Thread: Ok, so has anyone managed to run MTW on an asus EEE 1000H?

Default Ok, so has anyone managed to run MTW on an asus EEE 1000H?

As in, will it run correctly? or will the EEE unusual resolution (1024x600) pester me into unplayability? Given that installing stuff in netbooks is a tricky and complicated affair, I thought I might ask first here before I start tinkering...

(as far as specs are concerned, it SHOULD be able to, as it does run warcraft 3, which has higher requirements. But then again, these Intel integrated graphics cards are tricky, so while you are at it, tell me about performance as well)
    Iä Cthulhu!

Default Re: Ok, so has anyone managed to run MTW on an asus EEE 1000H?

Well, MTW should play fine on the 1024x600 resolution, but I sure don't know if it'll like the integrated graphics chip. You'll either have to try it for yourself (be advised that MTW does have a history of quirks with Intel integrated GPUs) or wait for someone else who has one to tell you.
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

Intel Integrated Graphics care tricky. Are you running XP or Vista? The main issue is that because it's a notebook you will be stuck with the drivers from the manufacturer. This means few older drivers and also updates may be irregular. I'd advise you to just install it and see what happens first without tinkering and report back here.

hm, might postpone this till my exams, due to some technical hurdles to be overcome
    Iä Cthulhu!

ok, I'm going to try this tonight.

I suspect that I'll have problems, though. Running games on netbooks is a tricky issue.

I'm going to ask a guy who made it run in the asus eee forums. I dont know if he used the gold version (which is the one I have), though

PD: It works :D

PPD: but slows down noticeably. It ran better in my old laptop, despite it having less ram and less graphics card :(

I downloaded an applet that lets you overclock the intel atom to 2.2 ghz. That should be enough to play, but I'm reluctant to engage in overclocking for long periods of time. I'd rather stick to the games that I know that work (Sid Meier's alpha centauri, Dominions 3 assuming that battles with hundreds of units dont pose the same problem as with MTW...)

It's funny that warcraft 3 will run almost flawlessly but MTW wont :(
    Last edited by The Unknown Guy; 02-13-2009 at 11:41.
    Iä Cthulhu!

I tried to run MTW on Asus 1000H win Xp version- No go. Game loads (after no intro workaround) but it won't load campaign - screen starts to flicker and then CTD.

What about other Total War games, did anyone manage to run any on EEE 1000H?