Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

  1. #1

    Default Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, Creative Assembly have released the 5th chapter of the trailer, the one for multiplayer. Link below:

    http://www.empire-total-war.org/2009...iler-released/

  2. #2
    Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Good video but the blog is really great!

    Thanks ETWUnofficial


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  3. #3
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Good find! I was just about to post this :P.

    How are you people so quick with the news? It's unnatural I tells ye.

    Perhaps this should also be posted in the Multiplayer section? I'll let you do the honors ETWUnofficial.

    Things the Video Tells Us:

    * A variety of customisable multiplayer modes
    * Steam Achievements! (Yes! I totally predicted this!)
    * Persistent online career
    * Compete in ranked matches
    * There are rocket launchers.
    Last edited by Sir Beane; 01-15-2009 at 18:19.


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  4. #4
    Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    4,979

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Heh, I'm a sucker for steam achievements, so maybe I'll try multiplayer this time.

  5. #5
    Mercury Member Thermal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    "United" Kingdom
    Posts
    5,429
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    great find, what exactly are steam achievements what will it include? least impressive of the 5 videos but still worth watching, and it was indeed about multiplayer, but didnt mention a multiplayer campaign so much

  6. #6
    Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    4,979

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Steam achievements are basically little medals you get for completing certain things in a game.

    Here are the achievements for Team Fortress 2, a multiplayer shooter on Steam.

    They're essentially meaningless, but when done with humor I find them pretty entertaining.

  7. #7
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    Steam achievements are basically little medals you get for completing certain things in a game.

    Here are the achievements for Team Fortress 2, a multiplayer shooter on Steam.

    They're essentially meaningless, but when done with humor I find them pretty entertaining.
    Well said! They had better be funny. If the take themselves too seriously it really wont work at all.

    I'm looking forward to witty little comments and joke awards rewarding me for doing rediculous things in-game. Like repeatedly killing my own generals with cannon fire for instance.


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  8. #8
    Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Well said! They had better be funny. If the take themselves too seriously it really wont work at all.

    I'm looking forward to witty little comments and joke awards rewarding me for doing rediculous things in-game. Like repeatedly killing my own generals with cannon fire for instance.
    Good Joke!

    Now here is a History Lesson right up your ally.

    At the siege of Fort Niagara(July 1759) Brigadier General, John Prideaux supervising his mortars, managed to place his head in the arc of fire from one of his own guns when it was fired. Command of the British army fell to Sir William Johnson. The French capitulated on July 26 after a French relief force was defeated at the Battle of La Belle-Famille two miles south of the fort.


    It is important for Generals to keep their heads when under fire.

    Also an example of when friendly fire isn’t .


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  9. #9
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    Good Joke!

    Now here is a History Lesson right up your ally.

    At the siege of Fort Niagara(July 1759) Brigadier General, John Prideaux supervising his mortars, managed to place his head in the arc of fire from one of his own guns when it was fired. Command of the British army fell to Sir William Johnson. The French capitulated on July 26 after a French relief force was defeated at the Battle of La Belle-Famille two miles south of the fort.


    It is important for Generals to keep their heads when under fire.

    Also an example of when friendly fire isn’t .
    That must have been embaressing (for the fraction of a second before his head got blown off)!

    I shall take heed of this warning and keep my General well away from anything that goes whiz, boom, or splat. Unless he has annoyed me in some way. Or I get really bored. Or if there really is an Achivement involving mincing your own side.

    On a side note I find friendly fire to be one of the stupidest choices of term I have ever heard. Coming under fire is never friendly, unless the guns doing the firing shoot rainbows or chocolate (which I assume is rare in warfare.)

    Calling it friendly fire diminishes the severity. There should really be a change in terminology.


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  10. #10
    Member Megas Methuselah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Prairie Grasslands
    Posts
    5,040

    Thumbs up Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

  11. #11
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!
    I gather this is good news for you then Meths?


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  12. #12
    Member Megas Methuselah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Prairie Grasslands
    Posts
    5,040

    Thumbs up Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Heh heh. Imma go buy a new Total War outfit for ETW. My old cape and sword don't quite fit in with this period...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Anyone else kinda meh about the this one?
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

    Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

  14. #14
    Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    4,979

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    It's a little hard to sex up multiplayer - it's single player without the campaign but against real people (I'm purposefully ignoring the hotseat stuff because the trailer doesn't mention it).

    I mean, some people probably really dig it, but it's fundamental. Kind of like a good pie. I mean, what are you going to say? "It has a sweet crust, and the pumpkin filling? Knock-out." There's not a lot of (new) features to talk about.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Heh heh. Imma go buy a new Total War outfit for ETW. My old cape and sword don't quite fit in with this period...
    go here!

    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...52#post2108552


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  16. #16
    Mercury Member Thermal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    "United" Kingdom
    Posts
    5,429
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards View Post
    Anyone else kinda meh about the this one?
    yes i am, and there better be a multiplayer campaign or else!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Good find! I was just about to post this :P.

    How are you people so quick with the news? It's unnatural I tells ye.
    Heh, just a lucky check of the official site really. I had a spare 5 minutes at work so I'd thought I'd take a quick look... and then I got all excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post

    Perhaps this should also be posted in the Multiplayer section? I'll let you do the honors ETWUnofficial.
    Um, I'm not sure how to move it? I thought only mods could do that..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Things the Video Tells Us:

    * A variety of customisable multiplayer modes
    * Steam Achievements! (Yes! I totally predicted this!)
    * Persistent online career
    * Compete in ranked matches
    * There are rocket launchers.
    I am most excited about the rocket launchers... I love stuff that flies, is loud, involves fire and/or looks cool... and all the boxes are checked in this case

  18. #18

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by ETWUnofficial View Post
    Um, I'm not sure how to move it? I thought only mods could do that..



    I am most excited about the rocket launchers... I love stuff that flies, is loud, involves fire and/or looks cool... and all the boxes are checked in this case
    I think the ever modest Sir Beane is letting you repost it in that forum too. The Brits had those rocket launchers in N2TW, they were fun but basically useless unless your super lucky. *Which alas, I am not and am just happy I didn't hit my own men.*
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

    Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

  19. #19
    Member Member Polemists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Lou
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    So now that we have the last dev diary, what are we supposed to do for the rest of Jan. and all of Feb.?

    I suddenly feel a great deal of despair.


    I'll hope for demo.........

  20. #20
    Member Megas Methuselah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Prairie Grasslands
    Posts
    5,040

    Exclamation Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Hope all you want, friend. I'm going to send hate mails to CA telling them to hurry up. Situations like this require action!

  21. #21
    Member Member Polemists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Lou
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    So....let me get this straight


    You think if CA hates us enough, they will give us a demo?

  22. #22
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Polemists View Post
    So....let me get this straight


    You think if CA hates us enough, they will give us a demo?
    Well trying to make them like us enough to get one hasn't worked, so why not give it a go?

    Or we could wait patiently, but where's the fun in that?


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  23. #23
    Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Well trying to make them like us enough to get one hasn't worked, so why not give it a go?

    Or we could wait patiently, but where's the fun in that?
    Break out the rum! Break out the gin! Toddy up some laudanum! Maybe a sailor has some opium?

    By the time we are done awaiting this consarned thing we will all be as Mad as old King George!

    Give a care CA!

    You can’t depend on sales to madmen!


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  24. #24
    Member Megas Methuselah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Prairie Grasslands
    Posts
    5,040

    Thumbs up Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!



    Oh man, we would make the best pirate crew evah!

  25. #25
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post


    Oh man, we would make the best pirate crew evah!
    Seconded! I claim the boatswain position! Now all we need is a flag! And possibly a boat...

    I suggest our first act of piracy be to raid CA HQ and make off with the latest version of Empire! Make US wait will they?

    Let us break out the grog to celebrate!

    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!



    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  26. #26

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards View Post
    I think the ever modest Sir Beane is letting you repost it in that forum too.
    Ahh right

    Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards View Post
    The Brits had those rocket launchers in N2TW, they were fun but basically useless unless your super lucky. *Which alas, I am not and am just happy I didn't hit my own men.*
    They'll be great for any joke friendly-fire steam achievements then!

  27. #27
    Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by ETWUnofficial View Post

    They'll be great for any joke friendly-fire steam achievements then!
    Look there Sir Beane!

    You’ll have wonderful opportunities for “friendly fire”!

    Keep those General in front of your cannon!

    It is something I should have remembered to do in M2TW with all of my dangerously mad heirs…which were practically all my generals for some reason….


    Oh my!!!

    We may have our first exploit and we don’t even have the game yet!


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  28. #28
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    Look there Sir Beane!

    You’ll have wonderful opportunities for “friendly fire”!

    Keep those General in front of your cannon!

    It is something I should have remembered to do in M2TW with all of my dangerously mad heirs…which were practically all my generals for some reason….


    Oh my!!!

    We may have our first exploit and we don’t even have the game yet!
    Most excellent. Any General who offends me will quickly be seeing what a firework looks like from extremely close up.

    In Empire we may just be able to fire poor Generals, but where is the fun in that?

    Now if only we could load unpopular ministers or heirs into a cannon...


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  29. #29
    Mercury Member Thermal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    "United" Kingdom
    Posts
    5,429
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    lets make it happen

  30. #30

    Default Re: Chapter 5: Multiplayer trailer released!

    Achievement Achieved!

    Red vs Red, Blue vs Blue

    Kill 20,000 of your own or allied men.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

    Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO