Thread: Modifying castle maps?

Default Modifying castle maps?

How easy is it, or is it even possible? I'm thinking of making changes to some of the standard forts and castles as to how they appear on the battlefield and how they function. I'm not going to reveal too much as yet, but I have a few ideas as to how to change how sieges are fought.

Last edited by caravel; 01-11-2009 at 17:09.

Default Re: Modifying castle maps?

The idea i had in the past is to make Castles in the edge of the map, so the AI doesnt get obliterated from arrows as it runs around to reach the gate. I have no idea how the deploy zones would work in this case though. If the game deploys defenders inside the castle area then its possible no doubt.

Keep in mind that it will also be immenselly time consuming to take it in your own. It takes about 4 plus hours to set up a decent map and another 4 to detail it.

All castle maps are editable (as all maps) but make sure you keep records of the original in case things go wrong.

!it burnsus!
    Last edited by gollum; 01-11-2009 at 19:08.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Hmmm...

Well I'm thinking moreso of changes to the walls etc. i.e. removing a few bits and pieces, here and there...

Possible...?

possible.

!it burnsus!
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Excellent.