Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scourge of Ephesus [Concluded]

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: The Scourge of Ephesus (SIGN UPS)

Lets make the return of the Bald!

IN!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Innage.

Note will be away for a few days in Mid Jan but will attempt to stay online.

If this is an issue (i.e. you have more than enough) then just drop me.

I will not, however, give back that cookie....
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to:

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Good to have you back, TinCow.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Just hope the town doesn't get over-paranoid about your presence.
    Bah, I didn't do anything special in the last Taormina game. Instead, I got pwned by a mafia n00b who is unfortunately no longer around to defend his brilliant play.
    Last edited by TinCow; 01-05-2009 at 04:21.

IN

1, 2, 3, 4... 10... 15... 20.......
    Gah! Does that mean I don't get a cookie?
    Last edited by glyphz; 01-05-2009 at 08:05.

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Bah, I didn't do anything special in the last Taormina game. Instead, I got pwned by a mafia n00b who is unfortunately no longer around to defend his brilliant play.
    *frowns*

Besides, I think you got him right back in Midgard II.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 01-05-2009 at 08:54.
    Status Emeritus

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

In.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

We're at 29 now

I'll leave the game open for sign up for one additional day.

The game will start tomorrow evening around 20.00 (GMT+1) (or maybe an hour or so later).

Feel free to recruit fellow Orgah's who might be interested.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    We're at 29 now

I'll leave the game open for sign up for one additional day.

The game will start tomorrow evening around 20.00 (GMT+1) (or maybe an hour or so later).

Feel free to recruit fellow Orgah's who might be interested.
    i noticed mods games fly high with sign ups, maybe they could advertise for every persons game, with your influences sign up periods would be so much shorter

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    i noticed mods games fly high with sign ups, maybe they could advertise for every persons game, with your influences sign up periods would be so much shorter
    The Throne Room and its various sub-fora are always open for mafia advertising, as it's also a center for forum gaming and thus is very compatible with the Gameroom. If you have a game that you want promoted, simply send me a PM with the text of the advertisement, and I'll post and sticky it.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Most of the large games already are advertised, at least in the front/backrooms.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out due to lack of time this week.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

From one of the stickies (yeah, yeah, I know, nobody ever bothers to read the stickies):

4. Advertise your game.

a) If you want an advertisement for your mafia game(s) in other subfora then the Gameroom or through a global forum announcement, please PM Andres or Seamus Fermanagh the text of the advertisement and they'll spread the word. Adding a nice pic related to the theme of your game is always a good idea.

b) Also, don't forget to announce your game in your sig

c) PM is your friend when mass recruiting
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

I'm in!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

It's 645 AM here, and I hope to still be at the house when the game begins. As most of you know I have a 2-day period when I am away from the computer as I am practically living at the girlfriend's house and she still has no net access, and I simply can't drive all the way back and spend 8 hours poring through emails and stuff. I will attempt to meet the deadlines and if I cannot, Andres can WOG me or perhaps find a replacement. I think it would be a good idea if Andres had at least one alternate sign up, but that's my humble suggestion.

No one has their roles yet, so frankly I don't care if anyone votes me right away for doing extra leg work, but here it is:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've done some research into the previous game
    , like any good friendless loser with a lot of time on his hands. I analyzed the Trapped in Taormina game and spent time studying the story and who the eventual baddies were. This game will be undoubtedly different, but like any good sequel, bears familiar elements from the first. Here's my pre-game analysis.

Bernard, Juliette's brother from previous mafia.

He was sort of a serial killer, the scourge of Taormina. He was all about protecting Juliette and now she's dead. He was played by Mithrandir last time. He's bent on revenge, dressed in black, grins a lot, and wants Manfredo dead. He's willing to kill all of us to make that happen. His niece Isabelle seems to have a similar role as Bernard did from the previous game, she's obsessed with her own family member and is in love with him. She's probably just as dangerous, and if the pattern holds, even more so. It seems doubtful that if the wacko Bernard manages to kill Manfredo, he will stop killing townies and join us. I am almost totally convinced that Bernard is our main enemy, and that Isabelle may be even more terrifyingly dangerous.

Isabelle is perhaps dressed as a common female tourist, and as such may be detectable in the writeups as a female. However, it's also possible that investigations of her will fail. She will be obsessively protective of her uncle, and may try to kill anyone who votes for the player who has the Bernard role. She MAY NOT be able to kill people who have not yet voted for Bernard, as that was the handicap in the previous game.

Andres seems to leave small clues in his writeups, like a man who always grins or a person who smokes and wears a fedora. Also it seems as though wounds from other kills are mentioned when the killer strikes again, and so on.

Manfredo retired, but was then hired by the Carelli crime family and thus should not be trusted completely. He was played by PrivateerKev last time. He's a dangerous assassin and his allegiance may be anti-town, but also may simply want to survive as his winning condition. Therefore, for the moment, his goals and town's goals may be compatible. We could possibly work together to eliminate Bernard and Isabelle. Manfredo may have been the bad guy in the previous game, but Bernard is his enemy and he is definitely NOT our friend. We have a common foe, and I have a feeling Manfredo is not the main enemy of this game, so to make the sequel not a carbon copy of the first.

Gunner and Fehrad
    seem to be part of a mafia crime family, transporting drugs or weapons or some other hidden item. They will be interested in staying alive, and possibly eliminating their rivals and the town. They may want to hire Manfredo, and they may also try to control Bernard in order to gain some kind of advantage. However, because these are new characters who may be mafia, I doubt that their goals and ours are compatible. I believe there will be several different mafia/serial-killer/anti-town families, and Gunner and Fehrad make up the basic starting bloc of one of those families.

Secret roles
    : If its anything like the previous game, there could be Yakuza, so watch out. Gunner and Fehrad do not sound like they are Yakuza, and so any Yakuza may be their enemies. Since Gunner and Fehrad do not seem to have compatible goals with town, we may find an unlikely temporary ally with the Yakuza, if there are any. Of course, someone may claim to be Yakuza when there really is no such organization in this game, so I would be highly suspect of anyone claiming to be Yakuza. There will probably also be unaffiliated mafia wannabes who will not be aware that they CAN be recruited by a mafia family in their writeups, like the last game. Investigations may reveal who these people are, and to be safe, we may want to lynch them too, to be sure they never make good on their murderous fantasies.

I am certain there is an investigator in this game, but it's not one of the main characters. I have no idea who that person is, and I'd rather not know. My townie groups have been infiltrated before, so taking Seireikhaan's advice I'm giving that a rest for now. I strongly suggest the investigator not reveal to anyone, not even people they investigated unless their investigation is 100% effective in all cases, as in the previous game a townie group's private messages got two town power roles murdered.

In the initial writeups, Manfredo looked at the people around him and sighed. I would suggest he needs our help. Perhaps Andres was not directly implying this, but from a writer's standpoint, we are supposed to be sympathetic towards Manfredo's plight and it does not appear as though his goal is to murder everyone. He's old, he's got his oodles of money and pretty half-naked women, and he's finally able to enjoy the remainder of his life and retire. Manfredo is our unlikely "hero" perhaps. He could have powers and abilities which may be helpful incidentally to town, were we to join together.

I also leave open the possibility that Manfredo may have incompatible goals and may need to die, and also that Andres may make him more anti-town just to vex me for attempting to be a smarty pants, but I also tend to doubt he'd alter the game solely because I hit close to home. For now, I consider Manfredo a potential ally, or at worst neutral to us. Further clues may reverse that analysis.

This game is likely to start with a night phase, unfortunately, if it's like the last one. So, tootles to the unlucky who never get to vote. If I am one of them, I have only this to say: If you destroy me I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Breaking the rules in this game will probably result in being WOG'ed, so don't mess with them. I will any townies after the game that get themselves WOG'ed, suicide, or otherwise commit the crime of being a "bad townie". The rules are there for a reason, to keep the gameplay fair to all parties, and some players will have secret information that will unbalance and ruin the game if pms get quoted anywhere but in public. For that reason, plus the fact that its in the rules, I won't bother asking for a mass reveal at any point. The PMs will be forged anyway, so it should be enough just to know what people's claimed role is, if and when we decide to make them all public.

I intend to stand back from my usual supertownie role, in part because the mafia tend to use my arguments as an effective cover and distraction for the first several rounds. Also, I grow weary of trying to shoulder everything, and if and when we lose, I'd like it to not be because of my bungling alone for a change. I also won't be calling for everyone to give me their information, as private reveals aren't allowed, and if I had a good role like that, being dead won't help me. So I am generally abandoning my strategy (for this game) that I had during the Family Guy mafia and the Lunar Whale mafia. However, I will be engaging people if I can, because as you may remember I am pretty good at rooting out the mafia, even in the games I lost I nailed every single one of them by good reasoning and high suspicion and simply failed to follow through because some people are good at manipulating me. I don't intend to monopolize discussion in this game, to give others a chance to step up to the plate. Many of you have far more actual gameplay experience than me anyway, especially you old timer veterans. I'm learning, though.

I have not received my role PM yet (as I gather none of you have either) and I have no idea what my alignment will be. I'm aware I'll probably be murdered or lynched in relatively short order, but I will pledge to contribute post-mortem as much as the rules allow. And I swear to you, if I am murdered quickly I will be merciless and relentless in harassing my potential attacker until he is brought to justice. I can be very dedicated if I need to be... almost stalkerish.

I just recently tasted a humiliating defeat, so I have a chip on my shoulder, as you may have gathered from this pre-game analysis. Nevermind wasting the first round, I don't intend to waste the pre-game period. The only thing that will satisfy my bloodlust is a pile of dead mafia. Every living townie is another potential turn that we have between us and failure. Take your role seriously, even if you have no role. Unless of course you're anti-town, in which case, go and choke on the barrel of a gun while you gently squeeze the trigger.

I also am developing a secret weapon for use in mafia games which should make me a far more dangerous opponent as either a townie or a mafia. It's not even close to finished yet, and I frankly do not want to reveal all my secrets. Hopefully it should be finished by the time this game is over, and if I can talk after I am dead, I will give my educated guess as to who the mafia is.

Yak yak yak, right? Well once the game starts I will not be monopolizing the discussion as I have been. Mafia do use that to hide. So I'm blending in from now on, no matter who's team I am on, understood?

That's all for now. This game looks like it will be really good, because the previous one was amazingly awesome. I have great respect for one... Sasaki Kojiro. Not to mention a virginal PrivateerKev winning a major mafia game on his first try.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 01-06-2009 at 13:11.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Wow - kudos for the homework askthepizzaguy - can't wait to get the role PM

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Breaking the rules in this game will probably result in being WOG'ed, so don't mess with them. I will any townies after the game that get themselves WOG'ed, suicide, or otherwise commit the crime of being a "bad townie".
    Runs off to re-read the game rules

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Please do! I myself have accidentally broken rules in people's games, and some have broken rules in mine, and the general tone is forgiveness around here. But it's actually a better policy to WOG players who break the rules, especially if they are rules critical to the game. We can't know which ones are critical, but it's a fair bet information sharing is the most critical way you can get yourself WOG'ed.

As a townie, I don't want to lose due to WOGs. As a mafia, I'd rather earn victory myself. So seriously, please try to follow the rules in this one. The previous one had 4 WOGs I believe. And suicides due to accidental reveals as well.

I'm no one's boss, but I will be disappointed if we lose people due to silly mistakes. Read the rules and know them.

Please.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Please do! I myself have accidentally broken rules in people's games, and some have broken rules in mine, and the general tone is forgiveness around here.
    Not in my games

Rules will be ruthlessly enforced *

*However, I do accept bribes.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Not in my games
    I understand and respect that position. A position I'm having to enforce in the Golden Rule if there are any breaches. That's why I'm being super duper uber clear that we are not to break Master Andres' rules in any way shape or form, or else... mafia or not, I'll bring you in the back and break a few thumbs...

heh heh heh
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I also am developing a secret weapon for use in mafia games which should make me a far more dangerous opponent as either a townie or a mafia. It's not even close to finished yet, and I frankly do not want to reveal all my secrets. Hopefully it should be finished by the time this game is over, and if I can talk after I am dead, I will give my educated guess as to who the mafia is.

Your own version of Holmes?

Something like that. But I refuse to simply copy someone else's idea, and I have ideas of my own to implement.

Oh, you mean the vote-indexing system? No, no actually it's not that at all. But I may want to incorporate that too.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 01-06-2009 at 18:56.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Something like that. But I refuse to simply copy someone else's idea, and I have ideas of my own to implement.

Oh, you mean the vote-indexing system? No, no actually it's not that at all. But I may want to incorporate that too.
    Is it a vote-indexing system that you use at the same time as eating secret ingredient noodle soup?

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

No, it's a bunch of nanites which I've sent out into the world to spy on you and slowly dismantle your computers and bring me their components so I can better track your activities, and also look at any you've downloaded.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    Is it a vote-indexing system that you use at the same time as eating secret ingredient noodle soup?
    you watched kung fu panda too?

I'll be with you soon to officially open the game!

Ja mata, TosaInu

(...)

8.00 pm - In the ancient Odeion.
    The tourists were gathered in the ancient Odeion.

For reasons beyond their comprehension, the local police didn't respond to phone calls, the taxis that are usually crawling around the site, were gone and no buses or local dolmushes were near the site.

One of the tourists, a tall man, stood up and started to talk:

"Well, it seems like nobody is going to help us in the near future. I suggest we try to get some sleep now and maybe tomorrow morning help will arive."

The Scourge of Ephesus - Night 1.

8.10 pm - The City of Ephesus.

That said, everybody tried to find a comfortable spot on the enormous archeological site. Some went to the old latrines, others to the temple of Hadrianus or the Celsus library. A few just stayed in the Odeon or walked to the ancient theatre.

After a few hours, the last voices quit whispering and the silent night fell over Ephesus...

An older man woke up.

Did he hear screams? Hysterical laughter? Or was it just a dream?

He decided to go back to sleep.

Alive (30):

boudica
    GeneralHankerchief
    Jolt
    seireikhaan
    Rythmic
    777Ares777
    shlin28
    Tiberius of the Drake
    Reenk Roink
    White_Eyes :D
    Tevashzat
    187Beefyz
    Chaotix27
    Askthepizzaguy
    Quintus.JC
    YLC
    Sigurd
    woad&fangs
    Yoyoma1910
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Lord Winter
    CountArach
    TinCow
    TheFlax
    Caius
    El Diablo
    Glyphz
    FactionHeir
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Ignoramus

Killed (0) :

Lynched (0) :

WoG/Suicide (0):

It is now night. PM's please.

Note 1 : The townie pm is publicly available here:

Townie

You are one of the tourists.

During the day, you have to vote for the person you think is guilty. The person with the most votes, will be lynched.

When all mafiosi and other bad guys are lynched or killed, you win the game.

Good luck

Andres.
    Note 2 : night will last for 24 hours and will end on +/- 22h15 (GMT +1 - that's about 23 hours 50 minutes from now)

Note 3 : Good luck and HAVE FUN

Ja mata, TosaInu

FYI, you have Lord Winter down as a player, but he withdrew due to time constraints.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Default Re: The Scourge of Ephesus (IN PLAY)

*Snaps photos*

Gosh, I wonder if there's any Mexican restaurants around here?

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    *Snaps photos*

Gosh, I wonder if there's any Mexican restaurants around here?
    Lets go together don't go to the pizza restraunt though, i don't trust it

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

I love it here in Turkey but my business back home does not run itself so...

Vote:boudica
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Lets go together don't go to the pizza restraunt though, i don't trust it
    Yea, I'm not in the mood for pizza anyway. Gosh this place sure is pretty.

*snaps more photos*

Shame about that shooting, you don't think it's because some of us are Americans, eh? Dang terrorists are everywhere these days.
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 01-06-2009 at 23:29.

My kingdom for a .

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast