Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got the *insert expletive of choice* kicked outta me today...

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default I got the *insert expletive of choice* kicked outta me today...

By the UNI workout facility. And I gotta say, it feels AMAZING.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: I got the *insert expletive of choice* kicked outta me today...

Weights right? YOU DID THIS WITH WEIGHTS RIGHT!?!?!?!?
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Blog Entries

5 minutes of stretching.

1/2 hour of cardio.

5 minute break.

Roughly 1/2 hour of weights- full run through.

Then, barely avoided falling down the stairs from muscle fatigue in my legs.

Staggered back to my dorm in the snow.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

What are your goals?

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Blog Entries

I don't really have a specific goal in terms of how much I'm looking to lift or anything like that. Basically just looking to be healthier, fitter, and more muscular. Hence why I'm doing both cardio and weights.

EDIT: okay, I guess to be more specific, I'm still fairly muscular following my semi-stint in high school football, but I really need to shed some excess weight, and a few areas in particular could use some serious toning. But again, I'm looking to judge how healthy I am instead of just looking to attain a certain number in any particular area. The only major one is that I'd like to get down to at least 180 lbs, though honestly, I've never really been all that super-fit, so I'm guessing I could actually end up anywhere between 150 to 190, depending on how much muscle I put on.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 01-10-2009 at 02:31.

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    I don't really have a specific goal in terms of how much I'm looking to lift or anything like that. Basically just looking to be healthier, fitter, and more muscular. Hence why I'm doing both cardio and weights.

You can do that better with just weights and sprints! But I digress as I usually get yelled at in these threads.

What does your diet look like?
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 01-10-2009 at 02:29.

Blog Entries

Breakfast:(usually about 8 in the morning, may be pushed to 7:30 this semester due to an early class)

-Two hardboiled eggs
    -One bowl of special K, with skim milk.
    -One glass of skim milk
    -One fruit, usually a banana.
    -Two glasses of water.
    -And occasionally a slice of grilled ham, if the cafeteria has it.

Lunch:(usually about 11:45 AM)
    -Two glasses of water
    -One glass of skim milk
    -One wheat wrap, with two slices of roast beef, two slices of turkey, two slices of some kind of cheese, depending on what I'm feeling like, a couple tomatoes, and a little bit of onion.
    -Usually one piece of fruit if there is cantaloupe or melon available.

Dinner:(usually about 6 PM)
    -Similar style of wheat wrap as described in the lunch section.
    -Salad, with sunflower seeds, occasionally a few croutons or ham slices, no dressing EVER.
    -One glass of skim milk.
    -Two glasses of water.

Late night:(usually around 8:30 PM)
    -Two glasses of water
    -Deli sandwhich of some kind.
    -Some kind of fruit. Generally a banana or pear.

On average, that's about what my general diet consists of.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 01-10-2009 at 03:15.

Eat more. 2 eggs should be 4. 1 glass of milk should be 2 and it better be whole. Add more meat more nuts more protein and try to get fish oil as well.

You're burning allot of calories. If you want to see a better body eating more will do that, eating less will merely inhibit you.

This is just my perspective mind you. Don't listen to me if you don't wanna. I'm just happy you're working out.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 01-10-2009 at 02:48.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Now, waitaminute, Strike, what if you have fat to burn too?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Eat more. 2 eggs should be 4. 1 glass of milk should be 2 and it better be whole. Add more meat more nuts more protein and try to get fish oil as well.

You're burning allot of calories. If you want to see a better body eating more will do that, eating less will merely inhibit you.

This is just my perspective mind you. Don't listen to me if you don't wanna. I'm just happy you're working out.

I have this tendency to puke up little bits of food at a time if I eat too much.

Also, I take a multi-vitamin as well as fish oil capsules.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Joe View Post
    Now, waitaminute, Strike, what if you have fat to burn too?
    For someone like Khan. Eating allot and lifitng will do a wrold more good then a rabbit diet and cardio. Belive me as a former Chubby guy (not saying he is and not saying I couldnt stand to lose a few even now.) I have seen many fellow brethen try this exact same thing and fail. There are few basic rules to fitness

Lift heavy
    Eat Heavy
    Stay active.

I have this tendency to puke up little bits of food at a time if I eat too much.

Also, I take a multi-vitamin as well as fish oil capsules.
    I am so very sorry. I look forward to more updates! Don't quit!

Blog Entries

For someone like Khan. Eating allot and lifitng will do a wrold more good then a rabbit diet and cardio. Belive me as a former Chubby guy (not saying he is and not saying I couldnt stand to lose a few even now.) I have seen many fellow brethen try this exact same thing and fail. There are few basic rules to fitness

Lift heavy
    Eat Heavy
    Stay active.
    I don't personally consider it to be a "rabbit diet". Also, I'm doing a combination of lifting and cardio.
    I am so very sorry. I look forward to more updates! Don't quit!
    Was going for about 3 weeks before christmas break came along and kicked the out of my routine. Hence why I got dominated so bad today.

But ya, I'll keep updates if you want.

Current status:

6'1", 216 lbs.

EDIT: I would like to note that I started the school year at 228.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 01-10-2009 at 03:19.

That just doesn't seem like allot of food. Or maybe I DO eat to much but we may never know.

Keep it up man. I want progress! Good Luck!

Blog Entries

That just doesn't seem like allot of food. Or maybe I DO eat to much but we may never know.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=110939

Yea but I dont do all that time. Before finals and X-mas came along and derailed me I ate probably around 5,000 calories a day and gained very little weight. I was around 244 and was solid now Im about 250 and a little softer Not to mention those 5,000 in calories was about half peanut butter frozen bananas and whey.

These threads always make me sad, not because you're getting healthier but because I just want 1 disciple who wants to get "TEH SWOLE WITH TEH GUNZZZZZ" Is that to much to ask?

Once agian good luck.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Five minutes of stretching? Dude, if you want to be lean, mean and flexible, you need a half-hour of stretching and yoga at minimum. Just sayin'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Five minutes of stretching? Dude, if you want to be lean, mean and flexible, you need a half-hour of stretching and yoga at minimum. Just sayin'.
    Yeah...

Unless I can manage to find the time to sign up for the Tae-Kwon-Do class, that's just not gonna happen. I don't trust myself to execute 30 minutes of stretching and Yoga and NOT screw myself up somehow. The 5 minute stretching routine I go through is basically just enough to ensure I'm not sore in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    On the other hand you could do something else with your thirty minutes, like hit yourself over the head with a hammer.

Breakfast:(usually about 8 in the morning, may be pushed to 7:30 this semester due to an early class)

-Two hardboiled eggs
    -One bowl of special K, with skim milk.
    -One glass of skim milk
    -One fruit, usually a banana.
    -Two glasses of water.
    -And occasionally a slice of grilled ham, if the cafeteria has it.

Lunch:(usually about 11:45 AM)
    -Two glasses of water
    -One glass of skim milk
    -One wheat wrap, with two slices of roast beef, two slices of turkey, two slices of some kind of cheese, depending on what I'm feeling like, a couple tomatoes, and a little bit of onion.
    -Usually one piece of fruit if there is cantaloupe or melon available.

Dinner:(usually about 6 PM)
    -Similar style of wheat wrap as described in the lunch section.
    -Salad, with sunflower seeds, occasionally a few croutons or ham slices, no dressing EVER.
    -One glass of skim milk.
    -Two glasses of water.

Late night:(usually around 8:30 PM)
    -Two glasses of water
    -Deli sandwhich of some kind.
    -Some kind of fruit. Generally a banana or pear.

On average, that's about what my general diet consists of.

You don't have a bad diet there. Obviously as your a student I presume you drink a fair amount?

Try and cut that down a lot if you do as not only do the alcoholic drinks contain a lot of calories but they also slow your metabolism down.

Try and make it a regular thing if you want to get fit. I started working out around the summer now after coming back of holiday and really not being to amused with the beer belly that I had gained. Anyway if you can stick to it and keep eating right you should notice results in no time.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    You don't have a bad diet there. Obviously as your a student I presume you drink a fair amount?

Try and cut that down a lot if you do as not only do the alcoholic drinks contain a lot of calories but they also slow your metabolism down.

Try and make it a regular thing if you want to get fit. I started working out around the summer now after coming back of holiday and really not being to amused with the beer belly that I had gained. Anyway if you can stick to it and keep eating right you should notice results in no time.
    Actually, I generally reserve alcohol for special occasions, for two reasons:

1) Despite how much I will whine and hiss about it, the fact remains that I'm still about 2 years under age to drink legally(legal age is 21 here). And I'm frankly a sissy when it comes to breaking the law.

2) I'm too much of a schizoid to be a hard partier- I prefer small engagements with a couple friends, not the sort of house parties that are frequent at UNI.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

[QUOTE=tibilicus;2103358]
    [QUOTE]

If you got problems with alcohol, you've got problems with me buddy!

Gah! After the exams are through I need to start working out decently again. Currently I'm doing only doing some push ups and sit ups and likes. So I was thinking about a good routine for when you have no trainers or weights. After a search on wikipedia I bumped in the physical test of the American army, I tought that might make a good routine, but after reading they only do push ups, sit ups and a mere 3 mile run. And what's even worse is that the standards are really ow too. (Most people who aren't obese, but hardly ever excercise can do them!)

Anyone a good I dea for some quick routines and excercises for examperiods. I'm doing push ups, sit ups, pull ups (with head before and behind the bar.) And that thingy they do in prison of which I forgot the name.

Actually, I generally reserve alcohol for special occasions, for two reasons:

1) Despite how much I will whine and hiss about it, the fact remains that I'm still about 2 years under age to drink legally(legal age is 21 here). And I'm frankly a sissy when it comes to breaking the law.

2) I'm too much of a schizoid to be a hard partier- I prefer small engagements with a couple friends, not the sort of house parties that are frequent at UNI.
    That's a good thing then. I normally try and keep my drinks to a maximum of of one every hour. Obviously I occasionally go over but I try not to. And I'm exactly the same. I would prefer the pub to a night club any day. I just don't see how a crammed room full of sweaty people of there heads on drugs is more relaxing than sitting in a nice environment enjoying good conversation.

Damn I've aged badly..

If you got problems with alcohol, you've got problems with me buddy!

Gah! After the exams are through I need to start working out decently again. Currently I'm doing only doing some push ups and sit ups and likes. So I was thinking about a good routine for when you have no trainers or weights. After a search on wikipedia I bumped in the physical test of the American army, I tought that might make a good routine, but after reading they only do push ups, sit ups and a mere 3 mile run. And what's even worse is that the standards are really ow too. (Most people who aren't obese, but hardly ever excercise can do them!)

Anyone a good I dea for some quick routines and excercises for examperiods. I'm doing push ups, sit ups, pull ups (with head before and behind the bar.) And that thingy they do in prison of which I forgot the name.
    You can buy a fairly cheap weight set with a bench for under £120 but if your not willing to do that a routine with out is easy.

try doing some cardio, a 1k run should do at first to build initial fitness. Then do some abdominal work, stomach crunches,sit ups and the like there is a very wide range of exercises, most can be found searching the internet. For pectoral work and building your arms do push-ups on your knuckles, I find that it stops you from cheating and not using your upper body for the push-ups. Pull ups are also good for the arms particularly the biceps and well your running should be able to work your calf muscles and a lot of your legs.

I normally spend about 1 hour on weight work and then 20 minutes on cardio. I would give you a more detailed list of exercises but I'm pushed for time at the minute. If your interested when I have some free time I could draw you up a list of exercises.

The offers always there.
    Last edited by tibilicus; 01-10-2009 at 19:13.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    You can buy a fairly cheap weight set with a bench for under £120 but if your not willing to do that a routine with out is easy.
    No money, a student remember? Also I've got some weights, but they're at home.

[/Quote]
    try doing some cardio, a 1k run should do at first to build initial fitness. Then do some abdominal work, stomach crunches,sit ups and the like there is a very wide range of exercises, most can be found searching the internet. For pectoral work and building your arms do push-ups on your knuckles, I find that it stops you from cheating and not using your upper body for the push-ups. Pull ups are also good for the arms particularly the biceps and well your running should be able to work your calf muscles and a lot of your legs.

I normally spend about 1 hour on weight work and then 20 minutes on cardio. I would give you a more detailed list of exercises but I'm pushed for time at the minute. If your interested when I have some free time I could draw you up a list of exercises.

The offers always there.[/QUOTE]

I'm no complete beginner either. I tend to do 20 push ups with my hands right next to each other, 20 on my knuckles. And finish with 10-15 with only my right arm and 10 with my left one. Then I tend to do 90 sit ups, of wich 30 normal, 30 to the left, 30 to the right. 10 normal chin ups, and 7 with the bar behind my head and back. Then I build of from 20 to 0 (Every set one less) with the jailhouse excercise which name I forgot. Of course I don't do that all right after each other. That tends to be my semi-daily excercise. Twice a week I try to go to the gym for some cardio (usually 30 minutes of running, 20 minutes of rowing, two times 5 minutes rest) The second hour I spend looking at girls and squash. When at home I also use my cheap weights while watching tv (too rarely though) and during my at home exercise. Never use weights at the gym though, I feel too embarresed surrounded by those big guys.
    Personnaly I think I'm in quite a decent shape (especially considering I'm a student and like to party and drink that much.) Not as muscular as I would like to be though, but I guess it's my diet. (Quite unhealthy, not that I'm obese though.) I really have no bit of fat on me, and it's not that I don't eat enough.

I'm no complete beginner either. I tend to do 20 push ups with my hands right next to each other, 20 on my knuckles. And finish with 10-15 with only my right arm and 10 with my left one. Then I tend to do 90 sit ups, of wich 30 normal, 30 to the left, 30 to the right. 10 normal chin ups, and 7 with the bar behind my head and back. Then I build of from 20 to 0 (Every set one less) with the jailhouse excercise which name I forgot. Of course I don't do that all right after each other. That tends to be my semi-daily excercise. Twice a week I try to go to the gym for some cardio (usually 30 minutes of running, 20 minutes of rowing, two times 5 minutes rest) The second hour I spend looking at girls and squash. When at home I also use my cheap weights while watching tv (too rarely though) and during my at home exercise. Never use weights at the gym though, I feel too embarresed surrounded by those big guys.
    Personnaly I think I'm in quite a decent shape (especially considering I'm a student and like to party and drink that much.) Not as muscular as I would like to be though, but I guess it's my diet. (Quite unhealthy, not that I'm obese though.) I really have no bit of fat on me, and it's not that I don't eat enough.
    [/QUOTE]

Well it's probably your diet then. But no need to change it your young, eat bad when your young and party hard, you have the rest of your life to worry about being fat.
    Last edited by tibilicus; 01-11-2009 at 00:42.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

5 minutes of stretching.

1/2 hour of cardio.

5 minute break.

Roughly 1/2 hour of weights- full run through.

Then, barely avoided falling down the stairs from muscle fatigue in my legs.

Staggered back to my dorm in the snow.
    all i can say is you would diiiiieeee under a wrestling average workout, which is twice than plus more.

btw, cut out on dairy foods, especially 1/2 hour before working out. it slows you down. and no processed foods!
    eat like a caveman. fuits. nuts. meats. just not dairy or processed.

with this diet i lost 30 lbs.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    all i can say is you would diiiiieeee under a wrestling average workout, which is twice than plus more.

btw, cut out on dairy foods, especially 1/2 hour before working out. it slows you down. and no processed foods!
    eat like a caveman. fuits. nuts. meats. just not dairy or processed.

with this diet i lost 30 lbs.
    Dairy can be OK as long as it is semi skimmed or skimmed milk. I normally mix my protein shakes with about a pint of semi skimmed milk.

Your right about the meat though especially white meat or steak. Basically the more protein the better.
    Last edited by tibilicus; 01-11-2009 at 02:24.

Thumbs up Re: I got the *insert expletive of choice* kicked outta me today...

Hehe, "rabbit diet"...

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

well, no dairy before you excercise, even if skimmed. it slows you down, and you need all the speed you can get when it comes to wrestling.

but yes, lots and lots of protein.

i remmeber last year for about 2 months all i ate was tuna.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    well, no dairy before you excercise, even if skimmed. it slows you down, and you need all the speed you can get when it comes to wrestling.

but yes, lots and lots of protein.

i remmeber last year for about 2 months all i ate was tuna.

yer before hand is bad. To be honest the best energy food for me is bananas

And tuna for 2 months? You should of just eaten tons and tons of roast chicken! It tastes good and I couldn't see myself getting sick of it.

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

You have to eat right, but you can eat more. As Strike said, you're burning a lot of calories and unfortunately if your body doesn't have the right amount of food in the day it will burn muscle, not fat. Fat is a last resort for your body when muscle is gone and it's your last hope for survival (the fat stores).

I have to stress REMAIN eating healthy though. Maybe a few extra glasses of milk and some more fruits to snack on over the day. I like to eat cheese more than anything because it's fairly healthy and has a good amount of calories.

EDIT: And also, eat some nuts for protein instead of loading up on meats. In the long run your body enjoys that sort of protein more than meat.
    Last edited by Alexanderofmacedon; 01-11-2009 at 16:51.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast