Thread: 1.2 client ruler system

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

Default 1.2 client ruler system

I've noticed that if you adopt somebody he will get the 'recruited general' trait. Was this intended? And how can you get rid of this new system?

Default Re: 1.2 client ruler system

It was intended. The "recruited general" trait only appears for the initial turn after recruiting the general. Within this turn, you must decide whether the general will be either an allied governor ("client ruler") or a combat general ("Allied General"). You make the choice by moving the character out of the settlement during his "recruited general" turn.

Depending on your choice, he will develop significantly differently as the game goes on. For example, my allied general easily achieved 10 stars and has an all star ancillary cast exclusively composed of combat-related aides (veteran officers, centurions, runners, etc.). Moreover, he has developed combat-related traits very easily as well (he is already an infantry command genius and he is 39).

He was talking about adopted family members getting the trait, not the recruitable generals.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 01-03-2009 at 19:55.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    He was talking about adopted family members getting the thread, not the recruitable generals.
    Yes, I'm asking if adopted FMs are supposed to get it.

PS I believe you meant 'trait' not 'thread' Mediolanicus

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpian View Post
    PS I believe you meant 'trait' not 'thread' Mediolanicus
    Woops!

Anyway, I hope someone can answer your question.
    I haven't adopted someone yet in EB 1.2, so I don't know if it happens with me too.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Never had that happen to an adopted FM. However, was said adopted FM previously a recruited general? If he managed to be adopted before he turned into an Allied General or Client Ruler then that could explain it. Otherwise you'd have a FM with the Allied General/Client Ruler trait, making them relegated to command or Allied Gov's.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Quote Originally Posted by LordCurlyton View Post
    Never had that happen to an adopted FM. However, was said adopted FM previously a recruited general? If he managed to be adopted before he turned into an Allied General or Client Ruler then that could explain it. Otherwise you'd have a FM with the Allied General/Client Ruler trait, making them relegated to command or Allied Gov's.

Nope, none of them were recruited generals. Anyways, I'd be happy if someone could just tell me how to disable the whole 'recruited general/allied general/client ruler' thing so i can just train ordinary generals like in 1.1; I can do without client rulers.

Adopted generals are not supposed to get the RecruitedGeneral trait, no. Possibly there is an error in the unit size detection. The function that decides whether a general is recruited or a family member relies on the UnitSize trait of the father, you see. So if he hasn't been properly initialized, this might happen. As for disabling the feature, just comment out or delete the triggers that award the RecruitedGeneral trait. Or just don't recruit any.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Adopted generals are not supposed to get the RecruitedGeneral trait, no. Possibly there is an error in the unit size detection. The function that decides whether a general is recruited or a family member relies on the UnitSize trait of the father, you see. So if he hasn't been properly initialized, this might happen. As for disabling the feature, just comment out or delete the triggers that award the RecruitedGeneral trait. Or just don't recruit any.
    Could you please explain which are these triggers and where I can find them?

EDIT: Cracked it. Notepad was the reason why I kept getting CTDs when I tried to edit EDCT and I thought I wasn't doing something right. Textpad and everything is fine now
    Last edited by Olimpian; 01-03-2009 at 23:52.