Thread: Karthage+reforms

Default Karthage+reforms

Sorry if this is an old one, but do you have to do anything to get Karthages military reforms, or do they come with the standard Polybius reform?

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

Default Re: Karthage+reforms

go read the faq mate

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by satalexton View Post
    go read the faq mate
    Your so right thanks.

Why did i expect that one
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

Well unfortunate thread, but...

Carthage after reforms is a monster.

African elite pikes, african elite infantry, heavy spearmen(libyo-phoeni), scutari, lancarii, the list goes on...

I mean hell it's really impossible to defeat a carthaginian reformed army. Specially when units of golden chevron african pikes, and other elite units pop-out out of nowhere to fight your polybian legions(no idea how that happened, I suspect rebellion).

Meh you get the pikes pre-reform, and the Iberian units are all regional, except for the Iberian Assault Infantry. To wit, from what I recall, the reform units you get are: Elite African Infantry, Libyan and Liby-Phoenician Heavies, Iberian Assault Infantry. Everything else is pre-reform. In fact, the Carthage reform is probably the least impacting of the reforms out there, as the regionals you will get by building all those L5 MICs alone will make Carthage a damn potent force. Their elite pikes that they get pre-reform are just plain mean and will take on huge odds in auto-calc and win. Which is why the Carthage AI tends to do really well once it starts churning out the Elite African pikes.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Heh, tell that to my 1st Legion, Southern Italy, and Cotta the Drunkard and Despoiler of Virgins. We took down walls of reformed Iberian Assault Infantry before and after the reforms. Not fun but we did it. We had an elephant BBQ and got plastered afterwards and raped some stuff too. They sure were some good times in Sicily.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

-Build at least 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)
    Does that mean I have to build L5 regional MICs in ALL of these cities or in 5 of them?

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter View Post
    Does that mean I have to build L5 regional MICs in ALL of these cities or in 5 of them?
    Only five cities, although you still get the reforms if you wait till 200BC.
    Last edited by lenin96; 01-17-2009 at 09:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberHRE View Post
    Well unfortunate thread, but...
    Yeah sorry, I don't have internet at home(will have soon) and work has been busy, so I desired a quick answer and wasn't thinking.

Anyway it enabled me to get moving fast towards the reforms last night. It's 224BC and I have 750,000 in the bank ready for nice shiny new troops. Still not at war with Rome yet, I would of thought they would of moved into Spain by now, their just by the border, waiting!

My main prob before the reforms is I find some of the skins a little bland for my taste, so I have just been waiting.

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    Only five cities, although you still get the reforms if you wait till 200BC.
    I thought I had to build 5 L5 regional MICs AND wait until 200 then... ?

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter View Post
    I thought I had to build 5 L5 regional MICs AND wait until 200 then... ?
    No, you only have to wait til 200BC if you 'don't' meet the conditions of holding the correct cities and having 5 L5 regional MICs(in the right cities).
    Last edited by Digby Tatham Warter; 01-17-2009 at 16:30.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Heh, tell that to my 1st Legion, Southern Italy, and Cotta the Drunkard and Despoiler of Virgins. We took down walls of reformed Iberian Assault Infantry before and after the reforms. Not fun but we did it. We had an elephant BBQ and got plastered afterwards and raped some stuff too. They sure were some good times in Sicily.
    You Romaioi are proving me you are more and more Barbaroi with every passing day

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 01-18-2009 at 15:37.
    ~Maion

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

exactly, I second to that! *goes back to scribbling*

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus