Thread: Historical campaignes (help)

Default Historical campaignes (help)

Hello! I would like to ask if anybody can help me with the battle called Loire Valley in historical campaign,where you lead your army with Joanne d'Arce and assaulting the British castle? I have tried averything and cant beat them no matter what! Can you help me?

Default Re: Historical campaignes (help)

Hello dr.separator and welcome to teh org.

This is an interesting one - albeit a bit too grinding for the tastes of some.

First of all make sure to get rid off the enemy lonbows and chivalric seargents that are outside the castle - its best to annihilate them however once they take losses they ll run inside the castle so dont pursue too much otherwise you ll end up taking casualties from the castles towers.

After you got rid of them get your culverins to target the castle walls - its best to achieve two consecutive breaches - that will help your assault creating the opportunity for you to flank. Generally the two wall segments right of the gate (as we look out of the castle gate) are best as they are targeted by almost all your artillery. At the same time, start walking all your forces opposite the prospective breeches.

Once all your forces are accounted for and the breeches complete, target the towers with the remaining ammo - so you take less losses from tower arrow fire when assaulting.

Set your crossbows in loose formation in a nearby elevation/bump opposite your breeches and then charge your Feudal knights (the weakest ones) to the crossbows that guard the breech. Once you take them out - its likely that they might offer staut resistance so a quick rear charge is reccomended with your other feudal knights - however this needs skill to pull off otherwise they might get caught between the longbows and the Chivalric Foot Knights unit that is your major bother. If you dont feel confident, try frontal charges of the feudal knights one unit at the time (otherwise youll take uneccessary tower losses).

Once the longbows are out of the way take a unit of chivalric knights (NOT jeans unit) and a unit remaining from the feudal knights (after you rest them a while) and enter the grounds to attract the Chivalric Foot Knights unit let them engage your knights slightly and win and then retreat the knights (control and W) - the Chivalric Foot Knights will follow them out side - once decisively out double charge them (front and rear) and annihilate them - dont let any escape (or you will regret it).

The rest is a grinder between knights units and your chivalric seargent/spearmen to pin and flank the english knights. Use the halberdiers last as they have a very poor morale and will fight effectively only once.

After you soften the enemy knights a bit (and rested your knights and spears) take all remaining units - and go. Use the hold formation/hold position for the seargents and get them forst in from one breech. The enemy will attack them - you now at the same time move Jeans BG and the halberdiers and whatever Chivalric knights you have left to flank them.

Remember that you dont need to assault the keep - just annihilate the English from the outter ring.

The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Umm, I can't add to that. Perfect. That's almost exactly how I did it.

Hey man,thanks! I couldn't think of a better answer, this really helped! Keep up a good work. Bye!