Thread: Mines

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Mines

What's the most you can make from a mine? I thought most second level mines gave between 1500 and 2100 until I checked why Dalminion was making so much money and saw this:

Anybody had a mine make more? The governor does have +30% mining income, but it's still a huge amount of money, enough to upkeep a full Legion.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 01-11-2009 at 01:46.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Mines

The income from the mines depend on the number and quality of the precious metal resources in the region. Places like Dalmatia and Makedonia have several resources. As you've said, it can also be boosted by characters.

Thumbs up Re: Mines

Holy God! That is nice. Thx for the heads up, John.

I've been playing the Saka the last 3 months and oh my God, I would love to make 9,000+ in a province. The most I made with the Saka is 4,000 mnai in a province. That was only one province, the others never made more then 3,000. It would be great if someone would post the most money making provinces in EB, and the factions you need to be to make that sort of dinero.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I too would love a guide to the richest cities in the game. I usually use population, trade, and farming since mines take up so much build time. They seem like a good idea until you examine the opportunity cost from all the time you spend building nothing saving up or building the mines themselves.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 01-11-2009 at 05:45.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Not at all like my Avatar Member gamerdude873's Avatar

once, with vanilla EB, Pella was crankin out 11,000 mnai as the Romani. Too bad that campaign is long gone and i don't have any screenies.
    Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

I may be drunk Miss, but you're ugly. In the morning I'll be sober, and you'll still be ugly. -Winston Churchill

Wow. Now thats lost of money...
    Thanks for the idea. I thought mines gave lots of money (i didn't know how much) but they also cost alot.
    Usually at first I prefer port and farm development. When I have lots of money I build mines.
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    I too would love a guide to the richest cities in the game. I usually use population, trade, and farming since mines take up so much build time. They seem like a good idea until you examine the opportunity cost from all the time you spend building nothing saving up or building the mines themselves.
    Factions like Hayasdan, mines are key to your survival.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Really? I never bothered with mines, I just made peace with the Sarmatians and blocked every river crossing in the south with my awesome Caucasian Units and some FMs.

But then again, I only played until I conquered all of Armenia. Wading through the sea of Grey is not very appetizing.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Yeah, Dalminion and Pella have ridiculous mines.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Yeah indeed, Pella is now making 14,000, Demetrias 7,000, Ambrakia, Thermon and Epidamnos 6,000...
    My Balloons:

Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

The actual UP flag

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

I remember in an old thread about this, some guy had something like 16,000 in Dalminion with a really bad-ass governor. Oh wait, that guy was me!
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Yeah I made 14,000 with a "bad ass" general(10 management + tax bonus) later on it became 15,500 but he soon died
    My Balloons:

Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

The actual UP flag