Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Default Re: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

I think you should concentrate on one problem at a time here.

the first one I can identify is...of course....that you´re playing WOW.

WOW is teh suxxorz as we all know....stop playing it and your life should improve significantly.
    Last edited by Lemur; 01-13-2009 at 16:00.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I think you should concentrate on one problem at a time here.

the first one I can identify is...of course....that you´re playing WOW.

WOW is teh suxxorz as we all know....stop playing it and your life should improve significantly.
    Yeah and you should read his post where he explains that he doesn't play Wow anymore.
    Last edited by Lemur; 01-13-2009 at 16:00.

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fixiwee View Post
    Yeah and you should read his post where he explains that he doesn't play Wow anymore.
    In my defense....when a post begins with "I play wow" or some variation of it....it is frankly strange to expect me to read any further!
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Mon Cher,

You be suffering from dat Quixotic vision, now.

She be dat unattainable ideal you don't know yet. Your Dulcinea, so dey speak.

I tell you what though, once you get it, it ain't gonna be that no mo.

It's gonna be a fully attained RE-AL-ITY.

Bonheur.

My kingdom for a .

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Heh heh. Keep us posted, eh?
    Anyway, nothing will happen before I go back home, in the land of Cheese and Wine (shouldn't happen before march or april). But I'll try to necro this thread if it still exists by then ;)

In my defense....when a post begins with "I play wow" or some variation of it....it is frankly strange to expect me to read any further!
    Because playing WoW is so bad...Unlike playing any variation of the Total War serie, or any other video game, for that matter.
    Forgive me to go on the defensive here, but I have trouble finding how WoW is more stupid than say, spending your time on a video game forum arguing about random stuffs with people you don't know

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Ha, believe me sir when I tell you that I prefer (equally free) RL stimulation over Internet one any day But that's just me.

Maion
    Of course RL stimulation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... (n number) >>>>>> internet stimulation, but sometimes you might need some fresh blood. Depends on your personality.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Re: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    Forgive me to go on the defensive here, but I have trouble finding how WoW is more stupid than say, spending your time on a video game forum arguing about random stuffs with people you don't know
    Hearing the opinion of unknown people is sometimes more interesting than hearing the ones of people you already know.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Re: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

Because playing WoW is so bad...Unlike playing any variation of the Total War serie, or any other video game, for that matter.

It's kind of like the difference between having a girlfriend and visiting a prostitute.

My kingdom for a .

heh - talk about the pot often calling the kettle black - a dozen of orgs Senior Pets will tell you how bad it is to play Wow - better stop waisting your time and join the latest pbem - or the gameroom - or the arena - or play all existing MTW mods.

As for rationalists that cant admit being wrong - they better go back to sleeping in the weekends and sleepwalking in between.

!it burnsus!
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    It's kind of like the difference between having a girlfriend and visiting a prostitute.
    How so ? For the simple fact you're actually arguing over pointless issues on the internet, you're being a nerd. No better or worse than being a nerd by playing a MMO.
    Point is : if you waste your time on the internet doing random and useless stuff, you're a nerd. You can try to make fun of MMO players to feel better ('haha, such a group of useless antisocial idiots'), but that won't help the fact you're still wasting your time on the internet.

And I'm not even going to mention the fact that many WoW players actually have jobs and personal lives most people couldn't even dream of, and are vastly more educated than most.
    You're not better than WoW players just because you don't play WoW.

Not to mention that WoW and MMO's in general, have much more depth than all the crap not even worthy of being called video game that has been produced in the last 3 years.

Remember, generalization = bad.

I feel bad for derailling my own thread, maybe we should continue this discussion somewhere else Something like "Arguments for and against MMO's on teh internet" or "WoW should be disbanded. Immediatly".
    Last edited by Meneldil; 01-14-2009 at 00:16.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

To you original question... go for it! You cannot lose anything. Try it out and you'll see what it's like. I can't believe many people here seem to be so afraid of trying out something *seemingly* dangerous / unusual that they tell you to go away for something more boring. After all she's nine years older than you and that sounds like a ton of fun!

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

How so ? For the simple fact you're actually arguing over pointless issues on the internet, you're being a nerd. No better or worse than being a nerd by playing a MMO.
    Point is : if you waste your time on the internet doing random and useless stuff, you're a nerd. You can try to make fun of MMO players to feel better ('haha, such a group of useless antisocial idiots'), but that won't help the fact you're still wasting your time on the internet.

And I'm not even going to mention the fact that many WoW players actually have jobs and personal lives most people couldn't even dream of, and are vastly more educated than most.
    You're not better than WoW players just because you don't play WoW.

Not to mention that WoW and MMO's in general, have much more depth than all the crap not even worthy of being called video game that has been produced in the last 3 years.

Remember, generalization = bad.

I feel bad for derailling my own thread, maybe we should continue this discussion somewhere else Something like "Arguments for and against MMO's on teh internet" or "WoW should be disbanded. Immediatly".

I never said I was better than anybody.

I'm assuming, however, that unlike this site, your "WOW" is not free.

My kingdom for a .

Default Re : Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

WoW is not free, though it's considerably cheaper than buying a game per month.
    3 months of WoW = one night at the pub.

But yeah, WoW sucks, many players are idiots and/or spoiled children, etc. Sorry for my rude response. I just don't like being labelled just because I played some game/read a specific book/listen to some kind of music.

Anyway, just to give an update, for the (few) people who actually cared about it (rather than trying to burn Wowitch), she now has a boyfriend and is apparently really in love with him. I sincerely wish her to have a successful relationship (unlike the previous long one, which was a huge failure and kind of pushed her into that emo/goth mood).

My current girlfriend (who I had just met when I wrote this topic) is also awesome, to the point that I'm not bored after a few months of relationship. I'm seriously considering staying in Canada for her, so well, things ain't that bad I guess. I still feel like I won't forget that WoW girl (we'll meet once I get back to France).

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Re : Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

WoW is not free, though it's considerably cheaper than buying a game per month.
    3 months of WoW = one night at the pub.

But yeah, WoW sucks, many players are idiots and/or spoiled children, etc. Sorry for my rude response. I just don't like being labelled just because I played some game/read a specific book/listen to some kind of music.

Anyway, just to give an update, for the (few) people who actually cared about it (rather than trying to burn Wowitch), she now has a boyfriend and is apparently really in love with him. I sincerely wish her to have a successful relationship (unlike the previous long one, which was a huge failure and kind of pushed her into that emo/goth mood).

My current girlfriend (who I had just met when I wrote this topic) is also awesome, to the point that I'm not bored after a few months of relationship. I'm seriously considering staying in Canada for her, so well, things ain't that bad I guess. I still feel like I won't forget that WoW girl (we'll meet once I get back to France).
    Congratulations! Its good to see a fellow Orgahs having a happy life

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Too bad Meneldil; now you still don't know, on a personal level, whether a 'bad chick' is something that will inspire you to heights of glory, or drag you down to the depths of Hades... or bore you to tears.

Bad Chicks are like strong liquor: no man knows his limit until he has overdone it himself, on his own.

I'm pretty sure you'll get another chance, though. Best of luck on that day. When that time arrives, next week, next year, next decade, just remember one thing: you are not her. Some guys go beyond "hero", and "sympathetic savior" and fall for the trap of thinking they can mind-read. It's a false idea, that, pursued too far, leads to one helluva cleanup job for your ego, after the final crisis/breakup has happened.

Thanks for the update.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was wondering what happened here.

You 'aint alone man. as KukriKhan said, you just gotta...nope not sure i understand him.

