Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Soirée [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Chicago Soirée [Concluded]

"So Mr. Dever, what are we gonna do about this Scarface guy? I mean, he's getting lockdown on the whole city! You really gonna take him on?" Lieutenant Jefferson's concerned face queried the new Mayor.

"Scarface? He's just one of a number of flies to be swatted. I'm gonna clean up this whole town. Force him and the rest of his kind out of Chicago. Period. I'm going to mobilize the police into full force. I'm going to call in the FBI to root out their corrupt and illegal businesses. They're going to regret the day they stepped foot into this town. It won't be easy Jefferson. There will be probably be losses. Maybe even me. But I swear this before God Himself: Scarface, Bugs, the whole lot of them will be locked up or dead when I'm finished with my job. Jefferson looked on in awe before the new mayor; nobody, ever, had made a serious effort to stand up to the mob. Didn't matter that everyone knew they existed. Didn't matter that everyone knew what they were up to. They were that feared.

The next morning...

Jefferson stood at the door of a used furniture shop on the south side of Chicago. He rapped the door twice, before the door was opened. A tall, dark man dressed in a casual suit peered behind a pair of glasses at Jefferson for a second, before motioning for him to come in. Jefferson took the cue. The man led Jefferson through the oddly vacant shop to a back door which was labeled "supplies". The man knocked twice on the door before speaking.

"Hey boss. Got your buddy here."

A voice from behind sounded in a noticeable Italian accent, "Well it’s about time. Come in." The door clicked from inside as it was unlocked. The tall man leaned his shoulder against the door, twisted the knob, and opened the door, leading Jefferson inside.

The room inside immediately pronounced its presence with the pungent smell of cigar smoke. Inside, sat a well-dressed, olive-skinned, baby faced man behind a desk, cigar in hand. Four more men, each as imposing as the man who led Jefferson inside, stood astride the olive-skinned man, two on each side. The only source of light for the room was a single, small lamp which stood upon the desk, though little of the light could actually pierce far through the dense fog of smoke.

"So Mr. Jefferson, I trust you've got word for me on the new guy?" the baby faced man queried with a nonplussed look upon his face. "I trust things won't have to get ugly?"

Jefferson responded with a growing nervousness about his person. "Well, uh, sir, actually, um, well he, Dever, wants to take you out. You and Bugs and the rest of the mob. He says he's, he's gonna call in the FBI, and police..."

A displeased facade overcame Mr. Capone's face. "What, you think this is really a threat? You think Dever will actually back up his bark? You think he's more powerful than me? Huh!?"

"Uh... uh... of course I d-don't think he's more powerful than you! I'm just s-saying, you might wanna get outta town for a little bit to let him cool down... I mean, no reason to take unnecessary risks, r-r-right boss?"

Mr. Capone's face re-arranged itself once more, but this time into thoughtfulness rather than rage or contempt, much to Jefferson's relief.

"Actually, Jefferson, I think you might have a point. We can get out of Chicago for a little while... Set up a new base. Outside of city limits, but close enough to keep tabs on things here. Nice little town of Cicero is just out of city limits, and they got a mayoral election next year." A smirk overcame Capone's face. "Ya know what, Jefferson, you keep up this kinda smart thinkin' and you might get a promotion sometime. Ya, I like this. Cicero can be our new base of operations, it’s perfect. Good job, Jefferson. Now get outta here, I got plannin' to do." Relief flooded Jefferson's face as he was ushered out the door.

Two weeks later, in the town of Cicero, Illinois...

A young man in casual attire stumbled into the police station, out of breath and visibly shaken.

"Mr. Vonken, Mr. Vonken!" Police chief Vonken scrambled from his desk to the young man. "Mr. Vonken, I just saw a murder. T-t-two guys, they just broke into the Hamilton's and I heard gunshots...and and.... uh... they're DEAD!" The young man began sobbing in Chief Vonken's arms.

