Thread: The Mighty

Default The Mighty

Hello,

I am addicted to RTW to the point where I am trying to figure how far can you take a general...
    My best so far is to a 10 stars general, nicknamed The Mighty (his personal description states Legendary Commander and Legendary Hero). This guy is a real invincible SOB, routing some enemy units away after a few seconds of fighting...

I was also wondering if there are some tips on how to make a general gain influence.

Thanks!

Exclamation Re: The Mighty

Make him win heroic victories. Try to avoid keeping him in direct combat himself, as he'll become "scarred" and lose influence. And pray that he's good-looking.

I stole it from a stupid Iceni Member Shieldmaiden's Avatar

Default Re: The Mighty

Whats the exact criteria for it to be a Heroic Victory?

Aesculapius posted an excellent how-to guide on Generals, if you want to get more in-depth:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45969
    Last edited by Shieldmaiden; 01-06-2009 at 13:36.
    "Now, once more I must ride with my knights, to defend what was and the dream of what could be..."

- King Arthur, Excalibur

Post Re: The Mighty

I think that heroic victory outcomes are determined by the odds more than the number of people killed (e.g. with 2:1 odds you could kill pretty much every enemy in sight loosing very few men yourself and a heroic victory would not emerge). I'm also sure that where heroic victories can appear, almost any victory can appear under that category - in a siege battle in the past, I wiped out most of the enemy horde (full stack), but in the end had only had 20-30 troops spread over 3/4 units (which were fully staffed at the start). I still got an heroic victory out of it though. This seems to happen in most cases where the scenario is similar.

To place that paragraph into one sentence, I don't really know, but can make vague estimates
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Phormion/Titvs WotB/BtSH Member YouHaveRecieved's Avatar

I think it's when the odds are heavily agaisnt you, e.g about 4:1. Also you must lose less than a quater or a third, I can't remember of your army but quality and unit size has no distinction what so ever.
    Phormion Epiphaneion Armeniakon
    Strategos of the Arche Seleukeia.

Titvs Valerivs Maximvs
    Tribvnus of the Roman Republic

Exclamation Re: The Mighty

Whatevah. Just win. Heroically.

The academies do help you gain some influences. For example, "Cook".

Phormion/Titvs WotB/BtSH Member YouHaveRecieved's Avatar

But I suggest putting them in an acedemy whilst they are young or else your generals will never gain enough command stars.
    Phormion Epiphaneion Armeniakon
    Strategos of the Arche Seleukeia.

Titvs Valerivs Maximvs
    Tribvnus of the Roman Republic

simple way to get heroic victories is to win battles that the computer says you would probably lose, and not loose too many of your men. Either that or completely destroy their army.