Thread: Snowball effect and EBII

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Snowball effect and EBII

Hi,
    One of the common gripes with EB (and most mods) was the late game, where you and few AIs would be swimming in money and able to just throw elite stack after elite stack at each other.
    This is commonly referred as snowball effect and tends to ruin the realism in advanced games.

Is the EB team planning to do anything about it for EBII?
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

Default Re: Snowball effect and EBII

well thats funny, in my Mak game, only the AS, Saba, Romans and sweboz and Saka are left, and they resort to throwing jews, arabians, vigiles, levies and pantodapoi at me, stack after stack....

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Exclamation Re: Snowball effect and EBII

The EB Team has revealed on many different occasions of its goal to make the management of a large empire quite difficult. Whether this applies to the AI also is beyond my knowledge.
    Last edited by Foot; 01-18-2009 at 01:06. Reason: unhelpful and snide comment

Surely with the M2:TW recruitment system you can limit the amount of elites you can hire and force the AI to make more realistic armies.
    Do you find something funny with the name Biggus Dickus?

in the EB PBeM

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

That is true. However: More Territories = More Recruitment Queues + More Unit Queues = The Same Thing.

It is too bad you can't scale unit upkeep costs depending if they were in a well developed area/hostile territory/rural area to show logistics.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Exclamation Re: Snowball effect and EBII

Well, in large empires, I'm sure you'll be spending a lot of those pretty, peacock elites on quelling internal rebellions and noble revolts, among other civil disputes common within an overly-large empire.