Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,105 of 1105

Thread: The Scourge of Ephesus [Concluded]

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: The Scourge of Ephesus (IN PLAY)

It's interesting to note that despite all my analysis, I was pretty much wrong in most of my conclusions and the few things I got right still weren't great. I correctly spotted that Sigurd had a role after he died, but incorrectly concluded it was a pro-town Manfredo, when in fact he was Bernard and Manfredo wasn't pro-town anyway. I correctly fingered CountArach, which actually did get him lynched, but then I reversed myself and fingered GH. The only thing that prevented this error from harming the town was that I posted it too late to make any difference in the vote. I then supported the lynch on Chaotix, but my info was only supporting stuff and the credit for the lynch goes to glyphz. I then focused on YLC and Ibn for the last two rounds, when both were townies, and disapproved of the lynch of boudica, despite it being accurate.

I'm thus pretty disappointed in my performance. I posted far too often based on spur-of-the-moment ideas and thus ended up changing my mind suddenly several times, most notably on GH. Despite my failures, I do believe that heavy analysis of write-ups, combined with known (or presumed) night actions, is a worthwhile technique, but my heavy efforts produced relatively little in comparison to moves based on instinct and posting style by other people.

This game has given me much to ponder. I shall think on it for some time.

Many thanks for hosting, Andres. It was an excellent game, as usual.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, excellent game Andres.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Good to know that my blocks at least majorly screwed you guys over in private, if not in public:

FWIW, boudica, here's what prompted my vote change:

Specifically, this line:

First of all, we hadn't brought up that line of discussion in a while, so it seemed weird that you were suddenly rehashing it. Secondly, you spelled Isabelle's name the long way. The right way. The past few times she had been brought up in the thread people (me and TinCow especially) kept referring to her erroneously as "Isabel". As soon as I saw this alternative spelling it made me think you had some extra contact with that role outside of the thread.

You're shaping up to be a very good player but we all have our little tells. It takes a lot of work to be able to get rid of them.
    Thanks GH. Using the poker analogy for 'tells' is very useful (I see mafia as essentially the same game but with text instead of betting and roles instead of cards) The combination of Poker and a little competitive role play spells out heaven to me.

I knew my post had tipped you off but didn't look hard at how, so thanks very much for tipping me off about the specifics, otherwise I might have been 'picking my nose' at the table for some time to come.
    Last edited by boudica; 01-28-2009 at 17:45.

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Reenk Roink - innocent tourist
    Huh

Good game glyphz, well done.

Thank you very much for hosting Andres, fantastic game.

I was not expecting that!

Congrats to Glyphz and thanks to Andres for hosting

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: The Scourge of Ephesus (Concluded)

Having trouble speaking....head keeps trying to slide back off.....

Nicely done, Andres! Very twisty and kept up the suspense until the end.

Glyphz stayed below my "radar" throughout. My only inklings agin "Isabelle" were right near the end, but I defaulted to my greater sense of worry about I-K. Sic transit mafia.

Glad I contributed to the removal of chaotix27, and I can see that my pressure on Boudica was prompted appropriately as well -- too bad I dismissed a positive role for her and assumed mafiosa.

Sigurd:

I never trust write-ups completely -- having written too many. Still, there was good informatio throughout. The key as always is separating the wheat from the chaff......
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Wow. Good game, everyone! It's too bad I wasn't able to kill you all...

Glyphz has shown himself to a very capable mafioso. We'll definitely have to watch out for him in subsequent games. As for myself, I believe I've been mafia at least as many times as I've been town, with no exaggeration. And then I usually get a role of some kind when I'm a townie, too. I must be either very lucky or hosts like to pick me for some reason...

EDIT: Game and Role List:

Mafia
    Spirit Mafia (khaan)
    Large Simpsons Mafia (ATPG)
    Resident Evil Mafia (YLC)
    Fillet Royale (Beefy)
    Golden Rule (ATPG)
    Scourge of Ephesus (Andres)

Town
    Starship Exodus- Captain (shlin)
    Nerds of the Round Table- Investigator (Motep)
    Kung Fu Mafia II- Pirate, technically mafia, but not really (Sasaki)
    Futurama Drama- Dead Investigator (ATPG)
    The Prometheus- Townie (CR)
    Family Guy Mafia- Townie w/ Lynch Defense (Ares)
    Chicago Soiree- Townie

There ya go. 6 times mafia, 7 times townie, or the other way around depending on how you count Kung Fu Mafia II.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 01-29-2009 at 02:25.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Poke ATPG

Good game lads. Congrats to glyphz... Mafia won again...

Thank you Andres

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Ahem...

glyphz
    was not the only winner in this game

BTW... where is the promised writeup Andres?
    Status Emeritus

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    I'd bet 1000 € on how glyphz is Bernard. Thinking that Boudica was Isabelle, she gave him her pistol, which apparently glyphz (Bernard) killed her and went off rather depressed. So lynch glyphz please. (I still believe GH is scum though.) I'd lynch one of them.
    I now have 2000 €.

Congrats glyphz. :P
    BLARGH!

I now have 2000 €.

Congrats glyphz. :P
    You better hand that money over to us (the mods). Kukri is having a retirement party and we need some cash to buy him a nice present.

As you may have noted, glyphz was not Bernard, hence you lost your wager.
    Status Emeritus

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    You better hand that money over to us (the mods). Kukri is having a retirement party and we need some cash to buy him a nice present.
    NEVER!

As you may have noted, glyphz was not Bernard, hence you lost your wager.
    At least I was the only one who publicly stated the obvious. A Mafia guy had been lynched and had clearly given the gun to glyphz, who was thus obviously scum as well. So, I'll hand 750 € back. I still win something.

Anyways, who was the athetic guy and the aggressive tourist?
    BLARGH!

Anyways, who was the athetic guy and the aggressive tourist?
    We are ALL WAITING FOR ANDRES' FINAL WRITEUP!!!!!
    To be continued ...
    Status Emeritus

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Thanks for hosting Andres!

Still confused about Reenk and ATPG's stuff when alive.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

I. THE ROLES

The Guide (GeneralHankerchief) (the only pro-town power role):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    The Guide

You are the guide, mentioned in the opening scene.

You have a perfect knowledge of the Ancient City of Ephesus.

Each night, you are allowed to protect two players. When you do so, you’ll hide them in the secret tunnel between the ancient library and the ancient brothel. When you protect a player, you’ll also block his/her actions for that night.

Each night, you have to pm me the names of the people you’re going to protect. Your pm has to reach me before the night ends.

Assination attempts on you might fail under certain circumstances.

Good luck!

Manfredo (boudica) (neutral - after killing Bernard would be a) recruitable by mafia; b) recruitable by Isabelle; c) option to remain neutral - only victory condition staying alive)

Manfredo

W00t ! You have a special role

You are Manfredo, a retired hitman.

After the events in Taormina, you kept working for the Carelli family. Just recently, you retired. You just bought a house in Kusadasi and this is the first time you visit something in Turkey.

You know Bernard is after you and you know that there is only one way to survive this : by killing him.

You have the ability to investigate two players each night. With your experience, you will always find out the role of the person you investigate. Once you have investigated Bernard, you can kill him.

Each night, you have to pm me the names of the players you wish to investigate. Your pm has to reach me before the night phase ends.

After Bernard’s death, I will offer you a choice.

Note 1 : As long as Bernard is alive, you are not allowed to share your investigation results, not even in public!
    Note 2: Your survival is critical. If you die, you lose the game.
    Note 3: Allthough you’re getting a bit old and rusty, you're not that easy to kill. Assassination attempts on you have a low succes rate, unless they happen under certain circumstances.

Good luck!

Andres.

Bernard & Isabelle (Sigurd & glyphz)

Bernard

You are Bernard, the Serial Killer.

You are here to kill Manfredo. Since he apparently disguised himself, you decided to kill each and everyone of the tourists.

Each night you have to kill 1 player. You have to pm me the name of your target and the kill method before the night ends.

Your partner in this game is Isabelle.

glyphz has the role of Isabelle.

Isabelle is allowed to investigate one player each night. If you attack a player previously investigated by Isabelle, you will have a 100 % succes rate. Attacks on targets that have not been investigated might have a lower succes rate.

Of course, your main target if Manfredo. Obviously, the game won’t end with the dead of Manfredo.

Once he’s dead, there will be some… interesting developpements

Good luck

Andres.
    Isabelle

You are Isabelle, Bernards’ niece.

You are a former CIA agent, but you got the sack after you murdered several innocent civilians for your own pleasure.

You will help your uncle with his revenge. You have the ability of investigating 1 player each night. If Bernard attacks a player who got previously investigated, the attack will be a guaranteed succes.

Once Manfredo has been killed by your uncle, the game won’t end. Instead, there will be some interesting developpements

Your partner is Bernard.

Sigurd has the role of Bernard.

Good luck

Andres.

Turkish mafia (Günner & Fehrad aka CountArach and Chaotix27)

Günner

Yes!

You are Günner, a member of the Turkish mafia family Cil.

Your partner is Chaotix27 aka Fehrad.

You know that one of the tourists has a package hidden in his body.

On uneven nights, you are allowed to kill two players. On even nights, you’ll investigate the bodies, in search for the package. You will also investigate the bodies killed by others, if there are any.

Once you found the package, you will have to kill all remaining players.

If one of you dies, the other one is allowed to kill two players on his own each night.

On uneven nights, you have to pm me the name of your respective targets and the kill method. Your pm has to reach me before the night ends. If one of you cannot send his pm in time because of RL, it is allowed to let your partner send your orders to me.

You win the game if you retrieve the package and kill all the other players.

Good luck!

A.
    Fehrad

Oh boy!

You are in the mafia !

You are Fehrad, a member of the Turkish mafia family Cil.

Your partner is CountArach aka Günner.

You know that one of the tourists has a package hidden in his body.

On uneven nights, you are allowed to kill two players. On even nights, you’ll investigate the bodies, in search for the package. You will also investigate the bodies killed by others, if there are any.

Once you found the package, you will have to kill all remaining players.

If one of you dies, the other one is allowed to kill two players on his own each night.

On uneven nights, you have to pm me the name of your respective targets and the kill method. Your pm has to reach me before the night ends. If one of you cannot send his pm in time because of RL, it is allowed to let your partner send your orders to me.

You win the game if you retrieve the package and kill all the other players.

Good luck!

A.

II. GAME MECHANICS - POSSIBLE TWISTS

a) The Recruitables.

There were five recruitable players in this game:

- By the Guide : White_Eyes:D & El Diablo -> if these players would have been selected by The Guide (who wasn't aware of the possibility of recruits), they would not have fallen asleep when listening to the stories of The Guide. Instead they would have been interested. The Guide would have been delighted with their attention and accept them as his students. They would then be able to protect and block one player each night.

- By Isabelle : TheFlax : if TheFlax ("John") would have been target of an investigation of Isabelle, the two would have fallen in love. As a result, Isabelle would have turned against her uncle and they would gain the ability to kill Bernard at night with a 50 % succes chance. A failed attack would reveal their identity to Bernard and he would in turn be able to kill one of them each night, with a 100 % succes chance. Whatever the outcome of the Isabelle-John vs. Bernard conflict, the winner would have gained the ability to either investigate two or kill two each night.

- By Turkish mafia : Rythmic and Tevashzat -> in fact, they could only have one recruit. The mafia were the diggers. They had to investigate the dead bodies for "the package". The package was on Rythmic and Tevashzat. If one of them would die, the mafia would found the package on his body and the other one would be recruited (i.e. : Tevashzat died; mafia investigated his body; recruit Rhythmic). With the recruit, they would be able to kill 2 each night, unless they would be down to one mafioso. Unfortunately, Rythmic got WoG'ed the day after he was recruited, so he was of no use to the mafia.

b) Manfredo

Once Bernard died, Manfredo became recruitable by a) mafia; b) Isabelle or c) neutral solo.

Manfredo joined Isabelle. Team Isabelle-Manfredo had possibility to a) attack two players; b) investigate three players together; c) kill one and investigate one. If one of them would die, the other one would have the ability to kill two each night, no more investigations.

Manfredo joining Isabelle triggered "The Ghost of Bernard". This was the only role/event that I invented during the course of the game. I felt that it would be wrong for Bernard to accept his niece teaming up with his nemesis. So, I informed Bernard of what had happened and gave him this role:

You wake up. It's dark. Something is covering you. It are rocks. You start panicking and you try to get out of there, only to notice that you indeed can get out of that place.

You look at the pile of rocks. You pick your head into the pile and you see what's left of your face. Your body is starting to rot already.

You start looking for Isabelle. Nobody sees you, and you can go through walls.

In the latrines you find your niece. You see how Manfredo is sneaking up on her, his gun in his hand. You scream at Isabelle, push her, try to get her attention and it seems to work!

At the last moment Isabelle jumps up, alerted.

She starts talking to Manfredo. They are making a pact! They say that they will work together! That evil Manfredo has bewitched your beloved niece!

He must die!

Manfredo must die!

Your anger can be heard as a whispering sound in the wind.

But you are weak. And Isabelle must stay alive! You know that if Manfredo dies, it will become very difficult for Isabelle to stay alive.

Curses! Curse the powers that have put you into this situation!

Ghost Bernard.

1) Abilities at night: you can haunt one player each night. This will do nothing to that player, you will just scare the out of him/her . Just pm me a terrifying, horrible story each night! If you haunt a player, you will also learn everything from his role. In addition, you'll recognise the other persons he interacts with that night. However, you're still not allowed to communicate in private. You can still communicate in private with glyphz though, but you cannot tell him anything about this pm, your new role and objectives nor the night results you'll get from me.
    2) During the day: do as you please. Let your voice be heard, try to move the tourists into the direction you want them to go! Forge, fabricate, lie, do what you want.
    3) OBJECTIVES: Manfredo must die; Isabelle must survive; all other players must die.

Good luck and have fun

Andres.

If Manfredo would have joined the mafia, the mafia would have had the ability to kill 2 each night, no matter how many members (one mafioso or Manfredo would be able to kill 2 each night)

Manfredo solo would have been a vigilante (ability to kill 1 each night), no more investigation ability and do as you please with the previous results.

c) Bernard & Isabelle

If both would have stayed alive after killing Manfredo, they would have a new objective: kill everybody left alive, with two kills each night.

However, after two nights, both would have received a pm stating that he didn't trust the other any longer. Their objective would have been changed to "Last man standing", i.e. your own team member must die as well. Attacks on each other would have had a 50 % succes rate.

More to follow later (on night and day phases).
    Last edited by Andres; 01-30-2009 at 00:10.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus.JC View Post
    Still confused about Reenk and ATPG's stuff when alive.
    Andres told me to ensure his game went above 1000 posts and had a strong Reenkness to it. I obliged.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congrats to Sigurd as well

My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Andres told me to ensure his game went above 1000 posts and had a strong Reenkness to it. I obliged.

But whyyyyyyy did you have to choose me?
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by TevashSzat View Post
    But whyyyyyyy did you have to choose me?
    Sorry. Here, have a get out of lynch free card. Use it wisely (PM me when you want me to be your bait).

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting game setup, Andres. Well done.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

The true story

of

Bernard the serial killer and Bernard the ghost

I think a writeup is in order. I have done this previously in a few older games when I played as Mafia.
    I spent a few hours planning this game as it went along. I guess my strength as a mafia player is the ability to play tactically. Not so much having a A to Z plan or a grand strategic plan.

Here goes:

Night 1.

My original PM:

Bernard

You are Bernard, the Serial Killer.

You are here to kill Manfredo. Since he apparently disguised himself, you decided to kill each and everyone of the tourists.

Each night you have to kill 1 player. You have to pm me the name of your target and the kill method before the night ends.

Your partner in this game is Isabelle.

glyphz has the role of Isabelle.

Isabelle is allowed to investigate one player each night. If you attack a player previously investigated by Isabelle, you will have a 100 % succes rate. Attacks on targets that have not been investigated might have a lower succes rate.

Of course, your main target if Manfredo. Obviously, the game won’t end with the dead of Manfredo.

Once he’s dead, there will be some… interesting developpements

Good luck

Andres.

The obligatory opening banter between host and player including the first Night order:
    Sigurd
    Sorry Andres, but apparently the org has been down all day. This is the first chance I have been able to log on and I haven't even read the game thread yet.
    When do you need the pm by?
    Andres
    Within 90 minutes.
    I don't intend to extend the round, since that might give people clues...
    If I were you, I'd just keep invisible mode on, refrain from posting at the Org and send in a kill
    P.S.: I'll accept orders for glyphz/Isabelle from you in case he doesn't manage to be online in time.
    Sigurd to glyphz
    Hi again,
    Apparently we have only 90 minutes before deadline.
    I suggest you investigate Askthepizzaguy first. I'd like to clear him out of the way in the initial round.
    I will refrain from posting anything here at the org before the deadline and possibly a while after too.

Who should I kill? hmm...
    Any suggestions?
    glyphz

I guess first night kills can either be the easiest or hardest decision.

The only things I can suggest:
    * to target someone who doesn't help in town discussions once killed/lynch.
    * not target someone who has a record of getting WoG-ed.

Anyway, I've sent my orders to target AtPG.
    Sigurd to Andres
    Darn...
    The first thing I did getting on here was to reply to a pm from pizzaguy.
    The cat is out of the bag in that regard.
    However, if glyphz does not send in his own orders, I would like him to investigate Askthepizzaguy.

The 100% kill will be: YLC
    Method if you accept such: Yakuza style. I want to revive my master with the blades from the old game.
    Andres
    Well, it's your choice, but since you're a crazy psychopathic wacko in this game, I was hoping for a bit more, eh, creativity...
    Sigurd
    Alright, maybe I will come up with something later in the game. I hope you are not wanting a signature kill this early [late]? I will have to blame the need to catch up, a lot to read and important decision makings in 90 minutes.
    Playing mafia is a hard life.
    Andres
    I'll give you a boring townie role next time, you spoiled little brat

N1 Results:
    Andres
    After you sharpened your blades, you decide to take a quick nap.
    You carefully hide your black clothes, put on a typical "tourist outfit" and go to sleep.
    An old man wakes you up. He wants to show you something, he says.
    He takes you to a secret hiding place and starts talking to you and another man. He tells you several stories. They are boring and you fall asleep.
    glyphz

Askthepizzaguy is a tourist.

My hunch is that you did not 'kill' Ares?

Post N1 Communication:

Sigurd
    Your hunch is correct.
    I thought I sent you a pm last night outlying my plans, but the pm was still in the making on a tab in Firefox when I returned to the computer this morning.
    Sorry about that. I sent orders to kill YLC.
    Obviously my ability is weak as it didn't even receive a failed attempt.

It could seem I was blocked by this old dude that made me forget about the kill I was to perform. I have company. Can this player block two? We should be careful not to kill next night if this is the case. I don't want to be outed as blocked on the night with few kills.

In the now canceled pm, I made a note of watching Askthepizzaguy, TinCow and Reeink Roink. Their conduct is of a sort to gain attention. Either they try to act as shields for any pro-town roles, or they play ballsy. The Reeinkmaister has an agenda, he has brought back his lists. To me this indicates wanting to survive as he will attack any that votes for him. Yoyoma is also making a point of being seen as a tourist with his role playing.
    Why I chose YLC last night was because he too wants to be seen as townie.

[Mentions something about Andres not being too random with the roles...]
    glyphz
    Gah! Getting blocked first night is really a bad coincidence...

But based on that, and what you just mentioned about the distribution of roles, I'll make 2 wild guesses...

Wild guess#1:
    If I were to pinpoint a specific player who would have a role, it would be Seamus.
    He was present in the first.
    (But killed the earliest, Andres might give him a chance to play a bigger role this time. Perhaps being in the 1st game, nets a higher chance of getting a role)
    He does moderate the Gameroom, with Andres and you.

Wild Guess#2: Who could have the old man blocker role?
    The one who chose to block you is one of the 'older' veteran Org mafia player.

Jolt made a strange vote against you last 'night.' Could be something...
    Or dead nothing...
    glyphz
    I must say, though it is tempting to investigate Reenk, the thought of getting rid of him is higher...

Then again, there's that possible suspicion of blocked N1, kill N2 case...
    Too bad I can't kill, even though my role says I'm an ex-CIA agent

Perhaps Reenk is sort of investigative role, and found TevashSzat a recruitable mafia

Do you have a plan in mind?
    Sigurd
    I think this game is progressing beautifully. The town has many suspects already and we are not one of them ...yet.
    It could be that RR is Manfredo. Another possibility is that he is the blocker and blocked me and Tevash last night. Remember the pm from Andres stated that I was with another listening to the boring lectures of the old man. Anyway, RR is a target, since we need to kill every single player to win.
    I don’t believe I will be able to survive until the endgame so If our “faction“ should have any winner chances, it will be your doing.

I think we need to exchange the PMs that we receive from Andres. I have lots of experience that one person’s interpretation is not enough when it comes to night results.

[List of suspects]

Ok we are from two generations of players, but you did a great job in Midgard II which might have garnered some rep with the hosts.
    So one old player and a relative new player is paired as Bernard and Juliette.
    If we keep this model in our mind, it is not unthinkable that Andres might have chosen similar constellations with the other roles.

[The rest of my reply is an analysis of all players in the game and the probability of them having roles ... I am not going to post it as it could "hurt" the feelings of some of them]

GH has complained several times that he never get to be mafia. Latest I remember is Midgard II. Andres could have been "nice" this time around.

I think that you should either investigate GH or RR next.
    I will hold off a kill this night to get alibi for night 1.

Night 2

N2 Orders:

A natural course of action would be to not kill this night due to the block last round. Hopefully this round would yield the same amount of murders.
    Sigurd
    I suspect that I was blocked last night...
    I will therefore take precautions and not try to perform a kill tonight.
    I would like however that you mention blades and crazy talk in the night writeup.

N2 Results:

Andres
    After your short performance that night, you went to sleep.
    Nothing happened.
    Andres via glyphz
    Reenk Roink is an innocent townie.

Post N2 communication:
    glyphz
    Then again, Reenk claims he was blocked.
    No kills this night, probably go against him though...
    Sigurd
    Townie, not a tourist as in your first PM...
    hmmmm... I don't know what to make of this.
    Deliberate inconsistency? or just sloppy hosting? I would assume the former.
    I believe Reenk might be convertible at some stage in the game.
    glyphz
    The inconsistency is more possible if Reenk was blocked, leading to a compromised investigation. (I don't think Reenk is lying about getting blocked, cause on a night where no one was killed, admitting that, is the same as digging one's grave ...if scum/mafia.)

Probably read something in the 1st game, regarding that if player A is blocked, any investigations that target player A (that same night) will also be blocked, resulting in player A 'looking' innocent, or a "bored townie."
    The N2 investigation, would then be inconclusive. Reenk having a role would still be a possibility...
    Sigurd
    You are probably on to something here. What do you think, should we whack RR in this round or should we go for ATPG?
    I think a 100% chance is what we should aim for. And we do need to kill everyone to win.

Also... My suggestion would be to either investigate GH or YLC next. But it is your call. If your gut tells you otherwise, go for it.
    glyphz
    RR would be a good choice. He has gained some members trust.
    Also, we cannot leave a possible 'investigative' role remain active.

Probably, the case against him is that he's still in the town's list of possible lynches.
    ANother case is other roles targeting RR.

I would like to try my hunch on investigating Seamus.
    The alternative:
    I'll investigate Reenk again, risk another round w/ his possible detective abilities, and next night a probable 100% kill rate.

What do you think?
    Sigurd
    I think I will go for RR... no need to investigate him again.
    Go for Seamus this round.

According to RR, YLC contacted him via pm and claimed a night role.
    Also... we have heard little from GH in this game.
    glyphz
    YLC has a role?!
    Is it true?

If so, a change of (my) orders is necessary
    Sigurd
    I do not know this, but RR posted a pm from YLC, where YLC said he could take care of him during night time. To me this indicate something more than townie. It might be a ruse to see what RR might say or do. YLC is someone I would want on the list of investigations.
    But go ahead and investigate Seamus first.

I need some more options next night for killing...

Night 3

N3 Orders:

It seemed as if Andres would let me get away with being creative with my kill descriptions in this game. This should be fun.
    Sigurd
    The night was cooler than usual and Reenk Roink took a stroll among the ruins to contemplate on the latest events. He backed up to pillar and lit a cigarette. "Ah this is a nice place. No wonder the ancients decided to build a city here".
    He gazed up on the stars and saw the constellation Hercules. But something was amiss. The star Sarin was not there and neither was Rasalgethi. He looked intently at the star field looking for the missing stars. A voice boomed: "So you finally noticed me".
    A shadowy figure jumped down from a pillar just below the constellation and approached him. "I guess you want to know if I have the package. I am sorry to say that for you I have something else of value". Reenk Roink asked perplexed, "And what might that be"?
    The man drew something from atop his left shoulder and before Reenk Roink could utter another word, he felt a sharing pain in his throat. He fell to the ground feeling tired and as his life force ebbed out from the gash in his throat, the shadow bent down and whispered in his ear, "Your life".
    Andres
    If sir doesn't mind, I would like to add some hysterical laughter.
    Sigurd
    Do what you must... it's your game after all.
    Though, if I have a real choice in the matter, I would keep it as it is ... without the laughter.
    Andres
    Hmmm...
    I'm in doubt. I'm starting to like the night intro's with the maniac laughing.
    Maybe I'll just keep the intro and let the kill be as it is.

*sigh*

Being God is difficult. All those options and possiblities...

N3 Results:
    The kill was successful and hopefully the town would accept the implied incrimination of Reenk Roink (Sorry M8)...
    Andres
    Kill Reenk Roink : succeeded!
    Andres via glyphz
    You walk to the spot were Seamus is sleeping.

Before you get there, you see somebody talking to him. They walk away. You try to follow them carefully, but all of the sudden it seems like both disappeared from the earth.

Investigation of Seamus : failed.

Post N3 communication:

glyphz
    A lot of developments compared to N2.

a)Was Seamus blocked or does he have a role, & perhaps immune to investigations?
    Either way, not a 100% kill rate...
    b) 3 kills;
    c)Couldn't tell if it was you who got Reenk...
    d)TheFlax's role is a woman?!
    Sigurd

This is going great,
    The town is in an uproar about the RR kill... That ATPG has entered with his strong opinions is even better. How will the town react when I kill him next?

As to the investigation of Seamus and contrasting it to RR's investigation, I am willing to believe that we stumbled upon a role.

[quote of the investigation result]

This is not like RR's investigation where you were just told he was a townie, even though he correctly described the block (old man preaching) in his posts.
    And I was able to kill him even if you received the effects of a player being blocked, but I realize that it says investigation failed on Seamus but nothing on RR's.
    All in all a good choice for a investigation.

GH is receiving flak from ATPG, and I must agree, GH does have an air of suspicion over him. Should we join the wagon and get him lynched? That would put us in the book of the lynch watchers with two good lynches. TevashSzat being the first.
    We shouldn't be careful to not vote on the same players, that is an additional indication that we are avoiding detection.
    glyphz
    OK. I'm holding my vote back 'til later to see who I can properly vote for (other than GH).
    It could still be safe for the both of us to vote on the same guy, but I probably shouldn't count on it.
    [at this point GH reveals his role]
    glyphz
    You were completely right about GH

Still... thwarted by him twice

Night 4

N4 Orders:

Sadly, my kill descriptions were getting too creative for Andres, and he made changes to them. You can compare these with the ones in the game thread and you will notice significant changes. Luckily I put on a rather thick coat of incrimination and Andres was not able to remove all of it. pizzaguy felt that the narration had incriminated him and therefore left the game. (Again: Sorry M8)
    Sigurd
    The moon was getting fuller every day. Askthepizzaguy was smugly contemplating the latest events here at Ephesus as he strolled along the path to the Temple of Artemis in the moonlight. “This is even going better than I first planned. Soon the old man will die and the package can be delivered as planned”. He chuckled a little and stopped dead when he realized that he had made a sound. Making sure that he was alone, he turned and continued towards the temple. “I wonder if John really did write his revelation here like they claim. This place just Reeinks of ancient ghosts”. He laughed out loud and stooped down when the sound echoed in the ruins. As he entered the temple, he went to the designated place and waited. “I hope they aren’t too late, I would hate to miss my favorite show”.

A dark shadow leaped down from the ruin wall a few feet from Askthepizzaguy. The shadow sneered: “So this is where you do your dirty business, Mafioso? My sword will liberate these tourists today”. The shadow stepped out in the moonlight and a black clad man with a silver scull embroidered on his chest, drew a sword from the top of his left shoulder. Before Askthepizzaguy could get out his silenced gun, the sharp edge of the sword had cut through his neck. He fell to the ground, strength gone from every limb. The man in black stood there looking at him, blood dripping from the tip of his sword. “The tourists have one less bad guy to worry over now”.
    The man in black with the silver scull listened to the rasping of a struggling breath that finally died out before wiping off his sword on his victim’s clothes. He replaced the sword in its scabbard and jumped back up on the ruin wall and disappeared into the night.
    -----------------

And no hysterical laughter, please...
    Andres
    Sorry, but I'll have to modify that story a bit here and there...
    Nice try though

N4 Results:
    Andres
    Before going out hunting, you picked up Isabelles' report on ATPG.
    Thanks to the details in that report, you know exactly where he will be that night.
    You're lucky to have read that report, the info in it made sure you got to ATPG first.
    After you killed him, you noticed a sound, like a running man coming near.
    You quickly jump on a ruin wall and hide behind a rock. The man hasn't seen you.
    You grin and sneak away unnoticed.

Kill ATPG : success.
    Andres via glyphz
    YLC is an innocent tourist.

Post N4 communication:

glyphz
    GG!
    It kind of looks like Atpg is recruitable mafia.
    Unsurprising if Andres was purposely giving roles out...
    Sigurd
    Hehe... you thought so too, eh?
    Here is the kill description I sent to Andres:

[the real kill description]

Andres changed it though:

[the pm from Andres]
    glyphz

Thinking about investigating GH... but also wondering whether I should continue to search for Manfredo.

Any thoughts?

Night 5

N5 Orders:

I had a hunch and opted to take the night off to see what new occurrences would transpire and take advantage off.
    Sigurd
    I am not going to kill tonight Andres...
    This killing business is tolling on an old body. I need the rest.

N5 Results:

My hunch was correct. GH blocked me again and since I did nothing, there would be no blocked narration by Andres. Andres, god bless his objectiveness, didn't like it at all. He lay down the rules for us. Also. glyphz were attacked this night by an unknown player.
    Andres
    That night, you take your last pill. You know what will happen now. You won't be able to silence the voices. You feel at your blade. It's razor sharp. You also touch the silenced gun in your pocket. It's loaded.

You sigh.

Blood will be spilt on the following nights...

Note : from now on, no more nights without attempting to kill someone. You are obliged to give me a name each night of a player you are going to kill. After all, you are a psychopathic serial killer...

Night 5 results:

He takes you to a secret hiding place and starts talking to you. He tells you several stories. They are boring and you fall asleep.
    Andres via glyphz
    Events:

You got attacked by a man tonight. You survived the attack but next time, you may be less lucky.

He looked a bit like Crocodile Dundee.

Note: you can only share the information about last nights' events with your partner, Sigurd Fafnesbane. You nor Sigurd are allowed to reveal this informatioin in public nor in private.

Investigation of seireikhaan : innocent townie.

Post N5 communication:

This was the round I was lynched. Again!!! Well, the game is not over until the fat lady sings. And I would take advantage of this. Never say dead!!!
    Isabelle got new powers when Bernard died and could now opt to kill in addition to the investigation ability. glyphz was pretty gloom about the situation and feared that last night's attempt on his life would blow up in his face. He wanted a ready defense should he be outed as a surviving bad guy.
    glyphz
    They drew first blood.
    Seem to be avoiding GH too.
    Sigurd
    Alrighty then...

It went as I thought. I couldn't stay alive any longer. The good thing is that I have a voice still. Even though they lynched me, I am considered a townie/tourist.
    I am going to use it for what it is worth.

As to your new abilities, I think you should investigate this night. One of those investigations should be GH... I had a thought last night about him possibly being Manfredo. All though the opening post in this game clearly states that Manfredo and the old man is separate; it states that Manfredo takes on a disguise. I am slapping my head that I didn't listen to you about investigating him.

Another thing that caught my eye was his pronouncement that he had forwarded his results to another player via PM, clearly breaking the rules. I asked Andres about it, and he could tell me that no rules were broken. I suspect that GH is either converted or have a companion. More reason to get rid of him sooner than later.

Also I understand that you can recruit this night… I suspect from what Andres wrote that it is Manfredo that might join you. This puts a hole in my theory that GH is Manfredo, or that he has already been converted.

I am going to play as a dead townie and will be a thorn in the side of the so called pro-town. I will do my best to steer suspicion away from you.
    You were however attacked; they might try again, but not this night as they will be digging.
    glyphz

I am awaiting death this turn, but your point about the mafia 'digging' every other round got me hoping.
    If i survive this night... What do you think of

TO reveal in public as a CIA agent(investigator).
    Edit role, ability (2 investigate or 1 kill, 1 investigate. Kills cannot be indescriminate, only after an investigation of target) and night results
    GHN1 investigates (Sigurd, Quintus)
    glyphzn1 investigate Sigurd-success(innocent) and Atpg (town but scummy - hints at being recruitable)

GN2 investigates TS, RR
    gn2 investigate RR-success (town but scummy - hints at being recruitable) and ?/GH (hints at blocking TS and RR, also in GH's reveal, he claimed he was being watched)

GN3 - Seamus, shlin
    gn3 investigate Seamus-failed (blocked); kills RR (success)

GN4 - Atpg, boudica
    gn4 investigate Jolt; kills Atpg (success)

GN5 - Sigurd, boudica
    gn5 investigate boudica(blocked); YLC (innocent)

GN6 - ?
    gn6 - no kills, investigates GH & ?
    "false gn6" - investigates seireikhaan & ?
    This is to gain towns trust, and hope GH protects me every other round when mafia are active.
    But I fear this plan may have a lot of holes. I want to ask your opinion (& later Andres') before I make a final decision.
    Sigurd
    Interesting Idea...
    I would however not reveal until the day phase of R6, if not later.

But first thing first... You need to write that persuasion letter to the candidate up for grabs.
    If you are successful and are able to recruit him/her, we can talk about the specifics.
    It would be advantageous to have another on our team. One who can take my place as killer, while you concentrate on finding those pesky Mafiosi.
    If you are lucky and find one, your reveal would be that much more believed.

Status Emeritus

Night 6

N6 Orders:
    I was killed and could therefore not do any night activity ... yet : )
    N6 Results:
    Andres via glyphz
    Night results Isabelle:

- You see GeneralHankerchief talking to two tourists. He looks old. He takes both tourists with him. You start to follow them, but all of the sudden, all three seem to disappear. You wonder how that could have happened.

- You then go looking for CA. You can't find him. While you're searching near the latrines, you hear a silent popping sound. You notice CA walking by, smoking a cigarette and putting away what seems to be a gun.

Andres.

Ok, it seems like there has been some confusion about the recruiting.

You have to write me an offer for an unknown person (I know who).

That person will also receive other offers. Your offer has to be the best.

Be creative, use all your imagination and hope that that person picks your team to join. Don't limit yourself to text, use a picture or two as well, to add some flavour.

You have until the end of this phase (36 hours) to send it to me through pm.

Next night, the person will decide on which team to join.
    Post N6 communication:

glyphz was lucky and stuck gold with his 2nd choice of investigation. He could now make a real but fake CIA investigator role which had positive results. There would be a reason for him to reveal, something that did not exist before.
    Also, glyphz had probably misunderstood the recruiting thing. Since I had been through this before in Tarmonia, I helped him along with a quite persuasive recruitment letter...

This was also the round where I got the Bernard the Ghost PM from Andres.

Another moment in this round was my mistake about seireikhaan. Somehow I had got it in my mind that he was Crocodile Dundee, even though glyphz repeatedly denied this. Again, why it is important that there are two sets of eyes reading result PMs.
    Sigurd
    Ah, this could not be more perfect...
    We now know who one of the mafia is. CountA as I voted for in one of the rounds is Mafia!!!

If you want me to write the offer, then I will be happy to do so. We now have leverage over the other team, since we know the identity of one of their members.
    Several options presents itself .

We can now kill GH if we need to.
    We can kill one of the mafia.
    We can go ahead with your reveal and give them a mafioso to prove it.
    We can persuade this new recruit to join us by mentioning that we know the identities of the other group.
    Sigurd
    I would also like to add that I suspect seireikhaan to be the other gun mafioso.
    His behaviour is classical scum... I have basically cleared him, and he probably thinks I am on his side against GH.
    If he is not lynched or if he is not our recruit, you should investigate him at one point.
    I hope the fact that you investigated CountA last night, you will be able to kill him first should he attack you again. I hope they think you are recruitable since they didn't try anything. The digging every night seems a flawed logic. Or they found whatever they were looking for.
    I wrote a suggestion for a recruiting letter. We should appear confident. No reason to not throw in a white lie here and there to intimidate them.
    To whom it may concern,

We have been informed that you have been given the option to join a mafia group. We would like you to join us in our soon to be victory. We are not the gun killers that have been rampaging Ephesus. That does not mean we have no teeth. We have used our time wisely and investigated. This strategy has resulted in us learning the identities of our opposing mafia. We face several options at this point and we would like you to be a part of them. Our investigations may have learned the identity of Manfredo who is also available for recruiting. It could be that you are him, but our game host has not informed us of whom you are.
    Our plan is to strike soon, taking out the other mafia group and possibly one or two pro town roles, such as the CIA agent who also investigates. We will then be able to control what goes on in the town.
    Our bet is that the soon to die mafia will kick up a roar. However, our position may appear pro-town to the tourists and as such we do not fear them. We have several cards up our sleeve yet.

Best Regards,
    The Shadow group.
    glyphz
    seireikhaan is innocent.

Regarding the recruit.
    I want to clarify something.
    So townies and tourists are recruitable, no?

And thanks for the 'offer.' I might just use it.
    Trying to write one, but I'll pass it to you 1st before sending it to Andres.
    glyphz
    I am hesitating to send the proposal until Iknow more about this recruitable person.

There is 1, no?

Could it be GH?
    Sigurd
    If we compare this game to the first, then there is only a few townies that can be recruited. And it varies when they are available for recruiting. I suspect that we will only be able to recruit once or twice during the game. But the good thing is, we will know when a player is recruited since the offer goes to all Mafia teams.
    We don't know who is recruited, but we will know that a recruiting happened.

If GH is Manfredo, then yes.

seireikhaan is Crocodile Dundee? Could be a some role... let's watch the write ups.
    glyphz

This night's order is to get rid of CountArach.

If possible, I would like the kill description to be very similar to Bernardo's (shadowy figure with a sword, aiming for the neck).
    Also, once CA is dead:
    The shadowy figure approaches the corpse, and kicks (what seemed like) a gun away from it.
    "One down."
    Sigurd
    Ok ... so we are dropping the CIA agent stuff?
    Good, I was looking at how possible it was for the town to believe you, should you survive after the reveal.
    I think this would be the best option. Let the town lynch GH after his survival this night.
    But what if GH blocks you? Do we have a plan if you are caught out?
    Could we use the CIA bluff on this?

Anyway, we should at least prepare the investigation list and possibly forge a CIA PM.
    I am thinking that we use your original investigations with a few modifications.
    But they need to be prepared before the night results are out.
    Take your original PM and change a few things here and there and send it to me for verification.
    glyphz
    Agreed. I'll start on it ASAP. Will report back.
    glyphz
    Originally Posted by Andres
    CIA Agent

You are an unnamed CIA agent, recently sent to investigate a lead on possible suspicious activity in the vicinity.

The current state of affairs forces you to fend for yourself. Your role is to search out and eliminate any threat you encounter while remaining hidden. You have the ability to investigate 1 player each night.

You also have the option to kill 1 player each night. However, this option is unlocked only after an investigation of your target has been made first.

You have to pm me your night orders before the night phase ends.

Once all mafia have been killed, the game won’t end. Instead, there will be some interesting developpements

Good luck

Andres.
    doesn't sound very convincing... + nothing about the sword. No name too. (hmm.. Francischelli, De Blasio, Shkreli, Espada, Fedora )
    Askthepizzaguy is innocent. However, you feel that there is more about him than meets the eye.

Andres.
    You found Reenk Roink resting against a wall. You moved closer, but realized that he was feinting sleep. You continued to observe, but nothing happened. He seems like a bored townie.

Andres.

Andres.
    Before going out hunting, you picked up your report on ATPG.

Thanks to the details in that report, you know exactly where he will be that night.

The info in it made sure you got to ATPG first.

You quickly jump on a ruin wall and hide behind a rock. The man hasn't seen you.

You sneak away unnoticed.

You see GeneralHankerchief talking to two tourists. He looks old. He takes both tourists with him. You start to follow them, but all of the sudden, all three seem to disappear. You wonder how that could have happened.

Andres.
    Events:
    You got attacked by a man tonight. You survived the attack but next time, you may be less lucky.

He looked a bit like Crocodile Dundee.

Note: You are not allowed to reveal this information in public nor in private.

Investigation of YLC : innocent townie.

Andres.
    Probably have to take out the bit about me being attacked
    Night results CIA Agent:

You go looking for CA. You can't find him. While you're searching near the latrines, you hear a silent popping sound. You notice CA walking by, smoking a cigarette and putting away what seems to be a gun.

Andres.
    Sigurd
    Here you go. Andres might change a few things here and there.
    It was yet another beautiful night at ancient Ephesus. CountArach strolled down the path to the Roman Celsus library while smoking a cigar. He was looking for someone. “That old fool should be around here somewhere”. As he neared the library, he took the cigar out of his mouth and planted the glow in his palm. No grimace betrayed the hurt he felt as the searing ash burnt slowly into his flesh before it died out. He put the cigar into his shirt pocket and moved silently towards the library. He could hear faint voices there. Someone was lecturing about the Asiatic Vespers and the slaughter of 80 000 Roman citizens in Asia Minor. CountArach smiled. “He is here”.
    He moved closer to the ruin and looked for a suitable advantage point. As he scanned the ruin walls, he noticed something faint on top of one of the pillars. His trained eyes strained but couldn’t really make out what he was looking at. A voice apparently darkened trough some voice scrambler boomed out. “So, you want to undo the old man? Well tonight is not your lucky night. You should have stuck to digging”. CountArach was stunned. This was not expected. He tried to reach for something stuck in the top of his pants, but a searing pain left him lame and he slumped to the ground.
    The shadow on top of the pillar had jumped and during mid-air drawn a razor sharp sword and cut through CountArach’s throat. The life was ebbing out but CountArach finally got the object out of his pants. The shadow moved close and kicked (what seemed like) a silenced gun away from CountArach’s limp hand. “Enjoy your after life Mafioso”. The shadow took out a small knife and chipped a new mark on the pommel of the sword. “Another down”. CountArach’s last view before oblivion was a black clad shadow with a silver scull embroidery, jumping lithe up on the ruin wall and disappearing into the night.
    Andres
    Ghost Bernard.

1) Abilities at night: you can haunt one player each night. This will do nothing to that player, you will just scare the out of him/her . Just pm me a terrifying, horrible story each night! If you haunt a player, you will also learn everything from his role. In addition, you'll recognize the other persons he interacts with that night. However, you're still not allowed to communicate in private. You can still communicate in private with glyphz though, but you cannot tell him anything about this pm, your new role and objectives nor the night results you'll get from me.
    2) During the day: do as you please. Let your voice be heard, try to move the tourists into the direction you want them to go! Forge, fabricate, lie, do what you want.
    3) OBJECTIVES: Manfredo must die; Isabelle must survive; all other players must die.

Good luck and have fun
    Sigurd
    Last minute addition to a fun game?
    All right... so I will win if Manfredo dies and Isabelle lives? But I can't manipulate players via PM?
    Andres
    Indeedy-deedily-do...

The haunting part is partially for my own entertainment
    Sigurd
    Hi there Andres,

Just give me a heads up if glyphz doesn't send in the recruitment letter.
    I have volunteered to help him write one, but he hasn't been on since I PM'ed him. I think we have the right leverage compared to the soon dead mafia.
    My instincts (combined with the rather successful investigation N6 ) tells me it is CountA and seireikhaan who plays the two gunmen.

Just a quick question though; If we get the recruit, will he have the same power that I had? or are we looking at a different constellation?
    From your comments, I suspect Manfredo is the one up for grabs.
    Andres
    Manfredo (aka boudica) has joined Isabelle (aka glyphz)!

After Bernard's (aka Sigurd) dead, there was no more reason for hostility between those two.

Specifics of the team Isabelle-Manfredo:

1) at night you can chose to a) investigate three players together; b) kill two players together ; c) have one of you kill one player and the other one investigating another player;
    2) attacks on players previously investigated will always succeed; however three persons have a small chance at survival if previously investigated (and a good chance of survival if not previously investigated).
    3) you are allowed to share all your investigation results in private with your team mates and/or in public. No sharing of/hinting at investigation results in private vis-à-vis other players!
    4) Survival is critical! If one of you dies, it will get very, very difficult for the remaining player to stay alive.

Good luck
    Sigurd
    All right team... we have the town by the balls.

Our efforts are bearing fruit. The town believes I was Manfredo due to TinCow's brilliant analysis... (hehe).
    There is room for glyphz' CIA reveal as the town are looking for a detective. They seem to have forgotten about Bernard and Isabelle. I think we shall retire our shadow killer and focus on creating two new characters. I think we shall put Bernard and Isabelle on the stage as the new mafia.

boudica will continue as the tourist that everyone think she is, and glyphz will soon reveal his fake role as the detective.
    I am a little worried that CIA will be connected to Isabelle. Maybe another agency or some European one. Hey... why not Mossad or something?
    I have hinted already in the thread that we want to lynch CountArach. If glyphz plays his cards right and names CountArach as one of the mafioso, he might survive a few nights. The problem is, why wouldn't Bernard and Isabelle kill glyphz the following night?
    Andres says: a small chance at survival if previously investigated. And we did investigate CA before trying to take him out.
    Do you think that there is some mechanism that allows for one free survival if attacked?
    We might need to let boudica play the agent since she (assuming she is a she based on her avatar) has not been attacked yet.

What say ye?

Sorry about the recruiting letter we sent you boudica... some of it was outright lies.
    Sigurd
    Originally Posted by glyphz
    Greetings!

Must say I'm very amused that TinCow comes up acknowledges you, but even more, that he suddenly goes on asking for a lynch CountArach. Might you have a hand on it? (you did post something, that you edited right away)
    Hehe... I did not name CA's name. I did however allude to the fact that I would have lynched one of those I previously voted. That's it. I later edited it out to strengthen my "townieness".
    Anyway, I voted for CA hoping to see him lynched. Best to delay the use of my kill ability and exposing another killer's presence to town. That way next night me and boudica can do the maximum 3 investigations.
    ok... a sound plan. CA needs to be lynched to weaken the other mafia group.
    This way, our group have a greater chance to survive. No doubt you (glyphz) will be targeted soon. You were targeted by seireikhaan a few nights ago (Crocodile Dundee), but I think you might be next on the mafia hit list. Especially since you just got blocked/protected by GH.
    Manfredo's activity
    N1: Reenk Roink and Yoyoma1910 : innocent tourists
    N2: GH and El Diablo: 1) GH: the guide; 2) El Diablo: "a recruitable"
    N3: 'khaan and YLC : innocent tourists
    N4: blocked
    N5: blocked
    N6 : no orders.

Cheers,
    El Diablo getting murdered saves us a kill.
    Andres gave me authority to make an order for boudica before the deadline. I picked Beefy (innocent), but that was before I found out he was blocked by GH recently
    Soo ... boudica's hit was foiled by the mafia?
    I need to gather our information into a spread sheet. I should have done this a long time ago. I will get back to you guys when I have an overview.
    More on Andres' method, Seamus does seem to have a role (no clue what though, but he and GH seemed to have hooked up privately much earlier).
    I doubt Seamus has a role... I have been thinking about this. Seamus have some RL stuff going on right now, and I doubt Andres would have added to the strain by providing him a role. He needs to be removed though sooner or later.
    Now here's something I picked up. Caius.
    Originally Posted by Caius
    Lets make the return of the Bald!

IN!
    He has only 7 posts and surprisingly 1 vote (and very early on too). That's 4+ missed votes and yet not WoG-ed. Could be a simple slip by Andres.
    But Andres may have given him a role since it's his return game.
    I might use my townie status and pursue this clue. He could be the last Mafioso.
    He goes next round after CA.
    Also, there's that evil presence and that thing with the statues of Artemis. There cant be ghosts/demons in this game, no?
    Yes it worries me too, but it could just be Andres adding a few things for entertainment value.
    boudica
    Heh - you shameless liars
    OK - for what it's worth I'm on board. My appalling online time over the last week has me barely flying under the radar, but I'll do my best. I hope you don't mind if I follow your leaqd at this stage as you have been far more active in the game than I have.
    Sigurd to Andres
    Andres,

Argh!!! you traitor

I had the town dancing in my palm and you had to give response to TinCow... a dead player via PM!!! What happened to no communication outside the thread about the game...
    Of course I didn't do anything illegal. Why not give him a : no comment answer.
    That's what I would have done if I was hosting...

Alright... I will have to find another way to take out CountArach. But I
    must say, you are not making it easy for me.
    Andres
    Eh, you're communicating with me now, aren't you? I'm not a player.

"No comment" could have be interpreted wrongfully as well, TC sincerely believed you were pro-town

How about you put this in the thread:
    Originally Posted by Sigurd
    Andres, I posted this in the thread:

*** post before you deleted it ***
    I edited it out, but I'm afraid other players saw it as well. If I ruined your game by breaking your rules, then please, accept my apology

Sigurd.
    Hey Sigurd,

You didn't violate any rule.

Andres.

P.S.: feel free to quote this in the thread.
    Andres.

P.S.: and you can of course add that TC does not have the "feel free to quote this" line in his 'supposed response'.

Night 7

N7 Orders:

New opportunities presents itself and as before, I started out easy. The Ghost of Bernard was going to find out if Seamus had a role.
    Sigurd
    All right, here is the first vicitim:
    A sudden forecast at Ephesus had darkened the moon and the star constellations making the ancient city dark as the tomb of Saint John. Seamus had felt uneasy all day as if something evil was brewing in the general area of the ruin city, and had taken to wander amongst the ancient attractions. He finally found himself at the tomb of Saint John. Seamus had since childhood been sensitive to spiritual things and he finally found some peace here at the grave of the apostle. The clouds dispersed briefly and the moonlight bathed the tomb area in an eerie light. A sudden fright pricked the heart of Seamus as he saw the resemblance of a faint being leaning at one of the pillars. The moon was swallowed by the clouds again and Seamus felt the hair on his neck stand out. He croaked: “W..wh..o are y..you?” The darkness surrounding him gave no answer and the peaceful feeling he had had was replaced by a heavy sense of hatred. The darkness closed around him and he felt as if the darkness wanted to crush him. “What do you want with me?” he screamed to the darkness. It was but a faint croak that slipped past his lips which somehow felt frozen. Yes…. The temperature had fallen and he was shivering. Then something slapped against his face. At first just a faint physical stroke as if a feather was pulled across his face, then harder and harder until it bloodied his nose.
    He still couldn’t hear anything. Even the night creatures were silent. Then a faint sound came from nowhere in particular. It grew louder and louder until he could clearly hear that it was laughter. The laugher was wild and unrestrained like a madman’s. When it finally stopped, a voice boomed out: “Thank you Seamus, you have helped me. Your clairvoyance has focused my strength and I am now ready to enter the world of the living once more. There are just a few more things I would like to try out”. A piercing pain gripped around Seamus’ heart and he slumped to the ground in agony. The pain was unbearable and he was about to surrender his soul to the grave when suddenly it passed, leaving him panting on the marble that gave floor to the tomb. The moon cleared the sky again and Seamus could see a clear outline of a man standing above him. The face was terrible to look at and the smile of the creature was twisted and it gnashed its teeth when it talked. “I have a mission, dear Seamus and I must leave you be. Talk of this to no-one, or I will be forced to come and see you again”. The eyes of the being started to glow in an eerie reddish color. And when the moon went behind the clouds, only the red eyes were visible in the darkness. The evil presence disappeared when the eyes blinked out and Seamus was left lying next to the tomb stone which read: ST. JEAN IN MEZARI. What was that being and what would befall the tourists here at Ephesus?”
    N7 Results:

I don't know how many times GH got investigated, but I suspect that he was the most "haunted"
    man in the game. : )
    Andres
    You left Seamus in agony. Your supernatural powers made it clear to you that he's just an innocent tourist.

You kept watching the terrified Seamus and you noticed GeneralHankerchief aka "The Guide" taking him away, into safety.
    Post N7 communication:

I had to gather our intelligence to get an overview of the game. It appeared that only three players were unknown to us. The victory was within reach. Our informed minority would have a complete picture. Information is power in any mafia game.

Sigurd
    Ok I have collected the evidence we have gathered (feel free to address anything you see might be wrong or incomplete).

Night 1.

Isabelle investigates ATPG:
    Askthepizzaguy is an innocent tourist.

Bernard targets YLC:
    After you sharpened your blades, you decide to take a quick nap.
    You carefully hide your black clothes, put on a typical "tourist outfit" and go to sleep.
    He takes you to a secret hiding place and starts talking to you and another man. He tells you several stories. They are boring and you fall asleep.

Manfredo investigates Reenk Roink and Yoyoma1910 :
    Innocent tourists

Night 2.

Isabelle investigates Reenk Roink:
    Reenk Roink is an innocent townie.

Bernard targets no-one:
    After your short performance that night, you went to sleep.
    Nothing happened.

Manfredo investigates: GH and El Diablo:
    1) GH: the guide;
    2) El Diablo: "a recruitable"

Night 3.

Isabelle investigates Seamus:
    You walk to the spot were Seamus is sleeping.
    Before you get there, you see somebody talking to him. They walk away. You try to follow them carefully, but all of the sudden it seems like both disappeared from the earth.
    Investigation of Seamus : failed.

Bernard targets Reenk Roink:

Manfredo investigates: 'khaan and YLC :
    Innocent tourists

Night 4.

Isabelle investigates YLC:
    YLC is an innocent tourist.

Bernard targets ATPG:
    Before going out hunting, you picked up Isabelles' report on ATPG.
    You're lucky to have read that report, the info in it made sure you got to ATPG first.
    You grin and sneak away unnoticed.

Manfredo investigates ??:
    *blocked*

Night 5.

Isabelle investigates seireikhaan:
    He looked a bit like Crocodile Dundee
    Investigation of seireikhaan : innocent townie.

Bernard targets no-one:
    He takes you to a secret hiding place and starts talking to you. He tells you several stories. They are boring and you fall asleep..

*blocked*

Night 6.

Isabelle investigates GH and CountArach:
    - You see GeneralHankerchief talking to two tourists. He looks old. He takes both tourists with him. You start to follow them, but all of the sudden, all three seem to disappear. You wonder how that could have happened.

- You then go looking for CA. You can't find him. While you're searching near the latrines, you hear a silent popping sound. You notice CA walking by, smoking a cigarette and putting away what seems to be a gun.

Manfredo investigates no-one:

Night 7.

Isabelle targets CountArach:
    *blocked*

Manfredo investigates Beefy?:
    Innocent?

Night 8.

Isabelle investigates ??:

Compare these results to the current alive list:

boudica - Manfredo
    GeneralHankerchief - The Guide
    187Beefyz - innocent?
    Chaotix27 - ??
    YLC - Innocent
    Yoyoma1910 - Innocent
    Ibn-Khaldun - ??
    Lord Winter - ??
    Glyphz - Isabelle
    Seamus Fermanagh - (strong feeling he is innocent, but fair enough) ?

In your new role pm, Andres mentions that three players might be difficult to kill even if they have been investigated. To me that speaks of Mafia + guide. Let's say there are now only two left. But we don't know that GH needs to be investigated before killed. And then we have Crocodile Dundee that I mistakenly thought was seireikhaan. This unknown character is still out there. I am suspecting the other mafia + Dundee as the two which is difficult to kill.
    The ghost I wouldn't worry too much about.

If you want to investigate to night, I would go for the double question marks.
    glyphz
    Many thanks Sigurd
    Your choices for investigation this night are indeed the most logical ones. Might as well leave Seamus alone for now, but that 'evil' presence that visited him, has me worried. All factions will be keeping a wary eye on this astonishing development

I await word from boudica before sending the orders, in case she has suggestions.

Night 8

N8 Orders:

This was not my lucky day. I had spent too much time on writing the haunting and PMed it to Andres too late. He had already posted the narration. I was a little angry, but calmed quickly. Just a minor setback and postponing.
    Sigurd
    Hi there Andres...

My writeup for tonight:
    The wind was blowing in the ancient city of Ephesus. The wind was an old friend to the city and they had been companions for centuries. Ancient gnarled trees, bent over by decades of exposure to the natural forces, moved with creaking noises in the ruins. GeneralHankerchief was moving along toward the library accompanied by what appeared to be two tourists.
    They were heading to the well known passage between the library and the ancient brothel. GeneralHankerchief was wary as he walked; looking up and down the path to see if anyone was following or watching them.
    They finally reached their destination point, and to any that might spy on them, they simply vanished.
    In the tunnels below, the general started explaining about how Alexander the great was greeted after his victory over the tyrant Syrpax. His audience seemed tired and was soon oblivious to whatever story the old man was telling next. When GeneralHankerchief saw that his audience was sound asleep, he stopped and grinned. Finally, the stories were after all boring for him as well. He was about to walk towards the exit, when suddenly a pain shot through his heart. He slumped down and felt as the world came crashing down. “No! Not now, I can’t be having a heart attack, my work isn’t finished yet”. The pain disappeared as fast as it came, and the old man was able to get up from the stone floor. A faint laughter was heard in the tunnel and the old man’s heart started beating faster. He looked up and down the dim tunnel but saw no-one. This was getting creepy. He’d better get going. The people he was going to meet might not be as patient as last time. A sudden cold enveloped GeneralHankerchief and he started shivering. What on earth was going on? The light from the small light bulbs along the length of the tunnel dimmed and was extinguished. In the dark he heard a maniacal laughter. He was getting really nervous now. A pair of glowing red eyes appeared a few feet from GeneralHankerchief's faceand an inhuman voice boomed: “Hello old friend, I hear you are telling stories about me.” The old man slumped to his knees and turned his eyes away from the red glowing eyes hanging in the air. Despair washed over him and the mere presence of this creature, gave him immense fright. “I shall not undo you, old friend. I have a task for you”. The booming voice changed to a whisper that appeared to be inches from his ear. “Get rid of the woman”. The booming voice echoed in the tunnel: “Do as I tell you and the tourists will survive. Do nothing and the forces that besiege my city will prevail”.
    As sudden as the creature appeared it was gone leaving GeneralHankerchief crouching on the floor in a fetus position.
    N8 Results:
    Andres
    Sorry, too late
    Post N8 communication:
    glyphz

Greetings Andres

Tentative orders (since I haven't heard from boudica yet) for both Isabelle-Manfredo are:

Investigate Chaotix27, Ibn-Khaldun, Lord Winter
    Ibn-Khaldun and Lord Winter : innocent townies.

Chaotix27: You see Chaotix27 walking around in Ephesus. He walks to a dancing and strangely walking figure. It's Yoyoma1910. They have a short conversation and you see how Chaotix27 draws a gun and shoots Yoyoma1910. When he turns around, you see a glimpse of his face and you notice that it's Fehrad, a notorious Turkish mafioso.

Alright.
    We've found our last mafia. Now the dirty work begins.

If what happened in the past 'day' continues, the town will have GH's head.
    We should then take out Chaotix next, and another townie.
    Might be a good idea to disguise our kills with handgun (w/ silencer), as me and boudica are 'proven' not to be mafia. The town should leave us alone then.

To our bloody business.
    glyphz
    Originally Posted by boudica

Urg - just remembered that I was instructed not to share any of my investigation results with anyone - private or public - obviously - but I'm hoping that didn't apply to my new partner. Anyway, looks like Chaotix is about to get lynched so let me know what's what on who we whack 'tonight' (I'm assuming we kill 2, but REALLY need to check my new role pm again )

Anyways - looks like we're doing ok

x

B
    Greetings !

It's ok that we share information (same way me and Sigurd have), since we're teamed up now.
    Things shouldn't get too tricky here as we have investigated pretty much everyone (except Seamus), so kills should be 100% even if GH tried to protect him/her.

Let's discuss who we should target.

We should aim for 2 kills.

I'm thinking of framing GH, Ibn, or YLC, by disguising our kills as how CountArach & Chaotix27 did theirs(bless their souls).

I'm trying to guess who GH will protect 'tonight' and kill at least 1.
    Hopefully, the confusion will turn the town against him, and maybe sway some votes his way.
    I've pointed at Ibn-K and LW in the thread, but can't say if GH will bite.

YLC should be left alone, esp. if we succeed getting 2 kills. Suspicion will go his way.
    GH can be a target, only IF town still distrust him.
    Seamus... I do not know the odds of killing him, should we risk it?

Beefy, LW, or Ibn (if we decide not to frame him) are fair game.

Your thoughts?
    Sigurd
    You are both doing well.

glyphz has skilfully set up Ibn and Lord Winter as the next lynch candidates.
    My guess is that GH will block both of them to night. Just read his post about numbers...

If there are no kills next, one of them will be lynched for sure. Both of you seem to be trusted. If there is an incident, YLC will get the blame.

My advice, If I were to decide, would be to investigate tonight. At least investigate Seamus so he will be killable next night. You never know, it could be he has some role anyway.
    The risk is of course that he blocks both of you. My instincts tells me he will not.
    glyphz
    Based on investigations, how's this plan of attack
    N9
    Priority order: Investigate Seamus (Isabelle preferably)

Secondary order (Cancelled if 1 of us is blocked): Kill Beefy (Manfredo disguised as mafia w/ gun + silencer)

D9
    Either Ibn-K, LW, or YLC should be lynched

7 or 6 left
    --------------------
    D10
    Priority order: Kill GH (Manfredo - disguised as mafia again)

Secondary order:
    a) if hit on GH failed, kill GH (Isabelle)
    b) if hit on GH suceeded, kill Seamus

D9
    Hopefully whoever remains of Ibn-K, LW, or YLC

5 left N11
    4 left Game Finished
    Sigurd
    Sorry about my late reply...
    I think you are on the ball there.
    If GH does block Ibn and LW and there is one kill, then YLC will get the blame.
    Think you can take the chance that it will be so. Let's work from this.
    I haven't had time to write any kill stories. Either you do them or let Andres write them. Make sure he understand that you will use silenced guns in the report. Also... a cigarette wouldn't be discouraged.
    glyphz
    If I follow my first proposition, (investigate Seamus, kill Beefy), a cigar rather than a cigarette would frame YLC.

But it's also making me think that this would be the perfect opportunity to 'off' GH, while he's not paying attention to us. I wonder then if town proceeds against Ibn-K and LW.
    With GH playing his 'one-time only trump card of innocence,' what do you think is the likelihood that town lynches him?
    Sigurd
    I would let GH live just one more day... to see if the town will crack and lynch him. He has never been lynched with a pro-town role. I am not saying it is a priority to break this streak. I am just saying, let the town have one more chance.
    I would get rid of him next though, should he survive one more day.

Let's see if the schizophrenic theory gain roots.

glyphz

Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief

Hi glyphz,

Tonight I'm sending you a copy of my protections because I think there might be an attack on me. Usually I send them to Seamus, but just in case he's been compromised by that supernatural thing he may lie in the thread. If I die and he tells us that I planned to protect anybody other than Lord Winter and Ibn-Khaldun, quote this bad boy and let everybody know that Seamus is lying.

In a sense, you're my backup to my backup. Hopefully you won't be needed, but... just in case, you know?

GH
    If now's the time to switch my kill from Beefy to Lord Winter, to frame GH, now's the time to tell me.
    Sigurd
    Do it... It might backfire as he will say: I told only one about this.
    But I believe we can easily quell it.
    Sigurd
    BTW.. Nice to see that he is predictable.

However... It could be a ruse. But he is alone and need more allies. I think he genuinely thinks you are townie.
    Let's see how it plays out.

Night 9

N9 Orders:
    Same as last night.
    Andres put the brakes on for this haunting. I wanted to get GH lynched this round and wanted a think layer of incrimination on him. Sadly Andres changed it considerably. : (
    I wanted the town to think about boudica. Did it work, I wonder?
    N9 Results:
    Andres
    You left GeneralHankerchief in agony. Your supernatural powers made it clear to you that he is "The Guide", an old man who knows the ancient site of Ephesus by heart. You learned that each night, he takes two tourists with them and hides thim in a secret corridor, protecting and blocking them.

You noticed how GeneralHankerchief took two innocent tourists, Lord Winter and Ibn-KhaldunGeneralHankerchief stayed with them, watching over them during the night. He looked very, very tired.

with him and how he told them boring stories. They fell asleep and
    Post N9 communication:

boudica was lynched and one of my victory conditions was complete (Sorry).
    glyphz
    Greetings!

Last night's results:
    Seamus : innocent tourist
    Kill Beefy187 : success!

Andres.
    According to the investigations, GH is the only living power role left.

Which still leaves the 'ghost.'
    I asked Andres if it were Isabelle, but he wouldn't give me a straight answer.
    After rereading the last write-up, I have this nagging feeling that it's Andres who's the ghost, or else how would it know that Isabelle is still alive. I don't think we should tell town this, or at least, not yet.

--------

Oh, and congratulations in winning Chicago Soiree!

it's on the house
    Sigurd
    Heh... Well it could be a possibility that Andres is having some fun. RR however, has not denied our veiled accusations. But knowing him, he will act as if he were the creature even though he is not. I'll play along as if he were ... for now.

I think boudica could be the first to win three parallel games as Mafia, which I believe is a new record. *crossing fingers*
    glyphz
    Originally Posted by boudica
    Isabelle looked at the dead body of Manfredo.

She felt some regret, because she was starting to like the old assassin.

But why did he have to ask her explicitly to end her life? Isabelle was a bit worried about what would happen the next day because of this.

Oh well, she still had some tricks in her sleeve...

Manfredo died.

Isabelle has only one night ability from now on: kill two players each night.

Good luck. You may need supernatural intervention to win this one...

Andres.
    Sorry I didn't do a better job with Manfredo Andres, I would have loved to have won it with him. Good luck G - you gonna need it. x
    B
    My apologies too, for not being able to do more this 'day'... and for only realizing now that there should not have been a kill made last 'night'
    This marks the 2nd time we lost a member to a coin flip. Gah!

Onwards then.
    Sigurd
    Sorry to see you go boudica.. You could have made history by winning 3 parallel games.
    Well... you still might

So GH is blocking YLC and Ibn tonight. Can we trust he will do so?
    We are facing a dilemma...

There are 6 players left and we need to get rid of 4 of them.
    We have to think of who would not lynch glyphz at this point. I am torn between killing two or one. The goal would obviously be to lynch YLC next. But we need to remove the right players to do this.
    Obviously GH needs to fail tonight. He should be priority 1.
    Seamus is a dangerous analyst, He is on par with Kommodus' Holms software. But If we get rid of him it would seem like a retaliation against boudica's killers. glyphz might get the axe.

Would the trio of Ibn, Lord Winter and Seamus vote YLC? If I help press the issue in the thread?
    If Andres would allow us to chose weapons, I would go for one kill on GH tonight. With a 44 Magnum. That would be the last nail in the coffin for YLC.
    3 players left, all of which have been investigated. Easy win.
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Lord Winter
    Seamus Fermanagh
    glyphz
    Andres does not allow changes to style of killing. Tried to do so against Beefy, but still got the magnum kill.
    Then again... never saw Isabelle kill yet.

At the moment, I'm looking at not sending any kill orders this night, and maybe the next. Something that should have happened back in N8, where no kills would mean instant lynch to Ibn.

Your thoughts?
    Sigurd
    I have asked Andres about choosing weapons. If we are allowed to chose, and he says: But not the Magnum 44 ... I am thinking we need to choose another caliber 44 weapon.
    Now there are not many out there, but they can be found.
    Take the Rossi Model 720. It has a 5 shot barrel. Now if we construct the writeup in such a way that GH was hit by a 44 round, but do not describe the weapon, I think it might work.
    You will be in the clear and YLC would be lynched. This could also work if you take out Seamus in stead of GH. Same description is necessary for it to work. TinCow will lend his advice and GH will follow suit with a vote. glyphz following up with the his previous vote will not attract suspicion. If one of the other survivors Ibn and LW vote YLC, then you are in the clear and secure a win... Hopefully. Depends on your success against GH should he choose to block you.
    I am more inclined to take out GH tonight as he is not blocking you.
    Maybe you will get supernatural help?

I need to think this over again...
    The best solution would be to not kill, but remember Andres' message the last time we opted for no kills. He said: no more. Since you no longer can investigate we might have to send in a kill order.
    Sigurd
    Sorry...

I hadn't read the thread before replying to your PM.
    It appears that the cat is out of its sack... the 44 belonged to boudica and we can't use it to frame YLC. Damned writeup.

Yet.. you noticed something interesting. Did Andres mess up or was it intentional?
    Why wasn't YLC the other candidate? Do we have yet another role? Nah.. your results showed only townies (tourists) for the remainder of the players.
    Hence, the supernatural being must be a former and now deceased player. Which means, its actions really does not have any impact. Just a ghost able to scare.
    But the question is unanswered. Let's see what the other players think.
    I might throw out the fishy line again to stir up the town.

To you defense glyphz, you tried to save boudica by placing the vote on YLC and that was why you were narrated in the thread. But it said you dropped the weapon, implying that you have none.
    glyphz
    Anyway, I also just read Andres' post about the YLC-Ibn write-up mix-up. I wish hekept things as is. There goes my last lifeline...

I'm off to sleep, hoping to wake up and find out that the past 24 hours were a mere nightmare
    Sigurd
    I might be able to give you an alibi tonight .
    We'll see...

Prepare a writeup with two kills using silenced guns. I'll help you if you need any.
    Let's see if we can get the ghost to visit you tonight.

Last edited by Sigurd; 02-11-2009 at 16:50.
    Status Emeritus

Night 10

N10 Orders:

The last round. I knew that my haunting didn't have any effect on the game as such, but the other players did not know. glyphz needed an alibi and I could provide it by visiting him as Bernard the ghost. I was instructed to not reveal my ghost role to anyone and kept it. I doubt glyphz realised I was the ghost until after the game was over.
    Andres did not want to give me a too easy win by narrating glyphz as a he. I had to rewrite it and he even suggested a version. The one under was the original and the best IMO.
    Sigurd
    The moon was out and gave an eerie light to the ruins of the old city.
    A gust of cold wind whistled in the ancient theatre and moved on to the temple of Hadrian and unto the gate of Augustus as if searching for something.
    It whined and sighed through the Roman library and went on to the Gladiator graveyard.
    It search there but found nothing. At the fountain of Pollio it finally found its mark. The wind dispersed but darkness gathered. The darkness entombed the fountain and a sudden frost appeared on the still water in the fountain. The man sitting alone with his back up against the fountain noticed the frost on his breath and wondered about it. As if he came to his senses he jerked upright and leaped to his feet. He had not noticed the pressing darkness that surrounded him but the sudden cold had made him realize that something was not right. The darkness folded in on him and he nearly panicked. “What is this?” he cried out. A sudden and unbearable pain attacked his chest. It was as if someone squeezed his heart and made it stop beating. He fell to the ground and could not get up. Powerless he crocked: “P.. please, I beg you. D…d..don’t kill me.” The pain did not stop and he felt his life coming to an end. As he was about to surrender to death, the pain stopped. His life blood was again pumping strength to his limbs. Laughter boomed in the darkness and a pair of blood colored eyes appeared in the darkness. A voice uttered: “The town is not free, two still remain. The old man must live, so must his apprentice”.
    The darkness dispersed with those last words and glyphz was left scared, very scared. He couldn’t move a muscle.
    N10 Results:

glyphz survived and Ibn got the noose. A victory was sure...
    Post N10 communication:
    Sigurd
    Hi glyphz,

That went rather well.
    Just stay alive I will return tomorrow.
    glyphz

So far, so good, I guess...
    Victory!!!!!

A well executed game if I should say it myself. One more notch on my mafia winning stick and a possible new record. 3 wins in 3 concurrent games. Has it been done before?
    Andres
    Congratulations guys!
    Now, I'd like to ask you to stay calm and not announce your victory yet in the thread. Let them guess for another day
    Making a confusing post like "huh? Another night phase?" is of course encouraged
    I had an ending in mind, consisting of two parts: a) Bernard's ghost welcoming Manfredo in hell; b) Isabelle enjoying life on a sunny beach, surrounded by handsome men, but also a bit hysterical laughter or some other psychopathic stuff.
    I'd like to post that ending tomorrow (within +/- 22 hours from this pm).
    Since you won, you can have some input in the final write-up.
    I'd like to ask you if you want to
    a) do the write-up entirely yourselves (and pm it to so that I can post it tomorrow),
    b) give me some suggestions or elements that must be in it and I work it out
    c) give me carte blanche?
    d) work out part a/b enitrely yourselves and let me do the other part.
    Just let me know asap.

Status Emeritus

The true story

of

Bernard the serial killer and Bernard the ghost

got curious w/ the pink for a sec, before remembering who I was playing as

Victory!!!!!

A well executed game if I should say it myself. One more notch on my mafia winning stick and a possible new record. 3 wins in 3 concurrent games. Has it been done before?
    If there was ever a monthly awards, no doubt you'd be "Mafia player of the month (Jan. '09)"

Again, thank you Andres for hosting
    Last edited by glyphz; 02-13-2009 at 09:03.

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637