Thread: Babies

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default FM's

EDIT: Well seeing as there is a baby limit...

I was wondering what the most amount of family members anyone's had at one time. This obviously doesn't include client rulers and other stuff. Just family members alive at anyone time.

Screens are appreciated.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 01-08-2009 at 06:08.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Exclamation Re: Babies

Five? What have you been smoking, boy? A single family member and his/her spouse can only have, at the most, four kids. Get your facts straightened out.

Default Re: Babies

Around Five.

Huh, so that's the limit? Well this is an anti-climatic thread. :-( Well I guess we could always turn this into the most amount of FMs anyone's gotten at one time.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 01-08-2009 at 06:03.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

There must be hardcoded max number of FMs you can get
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Nah, I doubt it. But seeing as there can only be 199 provinces, I'm guessing the number of family members (males only) cannot exceed a couple hundred.

I think the amount can be infinite.

Sure. But seeing as how that number is inexplicably tied with the number of provinces owned, the number of family numbers will inevitably be well below infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3||
    There must be hardcoded max number of FMs you can get
    From what I've seen, saves store it as a 16 bit number, so its probably 65536 (or it might be 32767, if they used a signed one). Unless there's some sort of cleverness going on that I didn't see. But you would have to play for a very long time to get that

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

i doubt thats possible considering....It'll be 4AD before it reaches half......unless u somehow manage to bribe over every single FM there is in the game.....or maybe somebody whould try that? >_>

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

I know that after a certain point, recruited generals in BI would lack the general.

The actual limit may be lower than the number I mentioned, as that number was the techical maximum limit based on actual space used to store the number. However, the engine might impose a logical limit on the number of family members. The same is done with provinces, from what I know.
    Last edited by Chris_; 01-08-2009 at 16:17.

The number of children born to a faction, is that affected mainly by the number of provinces you have in addition to ancillaries/traits or is that only MTW2?

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Quote Originally Posted by HayGuy View Post
    The number of children born to a faction, is that affected mainly by the number of provinces you have in addition to ancillaries/traits or is that only MTW2?
    Not, RTW mechanics in this regard are identical to the MiNO (M2TW) ones. But I have never had an FM have less than four children. Not unless an adopted general took place of one of the FM's children.
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 01-12-2009 at 01:38.