Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Chicago Soirée [Concluded]

Default Re: Chicago Soirée (Concluded)

Good Game Sigurid and Bodica. You did well.

We kind of missed the preasure voting phase in this game with the whole Andes Pizza thing in day 2.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Oh what?

I really need to get more sleep. I am not reading clearly.

I swear I thought it was still beefy. Too many games at once

Dang. 0/2

:hides:
    My apologies. But I was telling the truth the whole time. I just came on to say good game, while the laundry are being done.

If I didn't have this trip... Maybe I could've made the difference. But

GG mafia. Congratulations for you first victory Boudica

Thanks heaps Khaan

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Commentary: Pt I

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First thing is first: THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING! Vanilla mafia games, as a function of their design, are inherently dependent on the participation of the players. The game will only be as enjoyable as those playing wish for it to be. I frankly didn't have a whole lot to do; the game, for the most part, played itself, sans a few hiccups. This was a very different experience for me, as my past large games have been extremely role heavy, with much of the "action" seeming to inevitably happen outside of the thread, involving only a handful of players. The best part of these kind of games is that EVERYONE is equally involved. This was one of my motivating factors for not including a detective. The fact that nobody except for the mafia had any idea what was going on more than anyone else was the aim I was shooting for.

As for the detective; I felt it, ultimately, unnecessary. In the most recent Mafia game, myself and Gaius Scribonius Curio were caught despite not having one. It seemed evident to me that the detective was an auxiliary weapon at the town's disposal which was rather unneeded. Further, the mafia in vanilla games have tended to be absolutely stone-walled at the endgame regardless of detective. This, along with aiming at ultimate thread inclusion, were my two primary reasons for not having a detective. The reason I listed the detective as a possibility was that I wanted to see if the mafia would try and pull a stunt in claiming the role for themselves.

In reference to my earlier statement about the "Curse of 'Khaan", I shall explain. It is really quite basic. I have hosted five games total, three large and two small. And, right now, the town is pulling what we call in sports an "0-for". Yes, the town has yet to win even one of my mafia games. But, it goes even FURTHER than that. The town has pulled an "0-for" in regards to lynching. What I mean, specifically, is this. The town, in FIVE GAMES, has NOT LYNCHED EVEN A SINGLE SCUMBAG! NOT ONE! Not one mafioso, not one serial killer, NADA. I'm frankly shocked. I can somewhat understand Spirit Mafia, which was still very role heavy despite not having the numbers I seeked, which was a mistake upon my part as host. But, honestly... Five games, and not one single scumbag lynch. I'm still trying to absorb it. I don't know how or why it's happened. The two small games were both vanilla-ish, nothing special. My first two large games were role-oriented, meaning there were plenty of scum-roles to lynch, but they always found ways to kill each other off first. And here...? The only thing I can think of is that Sigurd and Boudica both just played that well. But still, the town must shoulder some blame for the Total Mafia Victory. There was a lot of "white noise" in the game, whether it was the Great Wall of Pizzaguy Text, or the discussion about what was or wasn't in the writeups. I guess my general advice in future games would be to always watch for the "gunman on the grassy knoll", as Yoyoma had put it at some point. In this game, the town too easily allowed itself to get fixated upon a single thing at a time, ultimately never getting around to the lurkers.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

The best way is go with your instincts and personal views IMO, as others can twist your vote and others can do uncertain investigations, but if there wrong all the people which agreed are wrong too, people should vote individually, too much influence of other players may have affect mafias been lynched because people tend to vote outright at one person, not spreading the vote leaves a slim chance that mafia will be lynched realistically.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Congratulations Boudica and Sigurd!!! Excellently played, and a deserved victory.

Thanks to Sereikhann for hosting, even with the 'Curse of Khann'! We'll have to work on that... I can't believe that after all the pages and pages of analysis, accusation and defence, we didn't catch either mafioso. Again, testimony to their skill. Well done again...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Thanks to Khaan for an excellent hosting. My favourite parts of the write-ups were those poor Curse of Khaan mishaps by poor Chief Vonken
    Which leads me to my second big thankyou - Town! you made it much easier than it should have been.
    Biggest thanks to Sigurd, who talked through theory and put it all excellently into practice with some great write-ups himself.
    Looking forward to the next one - once RL has calmed down a bit :)

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Gah! Had my suspicions of boudica from day 1 but i got distracted and let the issue slip a bit, sigurd never even showed up on my radar... Gah!

Well played guy and gal!

And thanks for hosting Khaan... T'was a blast...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Total mafia victory...

Congratulations mafia

Well, I said it before: I'm not an excellent player Feel free to ignore my rambling in future games.

Thanks for hosting, 'khaan
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

The town's been annihilated...

Congrats to team mafia, I always felt that Boudica would be given her chance to shine sooner or later.

Thanks for hosting Sereikhaan!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...6&postcount=56

Well I felt the need to explain my bone-headed actions and promise town not to fail you again, especially not in such a fantastically bad way. SkyNet will be overhauled, and with every further game I play it shall be improved. These recent losses have been noted, and I will not be so quick to judge players in the future... and if I had used the darn thing properly to begin with, none of this would have happened.

If you want to know what happened, Pizzaguy's Corner post 56 explains it. Well earned victory, Sigurd and Boudica. You shall not best me again using that tactic.

Sad, I had already learned not to trust lurkers. It was my oversight not to follow my own system. What a terrible, terrible waste... and a bad judgment call.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...6&postcount=56

Well I felt the need to explain my bone-headed actions and promise town not to fail you again, especially not in such a fantastically bad way. SkyNet will be overhauled, and with every further game I play it shall be improved. These recent losses have been noted, and I will not be so quick to judge players in the future... and if I had used the darn thing properly to begin with, none of this would have happened.

If you want to know what happened, Pizzaguy's Corner post 56 explains it. Well earned victory, Sigurd and Boudica. You shall not best me again using that tactic.

Sad, I had already learned not to trust lurkers. It was my oversight not to follow my own system. What a terrible, terrible waste... and a bad judgment call.
    I feel slightly for you.
    I made a grimace when you said you had spent 4 hours analyzing players and not even being close to the truth.
    But hey ... It is a learning experience, right?
    Status Emeritus

Congratulations Sigurd and boudica!

Thank you, seireikhaan, for hosting

Wish I could've at least attempt to contribute to the town's cause, but most of my focus ended up in RL and the remaining in 'Scourge.'
    Last edited by glyphz; 01-28-2009 at 09:30.

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I feel slightly for you.
    I made a grimace when you said you had spent 4 hours analyzing players and not even being close to the truth.
    But hey ... It is a learning experience, right?
    Lesson WELL learned.

You deserve the win, for committing to the strategy and allowing me to self-destruct without you even having to lift a finger.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728