Thread: EB.exe not executing

Default EB.exe not executing

I've got the full install of vanilla along with 1.3 and 1.5 patches. Clean install in c drive, not program files. I downloaded eb1.1 and double clicked to execute. The installation window is not showing, when I check my systems processess, it says it's running the exe file and a tmp file for eb1.1. So the process is running, apparently, but I can't access the window for the full installation.

I'm using windows vista, 32-bit.

Any one else have this problem?

Default Re: EB.exe not executing

Have you got sufficient space left on your C drive?

I think perhaps you need to be patient with the 1.1 installer. It's been long since I used it, I can't remember how long it takes until it runs. Also, you can verify that the installer is not corrupted (and fixing any corruption there might be) by downloading the torrent and pointing your torrent client to the file you've already downloaded.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I solved the problem, most people using vista probably already figured it out. You need to turn off that stupid system warning every time you execute a program. Once you disable that the exe file window works for eb.

Thanks, I'll add that to the frequent issues.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking