Thread: Problem instalating EB 1.2

Unhappy Problem instalating EB 1.2

Hello, I will try to explain my situation with my poor english. I had no problems installing EB 1.1 after I read the guide, nor in running it on my pc, but I find it impossible to install the 1.2 patch. I reinstalled RTW 1.5 and EB for about 4 or 5 times already, and after the patch, always following your instructions, but all I get is 1.1 in the screen every time I try to run the game... When I go to the RTW EB folder I created on C/ (but outside program files), I cannot find any folder or file named 1.2... is this normal? Can someone help me? Thanks

Default Re: Problem instalating EB 1.2

Please run a validation. Most likely, you have installed in the wrong folder.
    Last edited by bovi; 01-12-2009 at 06:31.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Well, I did what you said Bovi, the result was "You seem to have a corrupt install. There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details.", just like the previous time (I did it before). The list of details is too long to be reproduced here, but I can swear I send the patch to the right folder... But I´m going to install again everything, can you just tell me exactly what to do after installing EB, in order to upgrade it to 1.2? For instance, what´s exactly the boilerplate text? Should I see any reference to 1.2 in the RTW EB folder or not? Thank you very much friends.

Please post the full results.

Are you sure you didn't install into a subfolder called "[first select the RTW folder where you installed EB, then delete this]" or something to that effect?

You need to:
    * Install or in some other way have a clean 1.5 RTW installation ready for EB. Let's say that it's called "C:\RTW_EB", but you can choose anything you like. Let's call this <RTW> from now on.
    * Install EB 1.1 into <RTW>.
    * Install EB 1.2 into <RTW>.
    Last edited by bovi; 01-12-2009 at 17:07.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ok, thanks, I´ll try again. And about the boilerplate text?

I just finished installing every thing again, and the problem persists. I runned RTW 1.3 from my cd (to program files-the creative assembly-rtw - I have xp), upgraded it to 1.5, installed EB1.1 to the same folder, and then the 1.2 also to the same folder. Restarted my pc just in case and I started the game. It took about 1.30 m to get to the menu (as usual), and 1.1 was all that was there... The folder you told about, with the request to remove and everything, was there alright, inside the rtw folder, together with all the rest, and I deleted it... This is becoming very frustrating! Please help.

No. You shouldn't delete the folder, you should delete the text before installing. As in, select the RTW folder, then delete the text within the parentheses (and the parentheses themselves). So:

Not:

* Install EB 1.2 into <RTW>\[first select the RTW folder where you installed EB, then delete this].
    Last edited by bovi; 01-13-2009 at 05:54.

================
    ================

Well Bovi, I ask apologises, maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly. I have:
    and inside the folder RTW was the folder <RTW>\[first select the RTW folder where you installed EB, then delete this], and I deleted it. All the folders and files inside <RTW>\[first select the RTW folder where you installed EB, then delete this] were, apparently, in the <RTW> as well (that´s why I deleted it). So I did not
    * Install EB 1.2 into <RTW>\[first select the RTW folder where you installed EB, then delete this].
    that is very clear since the beginning.
    Has I told you, english is not my mothertongue, and I really apreciate your pacience, but I understood perfectly all your instructions, and follow it religiously, so I still count with you to help me through this. Thank you again.

Ok, I got it! I haven´t note that the text within the parentesis was still there after I select the RTW folder... Thank you

That's good, for I didn't know how to make it any clearer

================
    ================