Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestinian state should be disbanded. Permanently.

Default Palestinian state should be disbanded. Permanently.

Hamas especially must go, but the Palestinian authority in the West Bank should be dismantled as well, just for the consistency purposes. Let Egypt roll into Gaza. They used to own it, they'll know how to deal with it. Best of all, they will do their best to secure their new border with Israel.
    In the same key, the land currently under control of the FATAH in the West Bank whould be transferred to Jordan. Once again, Jordan will have every reason to make the border as secure as possible. Both Jordan and Egypt will be able to crush any possible insurrection in those territories with minimal attention and minimal outrage from the rest of the world.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Default Re: Palestinian state should be disbanded. Permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Hamas especially must go, but the Palestinian authority in the West Bank should be dismantled as well, just for the consistency purposes. Let Egypt roll into Gaza. They used to own it, they'll know how to deal with it. Best of all, they will do their best to secure their new border with Israel.
    In the same key, the land currently under control of the FATAH in the West Bank whould be transferred to Jordan. Once again, Jordan will have every reason to make the border as secure as possible. Both Jordan and Egypt will be able to crush any possible insurrection in those territories with minimal attention and minimal outrage from the rest of the world.

I can see where this thread is going.

I don't think your original statement even deems a reply. You ignoring the basic fact Palestinians consider themselves their own nation. You can't just take nations away from people not in the 21st century.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

And the surrounding states don't want them, anyway.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Israeli state should be disbanded. Permanently.

The Israeli state made an intrusion in a dominantly Arab landscape. I cannot believe that the British were so naïve to think that this would not cause trouble.

==============================

This post is supposed to be ironic. Please don't take this too serious. Thank you

-Hax
    Last edited by Hax; 01-08-2009 at 18:54.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Irony implies some humorous aspect.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    At which point we can harvest the glass! See folks! There is ALWAYS a silver lining!

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Wink Re: Palestinian state should be disbanded. Permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Irony implies some humorous aspect.
    Is that statement Socratic or Dramatic?
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Cool Re: Palestinian state should be disbanded. Permanently.

I say give it back to the Italians. At least when they were there they gave them Aqueducts...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

So you explained how you propose for this state to be destroyed... yet you haven't explained why. Please do so.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    I say give it back to the Italians. At least when they were there they gave them Aqueducts...
    pax romana!
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 01-08-2009 at 20:30.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    So you explained how you propose for this state to be destroyed... yet you haven't explained why. Please do so.
    Why? To achieve peace, of course. If Egypt and Jordan control the current palestinian territories, they will have both the wil and the means to keep the peace.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Why? To achieve peace, of course. If Egypt and Jordan control the current palestinian territories, they will have both the wil and the means to keep the peace.
    Military conquest never leads to peace. If you truly think there would be no insurrection then you are delusional.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Is that statement Socratic or Dramatic?
    Socratic

Military conquest never leads to peace. If you truly think there would be no insurrection then you are delusional.
    The insurrection will no longer be Israel's problem. If Hamas rockets start hitting Cairo and Amman, I seriously doubt that the Arab league would object to Egypt and Jordan crushing the insurgents like bugs.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

not always. look at WWII
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Werewolves.

Werewolves.
    They are called lychens now. Some respect pleeeeeeasssseee

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

The insurrection will no longer be Israel's problem. If Hamas rockets start hitting Cairo and Amman, I seriously doubt that the Arab league would object to Egypt and Jordan crushing the insurgents like bugs.
    Exactly. I don't recall the Arab League protesting for a cease fire when Hamas was lauching missles into Israel before the current Gaza offensive.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

And given the ugly way things went critical in Syria between the Palestinian refugees and Damascus in whatwasitnow, the Eighties?, Egypt and Jordania would want to grab the live and primed problem why exactly ?
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    And given the ugly way things went critical in Syria between the Palestinian refugees and Damascus in whatwasitnow, the Eighties?, Egypt and Jordania would want to grab the live and primed problem why exactly ?
    Ohhh, I don't know... to help out their Arab brothers perhaps? They talk alot about Arab unity, Arab solidarity, this would be a way for them to make good on their rhetoric.

[QUOTE]
    Ohhh, I don't know... to help out their Arab brothers perhaps? They talk alot about Arab unity,
    Why waste a perfectly good buffer state from which proxy wars can be launched? Brotherhood be darned!
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 01-08-2009 at 21:32.

[QUOTE=Strike For The South;2102129]

Why waste a perfectly good buffer state from which proxy wars can be launched? Brotherhood be darned!
    I think both Egypt and Jordan already got burnt badly enough to lose the taste for those.

Ohhh, I don't know... to help out their Arab brothers perhaps? They talk alot about Arab unity, Arab solidarity, this would be a way for them to make good on their rhetoric.
    You obviously failed to notice they more or less stopped giving a rat's decades ago in practice. Pretty sure that's actually one of the reason many of the hardcore Islamist movements think they're sellouts actually.

They may make diplomatic moves and offer some economic assistance (and maybe look the other way every now and then), but you can bet your they've zero interest in having the whole problem land in their laps. The economic issues alone send any sensible regime running away as fast as they can...
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 01-09-2009 at 07:41. Reason: Language

Well first we would need to force the Israelis back to their UN defined borders and create a Palestinian state. I think Isreal ruled this out a while ago.

As for the current state of the Palestinian nation, how those who created the Warsaw Ghetto would have admired the efforts of Israel in Gaza, though clearly they need to pick up their game in the West Bank.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 01-09-2009 at 07:42. Reason: Personal attack

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

"And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - W.T. Sherman

Is that a quote from a hamas leader in your signature ?
    Last edited by LittleGrizzly; 01-09-2009 at 01:26.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - W.T. Sherman

Well the man burned, raped, pillaged and destroyed a great city. He also won his conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post

Hey now, don't badmouth Uncle Billy, he's the father of the modern total war.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Well the man burned, raped, pillaged and destroyed a great city. He also won his conflict.
    Hmm, oh how many Israeli generals this could apply to!

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

No, what we need to do is let Israel deal with its own internal problems, just like us in Ireland.

If we'd all have just left alone years ago it'd probably all be sorted by now, with far fewer deaths.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast