Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Garde Imperiale

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default La Garde Imperiale

Announcing my intention to found an Empire Total War Multiplayer Clan called “La Garde Imperiale” (The Imperial Guard). And yes I know that there are other Clans for Total War and other games called, Imperial, and Guard, and even Imperial Guard (i.e. Clan Imperial Guard). But this Clan will be unique in its name, and unique in its purpose.

La Garde Imperiale will be formed on the single premise of constructing and deploying the most successful multiplayer teams the competitions of the Total War community have ever seen. Through a strict system of ranking and organization, biased on skill and dedication, Le Garde will strive to develop the highest quality teams, and enter them in any and all "team" competitions our community can provide.

I am posting this now to provide a platform for the discussion of the above intention. After all initial observations have been voiced; a final detailed invitation will be presented.

If you would like to know more about the original Guard Infantry of the Napoleonic Wars (1805 – 1815), and La Garde Imperiale in particular, please visit the following link:

http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/IM...infantry_1.htm

Vive l'Empereur !

(And no I don't speak French, hopefully not obviously )
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-17-2009 at 16:36. Reason: added French note
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Default Re: La Garde Imperiale

Tomi returning to MP :o

Good luck

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh Boy!

The question has been ask:

Can you be a member of La Garde and another Clan?

La Garde is more like an enlistment in an army.

That requires that you will have to be present for practice and battle, to the exclusion of all other commitments.

Not showing up as pre-agreed, without notification and a damn-good reason, will be the fastest way out of this organization.

Although you could still be a member of another Clan or Association, La Garde would have to take priority during seasons-of-war (competition periods).

And then there is still the problem of conflict of interest should your “other group” be an opponent in a particular competition.

I will have to say that it will have to be considered on a case by case basis. Some situations wont work , some will
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-17-2009 at 21:55.

too much ronin in my blood tomi. good luck! many victories to le garde imperiale!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    The question has been ask:

Can you be a member of La Garde and another Clan?

La Garde is more like an enlistment in an army.

That requires that you will have to be present for practice and battle, to the exclusion of all other commitments.

Not showing up as pre-agreed, without notification and a damn-good reason, will be the fastest way out of this organization.

Although you could still be a member of another Clan or Association, La Garde would have to take priority during seasons-of-war (competition periods).

And then there is still the problem of conflict of interest should your “other group” be an opponent in a particular competition.

I will have to say that it will have to be considered on a case by case basis. Some situations wont work , some will
    So this isn't really a laid back organization i can throw myself into for scenario sakes if I wanted to join?

For example you would have to be available most weekends and attend practise at set times?

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Quote Originally Posted by t1master View Post
    too much ronin in my blood tomi. good luck! many victories to le garde imperiale!
    Thanks Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    So this isn't really a laid back organization i can throw myself into for scenario sakes if I wanted to join?

For example you would have to be available most weekends and attend practise at set times?
    Hi Tibi

One general example; during the Spring and Fall contest Seasons (approximately 4 months each) you might have two scheduled meetings per month. It all depends on how the war is going (if your team is winning contest rounds). But all necessary personnel would be notified well in advance, and each personally agree to set aside the two to four hour periods for scheduled practice or matches.

Its really is not all that demanding, but if you assume the responsibility to play on a competitive team in a given contest, you must be there. It’s like any other sports team activity; your team will be counting on you to show up.

Now not every member of La Garde will be on team all the time, teams will be chosen by team leaders for specific events. If you don’t get picked or can’t commit to the specific time frame, you won’t be scheduled.

So you do what you can. But if you say you can, you will be expected to do
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-18-2009 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Thanks Tim

Hi Tibi

One general example; during the Spring and Fall contest Seasons (approximately 4 months each) you might have two scheduled meetings per month. It all depends on how the war is going (if your team is winning contest rounds). But all necessary personnel would be notified well in advance, and each personally agree to set aside the two to four hour periods for scheduled practice or matches.

Its really is not all that demanding, but if you assume the responsibility to play on a competitive team in a given contest, you must be there. It’s like any other sports team activity; your team will be counting on you to show up.

Now not every member of La Garde will be on team all the time, teams will be chosen by team leaders for specific events. If you don’t get picked or can’t commit to the specific time frame, you won’t be scheduled.

So you do what you can. But if you say you can, you will be expected to do
    Ah I get you. Sounds good Tomi. Lets just hope Empire delivers to our expectations now.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Interesting...
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Wishazu View Post
    Interesting...
    Hi Wish

Since coming up with the idea of a team based, competition oriented organization; ideas have been accumulating on how it might be structured, and how it would work.

Unfortunately not much more can be really be accomplished until people are convinced that the game it’s self will work properly.

But because a lot of thought has already gone into what all “might be”, let me present what I have so far as kind of a base plan, so that folks might muse on the possibilities.

First; for sanity’s sake, as beautiful as the French language is, and as accurate as the name “La Garde Imperiale” is, this team players association will have to be known as simply “The Guard” from here on out. Titled “La Garde Imperiale”, but called “The Guard”,

The Guard – The Concept

The Guard is at the same time a monarchy, a democracy, and a republic. It is also in a sense simultaneously communistic and capitalistic.

A monarchy: because there is one central source of command and control.

A democracy: because Combat Leaders are elected by the membership.

A republic: because Combat Leaders select their Teams from the membership.

Communistic: because every member is a General Officer, with equal rights.

And capitalistic: because The Guard celebrates the accumulation of personal accomplishments.

The Guard is not a Clan in the usual description, because it is not exclusive. You can belong to as many other organizations and associations as you wish, providing that if there is any direct conflict of interest in a particular competition event, that you exclude your participation as a Guard member.

The Guard in general has no secret strategies or tactics to protect; so can remain open and transparent to the community. Its strength and eventual success will come from its organizational design, and the ingenuity of its membership in teamwork application.

The Guard – The Construction

The Guard is a membership register for Empire Total War players interested in what they consider to be the ultimate battlefield experience of Team versus Team competition.

On signing up for The Guard, players submit their “general availability statistics”. This information enables administration to form Battle Groups of players “most likely” to be able to get together “most easily” .The “most” in the previous sentence refers to the possibility, not any kind commitment at this stage.

All members of The Guard are encouraged to report any Team competition start-ups they come across anywhere in the community. The specifics will be investigated, and if suitable to our interests, a plan formed to orchestrate our response.

Battle Groups are notified, teams organized, envoys sent, practice commences, all these activities are set in motion, geared to responding to a single contest specification. All members eligible by their availability information will have the opportunity to submit themselves for duty.

This is the point of commitment, with all the requirements of this particular mission on the table. Even then, because “stuff happens”, notification is all that is necessary to drop out of a particular commitment, and we will have reserve players standing by to take your place.

Salute!
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-25-2009 at 15:25.

Blog Entries

Not a bad idea! Can I join it the fun ?
    (Must talk to GOTW superios first, but doubt it be a problem).

Quote Originally Posted by ||GoTW||Warman||Sldr||-III-|| View Post
    Not a bad idea! Can I join it the fun ?
    (Must talk to GOTW superios first, but doubt it be a problem).
    Get your ok Wars, and watch for a duty registration sign up notice sometime this week.

We still have a ways to go until March, but it won’t hurt to collect information now, get settled in

Bayonets, Sabers, and Guns, Oh My!
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-26-2009 at 01:50.

Blog Entries

Will the group have any awards that members can earn ?

Nothing in stone yet, but I would like to set up acknowledgements for participation in a competition, for being on match winning Team, and for being on the Team that wins the competition for The Guard. Possibly bronze, silver, and gold hash marks, with stars for multiple event earnings. Just a little something for under your Guard message board avatar maybe, and of course there will be the trophies from the tourneys won, to decorate you signature.

Blog Entries

Excellet

Blog Entries

Something wrong now Tib?

Something wrong now Tib?
    Nope you just make me giggle Warman.

Not in an offensive way or anything.

Last edited by tibilicus; 01-27-2009 at 23:51.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    Nope you just make me giggle Warman.

Not in an offensive way or anything.

I make myself giggle also

Through many twists and turns of birthing a new organization, we are now open for business

The Imperial Guard is a membership register of Empire:Total War players interested in building multiplayer teams, to participate in community competitions.

To sign up for Guard Membership please add your Steam Profile name to our Guard Enlistment forum.

http://tig.yuku.com/

All are welcome, no restrictions, and no commitments.

"My motto has always been: A career open to all talents, without distinctions of birth." "Be successful !" Napoleon Bonaparte

As it may not be readily apparent, please let me explain the roll of the Guard in the community.

The Guard is for everyone and anyone, Ronin and Clan member, all players who love “big battle” Team multiplayer.

Not every Clan participates in multiplayer Team competitions, and except for rare arrangements, Ronin are excluded from Team competitions because they are not Clan members.

The Guard makes it possible for anyone to join, practice, and compete on a multiplayer Team, with no extended commitment.

Guard Teams are formed for specific events, practice against each other, do their best in that contest, and then disband.

The Guard it’s self is just a list or roster of folks who would like to take part in the extreme experience of organized Team warfare, but have or want to be able to do it on an as-possible basis.

A clearing house for warrior generals of all stripes!

Hail from the Freedom Fighters!
    May Success paves the way for La Guarde Imperiale and Honour guides its path!

Annie
    Last edited by LadyAnn; 02-01-2009 at 18:12.
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello LadyAnn.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Hello TosaInu.

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAnn View Post
    Hail from the Freedom Fighters!
    May Success paves the way for La Guarde Imperiale and Honour guides its path!

Annie
    Thank You Annie

A Hardy Salute to the Freedom Fighters!

Hope to see you in the new game

Still reading your book recommendation (The Battle), it’s great!

Many thanks

Tomi

A friendly recommendation:
    Carry your Emperor if you must, but don't let hemorroid keep him off his saddle! :D

Anniep

Wish you best of luck with this guild.

I'm not joining clans do to timezones and fact only online gaming I plan is the 1v1 campaign map (never enjoyed custom battles much. )

Still good luck, and wish you many victories abroad.

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Timezones? There are EU clans, NA clans, and Azn clans :P The only people who get screwed for competition are Oz and NZ, though we have one of those in my clan too :D

Blog Entries

I understood all the terms you said but the Oz. What the hell does Oz stand for?

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Australians....
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast