Thread: La Garde Imperiale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default La Garde Imperiale

Announcing my intention to found an Empire Total War Multiplayer Clan called “La Garde Imperiale” (The Imperial Guard). And yes I know that there are other Clans for Total War and other games called, Imperial, and Guard, and even Imperial Guard (i.e. Clan Imperial Guard). But this Clan will be unique in its name, and unique in its purpose.

La Garde Imperiale will be formed on the single premise of constructing and deploying the most successful multiplayer teams the competitions of the Total War community have ever seen. Through a strict system of ranking and organization, biased on skill and dedication, Le Garde will strive to develop the highest quality teams, and enter them in any and all "team" competitions our community can provide.

I am posting this now to provide a platform for the discussion of the above intention. After all initial observations have been voiced; a final detailed invitation will be presented.

If you would like to know more about the original Guard Infantry of the Napoleonic Wars (1805 – 1815), and La Garde Imperiale in particular, please visit the following link:

http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/IM...infantry_1.htm

Vive l'Empereur !

(And no I don't speak French, hopefully not obviously )
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-17-2009 at 16:36. Reason: added French note
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Default Re: La Garde Imperiale

Tomi returning to MP :o

Good luck

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh Boy!

The question has been ask:

Can you be a member of La Garde and another Clan?

La Garde is more like an enlistment in an army.

That requires that you will have to be present for practice and battle, to the exclusion of all other commitments.

Not showing up as pre-agreed, without notification and a damn-good reason, will be the fastest way out of this organization.

Although you could still be a member of another Clan or Association, La Garde would have to take priority during seasons-of-war (competition periods).

And then there is still the problem of conflict of interest should your “other group” be an opponent in a particular competition.

I will have to say that it will have to be considered on a case by case basis. Some situations wont work , some will
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-17-2009 at 21:55.

too much ronin in my blood tomi. good luck! many victories to le garde imperiale!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    The question has been ask:

Can you be a member of La Garde and another Clan?

La Garde is more like an enlistment in an army.

That requires that you will have to be present for practice and battle, to the exclusion of all other commitments.

Not showing up as pre-agreed, without notification and a damn-good reason, will be the fastest way out of this organization.

Although you could still be a member of another Clan or Association, La Garde would have to take priority during seasons-of-war (competition periods).

And then there is still the problem of conflict of interest should your “other group” be an opponent in a particular competition.

I will have to say that it will have to be considered on a case by case basis. Some situations wont work , some will
    So this isn't really a laid back organization i can throw myself into for scenario sakes if I wanted to join?

For example you would have to be available most weekends and attend practise at set times?

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Quote Originally Posted by t1master View Post
    too much ronin in my blood tomi. good luck! many victories to le garde imperiale!
    Thanks Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    So this isn't really a laid back organization i can throw myself into for scenario sakes if I wanted to join?

For example you would have to be available most weekends and attend practise at set times?
    Hi Tibi

One general example; during the Spring and Fall contest Seasons (approximately 4 months each) you might have two scheduled meetings per month. It all depends on how the war is going (if your team is winning contest rounds). But all necessary personnel would be notified well in advance, and each personally agree to set aside the two to four hour periods for scheduled practice or matches.

Its really is not all that demanding, but if you assume the responsibility to play on a competitive team in a given contest, you must be there. It’s like any other sports team activity; your team will be counting on you to show up.

Now not every member of La Garde will be on team all the time, teams will be chosen by team leaders for specific events. If you don’t get picked or can’t commit to the specific time frame, you won’t be scheduled.

So you do what you can. But if you say you can, you will be expected to do
    Last edited by Tomisama; 01-18-2009 at 04:16.