Thread: Weather in battle

Default Weather in battle

Is it possible to find out what the weather will be before you enter battle? I ask because I mostly use Ha's armies and when it rains I do worse than I'd do normally. It used to tell me the weather in MTW but they seem to have left that feature out for MTW2 or it it something I'm overlooking?
    Last edited by oz_wwjd; 02-26-2009 at 13:00.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Weather in battle

Can't tell really. You only see the weather when the battle is loaded. Don't worry though, its entirely possible for it to change during battle, though that's quite rare.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oz_wwjd View Post
    Is it possible to find out what the weather will be before you enter battle? I ask because I mostly use Ha's armies and when it rains I do worse than I'd do normally. It used to tell me the weather in MTW but they seem to have left that feature out for MTW2 or it it something I'm overlooking?
    Can't you just wait a few times before the actual battle starts, the weather always changes when you wait. I never ever fight in foggy conditions.

Revolutionary Member The New Che Guevara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    Can't tell really. You only see the weather when the battle is loaded. Don't worry though, its entirely possible for it to change during battle, though that's quite rare.
    I dont think my battles would last enough to let the weather change...
    The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggle. The workers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to gain. Workers of the world, UNITE! - Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus.JC View Post
    Can't you just wait a few times before the actual battle starts, the weather always changes when you wait. I never ever fight in foggy conditions.
    Same with me cause AI won't be to badly distorted by fog as you are and in America the forests are really annoying shame you can't ust wait and then they'll disappear :P
    Last of the Romans - Efthymios ek Sparteos

I hate playing in the stupid rain and fog when I am in sunny climes so much that I will reload. Very often I'll get different weather. Weather doesn't appear to affect combat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
    I hate playing in the stupid rain and fog when I am in sunny climes so much that I will reload. Very often I'll get different weather. Weather doesn't appear to affect combat at all.
    Weather doesn't affect the units, but they do affect the player.

I don't mind the rain, but playing in foggy conditions normally end up with disastrous results.

Quote Originally Posted by miniwally
    in America the forests are really annoying shame you can't ust wait and then they'll disappear :P
    I had some spectacular defeats becasue of them.

Weather doesn't affect the units, but they do affect the player.

I don't mind the rain, but playing in foggy conditions normally end up with disastrous results.

I had some spectacular defeats becasue of them.
    On Britannia campaign lost my King due to fog :'(

It doesn't affect units? Did not know that! I assumed archers would be less accurate, because of strong wind and wet bow strings.

On the other hand I had an awesome siege during a huge thunderstorm, the rain was pouring like no tomorrow and lightning was flashing every minute. Really cool weather.

Where's your head at? Member Galain_Ironhide's Avatar

I just press the "wait" button until the conditions are more suitable. However, fighting the odd battle in the fog or the rain can be fun for a challenge.

As MStumm mentioned above, I love defending a siege in thunder storms. Adds a little to the suspense and awe to it all.
    Last edited by Galain_Ironhide; 02-28-2009 at 03:22.
    - 'Let's finish the game.' - Josiah Gordon "Doc" Scurlock

Read my AAR - BC Kingdom of Jerusalem - For Faith or Greed

i thought rain did affect archers. I know snow helps some units (not sure which) and rain weakens the greek flamethrower things in the crusade expansion

Quote Originally Posted by miniwally View Post
    i thought rain did affect archers. I know snow helps some units (not sure which) and rain weakens the greek flamethrower things in the crusade expansion
    I still thinks weather doesn't play an effect to the units. Battle terrain certainly does, such units gets bonus fighting in snowy and desert conditions, but they don't get bonus fighting while snowing or in a desert storm.

I'm still not 100% sure though, would some expert come and clarify this?

I still thinks weather doesn't play an effect to the units. Battle terrain certainly does, such units gets bonus fighting in snowy and desert conditions, but they don't get bonus fighting while snowing or in a desert storm.

I'm still not 100% sure though, would some expert come and clarify this?
    good point apart from you missed out that i said greek flamethrowers do get worse in snow (worse damage done by there weopon) so at least one unit gets damages

Quote Originally Posted by miniwally View Post
    good point apart from you missed out that i said greek flamethrowers do get worse in snow (worse damage done by there weopon) so at least one unit gets damages
    Sorry I misunderstood your words. I never fought with them in snow since the crusades campaign hardly has any, so I had no idea about that, thanks for the tips.

oops sorry i meant rain :P i guess they should do worse in snow as well