"Hey, hey, c'mon. Its gonna be alright, we'll get the men. Did you see them? What'd they look like? What were they wearing? The young man ceased sobbing, but his chest was still heaving and his face still wet with tears.

"I c-couldn't really tell what they looked like... they wore pretty nice suits... and they were wearing a fedora. I don't think they were from around here. I bet if I saw them alongside everyone else in town I could pick them out though..."

"Alongside everyone else in town..." Chief Vonken thought to himself. Then it hit him. That was it! "Alright kid, do this for me. I need you to run around to every person in town's house and tell them to be at the station at nine tonight, alright? Tell them they're in big trouble with me if they don't. If they aren't there, leave a note.

That Night...

A large crowd stood gathered around the entrance to the police station. A quiet roar of murmuring emanated from the populace, whom had all heard of the murdered Hamilton family by now. Finally, as the stroke of nine, Chief Vonken emerged from the doors of the station, and took his place atop a small carriage to use as a platform.

"EVERYONE QUIET DOWN!" Chief Vonken's voice boomed over the murmuring crowd. "As you have probably all heard by now, the Hamilton's were murdered in their house, in cold blood. What we know now is that the people who killed them probably aren't from around these parts. We don't know if they're here to pick a fight with Cicero, or if they're a passing occurrence. Regardless, you have my assurance the police are looking into it. But if the murders keep occurring, we need to look amongst ourselves to figure out who's hiding in our midst. Tomorrow, at Six o'clock in the evening, if the murders continue, I'm going to start a town lynching. It’s the only way to stamp out some newcoming murderer! I know you good townspeople will be able to pick out the murderers hiding in our midst. But let us remember, this is America! We are democratic! Hence, I want a vote on whom the town thinks is a killer, and I will execute the bastard myself! But let us hope we need not resort to this and that the murders stop tonight. But if not, come ready tomorrow!"

With that, Chief Vonken stepped down from the carriage, and back into the station without even a single more word, presumably to comb over more evidence from the Hamilton murder. The crowd erupted into murmur, though two faces stayed silent, giving the other a curt, but knowing look. The crowd, very gradually, dispersed themselves to their homes, with vigilance on their minds...

Welcome one, Welcome all! This is going to be a wholly different take on mafia from yours truly. This will be a straight up, pure, GH-style mafia game.

Roles:

Two mafioso
    One detective(?)

Rules:

Players must remain active. Inactivity, which will be defined as missing three consecutive voting rounds, or four total voting rounds, will result in the WoK(Wrath of Khaan).(Yes, I'm that egotistical) WoK equals expulsion from the game.

You may not utilize screenshots or chatlogs. You MAY quote PM if you wish. Quicktopic for the purposes of the town is banned from this game, though mafia may use it to their heart's desire.

You may only commit suicide if you are absolutely unable to continue participation. I do not allow suicides for any other reason.

Private reveals are forbidden. Only public reveals are allowed.

The dead may not reveal anything, quote PM's or do anything out of thread.

PLEASE KEEP A RUNNING TALLY OF VOTES

And Lastly, DO NOT MESS WITH THE TALLY! If I determine ANYONE is intentionally messing with the tally, they will receive extremely harsh punishment. I tend to allow for mistakes, particularly if people aren't keeping tally, but be wary and vigelant regarding tally.

Game procedure:

The game starts with a night phase. Here, the power roles send me their actions. This means two people will die before they even get the chance to cast one vote. Sorry, but it works better for the story that way. After that, it's day, where the alive townies can vote and try to lynch the mafia. Voting procedure is the usual, i.e.:

Vote: seireikhaan

If you wish to unvote, then do so as follows:

Unvote: seireikhaan
    Vote: TosaInu

Unvoting without saying who exactly is being unvoted (i.e. Unvote) is highly discouraged and if it ticks me off enough I might start handing out WoKs.

Voting abstain (you are present for the round and have no lynch preference) is allowed, but "No Lynch" is not.

I'm looking for at least 30 players, but I would love to have 40 if possible. Please get word out and recruit!

Signups: 28

Andres
    Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Beefy
    Boudica
    Caius
    Chaotix
    CountArach
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    GeneralHankerchief
    Glyphz
    hooahguy
    LittleGrizzly
    Lord Winter
    QuintusJC
    Reenk Roink
    Sarathos
    Shlin28
    Sigurd
    Taka
    TevashSzat
    Tiberius of the Drake
    TinCow
    Warluster
    Warman
    White_Eyes
    YLC
    Yoyoma
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 01-11-2009 at 06:48.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Default Re: Chicago Soirée

In.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Chicago Soirée

In! And second
    Last edited by Sigurd; 01-06-2009 at 00:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chicago Soiree

Well... This is curious...
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Default Re: Chicago Soirée

My AM powers aren't strong enough to make the right edits.
    And the result was a mess.

Sorry about Tiberius' post. It is got lost in the battle of edits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius of the Drake
    First In !!
    Oh, and I forgot: In ... fourth.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 01-06-2009 at 01:04.
    Status Emeritus

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome, this should be an interesting change of pace for me.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Innage!
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Sure, why not?
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Yay.....a game where I don't need to worry about Khaans psychological warfare....
    IN!! though him being host, I am a little nervous.....

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

In.

Btw (some people seem to have forgotten this), if you need advertisement in EH, Front- and/or Backroom, just drop me a pm.
    Last edited by Andres; 01-06-2009 at 09:51.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

In please

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Blog Entries

IN

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    12th sign up??? whats wrong with me, i usually pride myself on being one of the first there
    Last edited by Thermal; 01-06-2009 at 18:29.

Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    IN

12th sign up??? whats wrong with me, i usually pride myself on being one of the first there
    FoS: 777Ares777 .....for his uncharacteristic slowness

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

and...

HoS: Boudica - for casting suspicions upon another person for petty reasons.

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

In.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I officially would like to announce my definite intention to decide whether or not to have a pre-meeting meeting to discuss the possibility of absolutely joining this game. But for now, I'll just join it.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Inside.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Does it count if I recruited myself?

In.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

That's a nice looking badge you got there, Sarathos...
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    That's a nice looking badge you got there, Sarathos...
    looks cheap to me

You try making a bunch of badges when you have little to no artistic ability and Microsoft Paint!

*runz away sobbing
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

in, i guess....
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    You try making a bunch of badges when you have little to no artistic ability and Microsoft Paint!

*runz away sobbing
    sorry, i beg of you forgive me
    Last edited by Thermal; 01-06-2009 at 23:55.

Hooahguy is new, so he told me, so anyone who would like to get him acclimated to mafia games, please do so. If not, I'll point him in the direction of some basic info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(game)

In the original poster's first post, (otherwise known as the original post ) it will describe the particulars of this specific game, which has a story and a plot but a basic structure (apparently) of mafia and townies, maybe a detective but honestly, probably not.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    in, i guess....
    Welcome to mafia, good sir.

I hope you'll enjoy the first time getting lynched or assassinated by the good people of the Gameroom

Don't forget to practice swinging on a rope !
    Last edited by Andres; 01-07-2009 at 20:57.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Innage

in, i guess....
    Indeed! welcome to mafia!

points at sarcastic balloon ->

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Welcome to mafia, good sir.

I hope you'll enjoy the first time getting lynched or assassinated by the good people of the Gameroom

Don't forget to practice swinging on a rope !
    lol ok. i get lynched and assasinated all the time in the backroom, so i should be used to it.

and about the rope..... will it be over a pit of crocs?
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

lol ok. i get lynched and assasinated all the time in the backroom, so i should be used to it.

and about the rope..... will it be over a pit of crocs?
    Nope......Sharks WITH Laser beams on there heads....

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast