Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending indecent text messages to the wrong girl - is there anything worse?

Default Sending indecent text messages to the wrong girl - is there anything worse?

Ok, people, I just screwed up.

A couple of hours ago, a girlfriend(that's what you call a friend of the feminine sex in english, even though you're not sleeping with her, right?) of mine called me up and whined about not having anything to do, noone to drink with, etc. As I'm working tonight, I couldn't really help her out... Then, about an hour later, I thought I might as well have a laugh, and sent her a message saying my bum was sore(which it is, too much walking/running these last days), and that she would be welcome to massage it if she didn't have anything to do. Of course, it was done in my usual less than decent way, which I know makes her laugh(this isn't the first time...).

However, there were complications. Her name in my phone list looks a lot like the name of this girl I've been flirting with for the last weeks, and they're listed next to each other... An hour or so after I sent the message, I wondered why she hadn't replied, because she's always very quick to reply, especially in cases like this. My eyes got huge, my heart rate tripled, my breath became heavy: Yes, I had sent the message to the girl I've been flirting with. Curse the cell phone age!! I quickly sent her a couple of messages to explain that it was sent to the wrong person, but she hasn't replied.... I may have burned that bridge.

GAH!!
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Default Re: Sending indecent text messages to the wrong girl - is there anything worse?

AHAHAHAHA

Ok, well, that is because you are too fast/hectic, slow down a bit mate, read before you click etc.
    And hope that your flirt has a sense of humour, otherwise look for another flirt I guess.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sending indecent text messages to the wrong girl - is there anything worse?

I think this is the early favorite for "thread title of the year".
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Tap'em both
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Thumbs up Re: Sending indecent text messages to the wrong girl - is there anything worse?

Ah, man, HoreTore, that was hilarious!!! HAhahahaha!!!

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Maybe she'll accept your explanation if you tell it to her in person. And if she's absolutely shocked because she thinks it's inappropriate either way for the sort of refined gentleman she thought you were, she's probably not your kind of girl anywayl.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Ok, people, I just screwed up.

A couple of hours ago, a girlfriend(that's what you call a friend of the feminine sex in english, even though you're not sleeping with her, right?)
    Girl friend, perhaps, or friend-who-is-a-girl if you want no confusion.

I quickly sent her a couple of messages to explain that it was sent to the wrong person, but she hasn't replied.... I may have burned that bridge.
    I don't know - would that help?

Well, if nothing else you got a humorous story out of it. The friend-who-is-a-girl should be amused.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Bummer HoreTore. Is there any way you could convince flirt girl that it was a catastrophic typo? "What I meant to text was 'hi', but my finger slipped...a lot."
    This space intentionally left blank

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Bummer HoreTore. Is there any way you could convince flirt girl that it was a catastrophic typo? "What I meant to text was 'hi', but my finger slipped...a lot."
    You should have said it was meant to be sent to your brother/some other male. That way you would look like you were OBVIOUSLY just joking with friends, but are still a gentleman with a woman. Anyway, maybe too late for that too

I can only bid you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Tap'em both
    I concur.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    Sending indecent text messages to the wrong girl - is there anything worse?
    Why, yes: Sending a most decent message to the right girl and getting blocked.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Done it once to a girlfriend. Although it wasn't exactly referring to something like "massage my bum" or "incinerate my testicles after greasing it", it had slang words in it and, in the context of the recipient, was sounding like a message from a loon, 'cause absurd humour was a favorite way of us to interact with each other, with that friend of mine.

As soon as I noticed "delivered to: blabla" info on the screen, I called my girlfriend and softened her with a ton of cuddly-snugly words of love and explained the situation in a deep apology. I somehow dodged it fortunately.

Well if it's a dire situation like the girl was hard to get and/or you were only recently getting to know each other, rather than a fall-in-love-mutually stance, I guess you've got a hard road to take.

However, any girl is likely to get over things as long as you prove your determination to make up for it -excluding ones such as insulting her. I mean, yeah, she may be thinking that you're a continentally gigantic gay or a punk who actually had hid his vandal side, however there is a probable exit way that you could support with a bunch of what she'd find beautiful (flowers, chocolates, etc. depends on who she is) that would emphasize that you're utterly sorry for what you've mistakenly done and you're indeed worried and caring for her sentimental company, she'd think it over, I say.

It would also be a nice reminder that all men are "ugly and rude" when they are among each other -ensuring her that you'll be a lot more careful with text messages from that time on.

"Honey, it was a close friend of mine named Martin Dahlin with whom we are friends since childhood, and since his name was recorded right above yours in my cellphone, you got that manly rude steaming pile of **** intended to be funny"

Give it a try. And go with your cellphone prepared of course.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Get up, go around in circles three times and shout out "Im lucky"

The situation you have right now is like, assaulting heavily guarded castle. For years you have been trying to crack their defense and the enemy have been waiting for the final assault. In stead you send a suicidal knight by him self with a ladder, taking the castle completely by surprise.

Think of the possibility this could get you. While the most realistic result would be a either being blocked or getting a cold death stare by the girl. But there is still a possibility that she'll be interested in you. Getting hated is much better then getting ignored eh?

Good luck Do apologize if you see her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

I can almost account one embarrassing/crippling situation like this every day in my life.

Hell today I made a more than inappropriate comment about a friends mum only to find him standing behind me.

I'm actually starting to think maybe there is a God and he is punishing me for some age old forgotten sin. To be honest my life would make one of those great cringe sit coms you see on t.v.

Also to the original poster I find the best thing to do is to laugh and move on no matter how grim a situation may seem. You'll look back in 6 months and think how funny it all is.
    Last edited by tibilicus; 01-04-2009 at 03:59.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    I can almost account one embarrassing/crippling situation like this every day in my life.

Hell today I made a more than inappropriate comment about a friends mum only to find him standing behind me.

I'm actually starting to think maybe there is a God and he is punishing me for some age old forgotten sin. To be honest my life would make one of those great cringe sit coms you see on t.v.
    Or gift from God. Publish a book about it and you'll get a million easy

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Whatever happens, keep us all updated. Please. If I had been drinking milk, it would have spurted out my nose when I read your OP, I was laughing so hard.

When I was dating, back before the War Between the States, we didn't have this "text messaging" that you kids play with on your internets. We passed notes in class, and sometimes they got intercepted ...

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Whatever happens, keep us all updated. Please. If I had been drinking milk, it would have spurted out my nose when I read your OP, I was laughing so hard.

When I was dating, back before the War Between the States, we didn't have this "text messaging" that you kids play with on your internets. We passed notes in class, and sometimes they got intercepted ...
    Lemur, I was drinking juice and almost spurted with your comment. lol.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Thumbs up Re: Sending indecent text messages to the wrong girl - is there anything worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    We passed notes in class, and sometimes they got intercepted ...
    ... Huh?

Yeah, I was laughing just as hard as you, no doubt...

Ahh she ought to understand, I mean dirty jokes are more common than the nice ones these days anyway.
    Or maybe you could've tried to play dumb........'What?! It must've been that stupid friend of mine who'd borrowed my phone! He must've been sending random dirty messages again.'

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post

Being a Finnish foreign minister and sending indecent text messages to a stripper and getting fired for it.

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post

Dear god, tell me about it. I had a baaaad experience with this. Totally nice to this girl, she was even flirty with me a LOT and then out of the blue she decides she doesn't want to ever talk to me again. Her brother can't explain it and neither can I!

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

I don't think telling her that the request for a "bum massage" was meant for another girl will help your case. I think it probably only dug you a deeper hole.

U PlaYA!

My kingdom for a .

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

NOES!!! HAHA. Keep us updated. :)
    BLARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    Girl friend, perhaps, or friend-who-is-a-girl if you want no confusion.
    Or ladyfriend, perhaps?
    I support Israel

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Or female friend.

girlfriend implies you two are going smoochy-smoochy.

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    "Honey, it was a close friend of mine named Martin Dahlin with whom we are friends since childhood, and since his name was recorded right above yours in my cellphone, you got that manly rude steaming pile of **** intended to be funny"
    T-tom? Is that you?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Fate just owned you... :P

mg.. most hilarious topic ever.

So, how're things now, HoreTore?
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Not happened to me but to a friend

He had this big confrontation with his girlfriend, cause... she was being annoying on those days. So he was all stressed up and decided to express himself via text message to a friend-who-is-a-girl. So he started writting all kind of insults and stuff about her. He finished, and sent it... however he saw in the screen that it had been sent to his actual girlfriend... yikes... . AS you might suspect... thing didn't go well after that =P

So now he carries 2 phones, one to talk and message with his girlfriend ONLY and another one to talk with everyone else
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 01-04-2009 at 23:39.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast