Thread: Limited ammo setting does\'nt work!

I'm playing the game through on normal and I've set the Limited Ammo setting to off and whenever I go into a battle my archer units still have limited ammo. does anyone know what's going on here?

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Nope, hough you ought to play eith limited ammo anyway IMO, it adds to experience if you have to use the archers properly rather than letting them loose their bows at anything htat moves, also the AI gets unlimited if you have it, and he's better at knowing when to fire anyway, you'll get decimated. Units like Naginnata are pretty much useless with unlimited ammo on.

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Thanks but . . . I know that its a feature, and I agree that it adds realism, but I wanted to play through with ammo off because, I have'nt played it that much and I'm still getting used to the basic tactics!

One i'm more experienced I'll turn it on.

In any case, If the limited ammo setting is switched off, it should be off in the game. Why is it not?

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

it's of in mine if i switch it off, don't know what the problem is. However playing with unlimited ammo wil just mean you'll have to learn to handle all your troops again when you switch limited ammo back on. It is VERY different. If your stilll learning to handle the troops it's fine, but i'd turn it off sa soon as you cna.

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

If memory serves me there was an issue with not being able to turn off ammo in the early versions of the game. If that is the case installing the latest patch (1.12) will fix that.

------------------
    All your base are belong to us
    All your base are belong to us

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

if you are playing multiplayer games it's the host's settings that determine what options are on or off in a given game. doesnt matter what you have yours set to, the host settings will override.

if it's single player then get the game patch and see if that helps.

K.

err, thanks guys/girls, but I'm not playing multiplayer, so there are no host settings and also I have installed 1.12! It does'nt work.