Thread: Increasing the Unit Size. Is it possible?

Default Increasing the Unit Size. Is it possible?

Can someone give an answer to one or both of these questions.

1. How can I increase the number of men in one unit? In the options I have set the unit size to the official maximum allowed, but I am hoping there might be a way to increase this even further?

2. How do I increase maximum number of overall units that can be used on the battlfield? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Increasing the Unit Size. Is it possible?

Welcome Serendipity,

1. I'm pretty sure you can't go above the 120 men maximum, though don't quote me on that one. If you want to try editing the troop stats file in the game directory you can.

2. I'm almost 99.99% sure that this cannot be modded.
    Last edited by caravel; 01-10-2009 at 00:00.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I think #1 has been tried before, and it didn't work, and #2, people probably wouldn't know where to start. See it like: You can't mod STW at all, except for the few .txt files that the game makers created for us, so that we can mod troop statistics and AI Daimyo behaviour a bit.

btw.. Welcome!
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Thanks for the replies.

What a shame it can not be done!

Well if you really want to make changes to STW, you're only hope is to get MTW and install the Samurai Wars mod, which makes MTW as much like STW as possble but has many of the new features and improved AI of the later game. MTW is very "moddable", not as much as RTW/M2TW, but vastly more so than STW. You should be able to make all the changes you want then.

Default AW: Increasing the Unit Size. Is it possible?

Sorry for OT, but talking of it: is the Samurai Warlords mod recommendable? ATM I'm still very busy with the original campains of STW and MTW, but I might occasionally require some more options to choose from. I already downloaded but did not install it yet, lack of time.

Default Re: AW: Increasing the Unit Size. Is it possible?

Well personally I cannot recommend it enough. It's easily the most underrated mod out there. If you like MTW's features, but prefer the STW theatre and atmosphere, then the SW mod is for you. It doesn't have the assassination movies or throne room, but makes up for it in many other ways. You'd have to try it for yourself.

As ever install a second copy of MTW to a different folder and install the mod to that. Be careful not to overwrite the vanilla game and don't install the mod over another mod. (apologies if you're already aware of all this).

Default AW: Increasing the Unit Size. Is it possible?

Yeah, I already suspected that it might be superb. But as I said, I'm busy enough at the moment and just wanted to ask if it's worth the effort. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep an eye on that.