Thread: I have a 2.2ghz CPU, 256MB graphics card, and 1GB RAM, will I be able to run ETW?

Question I have a 2.2ghz CPU, 256MB graphics card, and 1GB RAM, will I be able to run ETW?

Also, how much disk space will be required?

There's still no info about the system requirements on the totalwar.com site.

I read through the thread on this board from several months ago, but there is no substantive information about system requirements for ETW in that thread, just a lot of speculation.

Since the March release date appears to be firm, someone at CA should have some system requirements by now... can someone from the game developer please give us an update?

P.S.- I can play MTWII without any problems using my current setup.

Thanks!

Default Re: I have a 2.2ghz CPU, 256MB graphics card, and 1GB RAM, will I be able to run ETW?

Minimum System Specs

2.4Ghz single core processor
    256MB Gfx card (DX9 compaitble)
    1GB RAM (For XP, 2GB if using Vista)

The only official released specs. According to Best Buy and Amazaon, it will take up 10GB of space. They also say you only need 512MB XP/1GB Vista for the ram, so dunno.
    Last edited by Fondor_Yards; 01-14-2009 at 22:43.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Default Re: I have a 2.2ghz CPU, 256MB graphics card, and 1GB RAM, will I be able to run ETW?

Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards View Post
    Minimum System Specs

2.4Ghz single core processor
    256MB Gfx card (DX9 compaitble)
    1GB RAM (For XP, 2GB if using Vista)

The only official released specs. According to Best Buy and Amazaon, it will take up 10GB of space. They also say you only need 512MB XP/1GB Vista for the ram, so dunno.

Many thanks for that info.

It's too bad 2.4ghz CPU is the minimum though. I don't think I can justify upgrading my PC just for this game. Can I ask where you got that info? Could you post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by BeenPlayingSinceRTW View Post

It's too bad 2.4ghz CPU is the minimum though. I don't think I can justify upgrading my PC just for this game. Can I ask where you got that info? Could you post a link?
    Well, Best Buy only has 2ghz CPU requirement so maybe there is hope

ON BEST BUY:
    Minimum PC System Requirements
    PC Processor TypeIntel® processor, AMD processorPC Processor Speed2GHz
    PC Operating SystemWindows XP, Windows VistaPC
    System Memory512MB RAM
    PC Hard Drive Space10GB
    PC Video128MB NVIDIA GeForce 5 or ATI RADEON video card with Shader Model 2
    PC Additional RequirementsInternet service required to access online features

ON AMAZON:
    PC Minimum System Requirements:
    Processor: 3 ghz single core, or 2 ghz dual core or AMD equivalent
    RAM: XP: 512 MB System RAM
    Vista: 1 GB System RAM
    Video Card: GeForce 5 series or better, or ATI equivalent (shader model 2 is supported)
    Graphics Memory: 128 MB
    System Memory: 10 GB free disk space

Hi welcome to the guild.

Well Considering that your stats are close to mine(other than the 256 card) I am with you in hoping it will be atleast normal unit sizes with little to no lag on lowest settings at 1024x768. But you never know we might get lucky.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

You should really look at getting another gig of ram, even if you meet the min reqs with 1 I can tell you than when a dev says 1gig they really mean 2.

Ram is probably the cheapest thing to upgrade, i recently splurged a bit and got 4gigs of the stuff for a pretty good price from Crucial. Grabbing another gig of ram will probably set you back about 15-20 dollars. Maybe even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards
    They also say you only need 512MB XP/1GB Vista for the ram, so dunno.
    Sounds like whoever is writing those websites is taking huge shots in the dark to me. 512 ram? I seriously doubt that since in recent years, 1gig for xp and 2g for vista has almost become an unofficial bar that you must meet. If I was a betting man* i'd say the min specs for RAM are 1gig for XP, 2gig for Vista.

*And i'm not. BUT IF I WAS!
    Last edited by Monk; 01-14-2009 at 23:33.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

I think you will be able to play it. Playing, however, only means getting the game started so you may or may not have really bad lag in the campaign map or on the battlefield
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

well, it says 2.2ghz single core processor, would a 1.86 dual-core work? 'Cuz I really dont wanna upgade my computer....

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Huh, it looks like my several year old computer is within the minimum specs (although I can't remember if my processor is a 2.2ghz dual-core, or 2.4...).
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

hey, can anybody estimate from these specs what the recommended specifications would be? For that matter, has CA announced any recommended specs?
    As to your computer, it might work in campaign mode without too much lag, but i wouldn't trust it for the battles, especially not in multiplayer. My friend had a computer similar to that and could not play the battles in M2TW-it was too laggy. You would probably need a bit more RAM and a better CPU.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My guess at recommended:

2.6Ghz Single Core
    2gig ram (xp)/3-4 gig ram (vista)
    512mb Graphics Card (a decent one too, high 8000 or 9000 Nvidea series, I dont know how they compare to other brands like ATI)
    etc etc

CA have stated they wish ETW to be playable for a large range of computers, so you can always hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

I'll hazard a guess at the recommended specs. For medium to high settings at with normal unit size, large battle and no lag.

2.4ghz Dualcore or 3.0ghz single core.
    2 Gig DDR2 RAM (XP) or 3-4 Gig DDR2 RAM (Vista)
    High end 256mb graphics card, or standard 512mb graphics card
    10 Gig of free hard drive space

Remember, whatever CA release as the officially recommended, you will always need more. Companies are almost always very generous with what they think a system will do. If your parts are old, or your PC a little dusty, it can really affect the performance.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Remember, whatever CA release as the officially recommended, you will always need more.
    Yea, verily, these are words to live by.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by BeenPlayingSinceRTW View Post

That's their released specs, there's a thread here somewhere with it, I know TWC's is stickied.

The original New Posts containing them at the ETW site.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    2.6Ghz Single Core
    2gig ram (xp)/3-4 gig ram (vista)
    512mb Graphics Card (a decent one too, high 8000 or 9000 Nvidea series, I dont know how they compare to other brands like ATI)
    etc etc.
    For ATI, I would expect the recommended to be the 3000 series or higher
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards View Post
    That's their released specs, there's a thread here somewhere with it, I know TWC's is stickied.

The original New Posts containing them at the ETW site.
    Thanks for the link.

It looks like 2.2ghz will not be enough.