to change your shortcut.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Hi Bovi,

I have absolutely no idea how to do that :(

Wrong thread..
    Last edited by Dutchhoplite; 01-03-2009 at 11:33.
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

Bovi,
    Thank you for your answer.
    Could you please tell me how to do this because it is really unfair to have artillery units with ammunition that never ends(i just had a battle that one gold chevroned cretan archer killed 1565!!! romans and kept on firing till the last roman left the battle field without any move in the small blue line under his picture..).Or even skirmishers without skirmish mode. And most of all I do not have the chance to develop my troops.
    Maybe dutchoplite posted in a wrong place but i really have the same problem.
    Furthermore it would be great if you could expain to me why all these happened during the campaign. I wrote that i had allready played more than 300 rounds...
    Nikomahos.

Love the responsibility. Say: Me, me on my own I have the duty to save Earth. In case she is not safe I will be responsible. Nikos Kazantzakis-Salvatores Dei.

Mediolanicus answered most of your problems, including the minimal UI.

The unlimited ammunition is an option that you set in RTW. I think it's done when you start the campaign, or possibly in the gameplay options.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thank you all for spenting your time here.
    Finally all those changes occured because my brother tried to put the game through his facings.
    Sorry for all those finally stupid questions.