Oh look a sold sign *wanders off*
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    You 'aint alone man. as KukriKhan said, you just gotta...nope not sure i understand him.
    Sorry. I meant to encourage him the next time he gets an opportunity to date/see/hang out with a "bad girl", as a life education measure. Afterwards, he'll know what level of personal life-drama he can handle without going insane - similar to finding out how much whiskey you can drink before you start believing you are Superman, and ought to fight that 300-pound biker who just bumped into you.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah! Wonderful analogy.

As beefy would say "I just have to find my limit"

He found it. He surpassed it. My kitchen sink suffered

thank you KK.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I guess that inquisitive and knowing phrase, "Women ey?", transcends all cultures.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

My current girlfriend (who I had just met when I wrote this topic) is also awesome, to the point that I'm not bored after a few months of relationship. I'm seriously considering staying in Canada for her, so well, things ain't that bad I guess.

Did you ever consider that you just might have some emotional problems, your current girlfriend you just met? World of Lovercraft.
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-23-2009 at 15:39.

Default Re : Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

I have no emotional problem. Or, rather, I do have some (many?) but not in that case.

What I meant is something like "my current girlfriend, whom I have met a few weeks before opening this topic (ie. mid-january)".
    I'm not too familiar with the idea notions of 'dating' and 'girlfriending' (we don't have dates in France, only more or less serious boy/girlfriends), but back then (more than two months ago), I think we were only dating. Now I'm officially called "the boyfriend" by her pals, and it's getting serious.

Anyway, thanks for the reassuring words, glad to see that I'm not the only one who have fallen for 'bad chicks'. Nice to know also that it is worth the try if only to live an interesting experience before being driven insane. Hope I'll get to try by myself, and hence be cured from my affliction.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Sorry. I meant to encourage him the next time he gets an opportunity to date/see/hang out with a "bad girl", as a life education measure. Afterwards, he'll know what level of personal life-drama he can handle without going insane - similar to finding out how much whiskey you can drink before you start believing you are Superman, and ought to fight that 300-pound biker who just bumped into you.
    The thing with "bad girls", in my experience at least, is that having to fight that 300-pound biker guy is nothing compared with the things "bad girls" can do to your soul.

Somehow, I'm not so sure if the "education" and "life experience" you get from it is worth it. Oh well.

Sounds like you have a very good relationship at the moment, Meneldil. And as a bonus, you get the chance of living abroad for at least a couple of months You shouldn't throw that away for an adventurous experience with a crazy, exciting girl.
    Last edited by Andres; 03-25-2009 at 09:35.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Blog Entries

Well... it seems as though most people have given you their opinions. Hopefully things stay well enough with your current, but just in case you find yourself in such a situation where seeing this other person is possible. I say go for it.

Here's my reason why: It seems like even now you can't let go of it. So just give yourself the proverbial food for thought, get it out of your system, if its everything you hyped it up to be, great, if not, then lesson learned.

Default Re: Re : Since everyone seems to explain his own personal drama...

I have no emotional problem. Or, rather, I do have some (many?) but not in that case.

What I meant is something like "my current girlfriend, whom I have met a few weeks before opening this topic (ie. mid-january)".
    I'm not too familiar with the idea notions of 'dating' and 'girlfriending' (we don't have dates in France, only more or less serious boy/girlfriends), but back then (more than two months ago), I think we were only dating. Now I'm officially called "the boyfriend" by her pals, and it's getting serious.

Anyway, thanks for the reassuring words, glad to see that I'm not the only one who have fallen for 'bad chicks'. Nice to know also that it is worth the try if only to live an interesting experience before being driven insane. Hope I'll get to try by myself, and hence be cured from my affliction.
    LOL. In my case, the choices were:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    whether a 'bad chick' is something that will inspire you to heights of glory, or
    drag you down to the depths of Hades...
    or bore you to tears.
    all three things happened, in that order. Boredom resulted from the tedium of dealing with yet another personal crisis, after 16 previous crises. I came to the conclusion, that for some people, and for this woman in particular, "crisis" was her preferred state of being. She/they got a 'rush' from it. Every solution applied merely generated another problem.

Your mileage (and tolerance) may vary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12