Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Empire Total War system requirements

Default Re: Empire Total War system requirements

Looking at my specs it says I have 2046 RAM. I have Vista 32 bit and my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT.

Also, I have an
    Intel Core 2 2.4 GHz

I can only play low setting smoothly. It allows medium but that is a little laggy. It won't let me play on high settings. Do I need more RAM, if so how much? If I get two GB will I have the problem Tillan just described about missing RAM?

Also if you need more specs just ask.

The problems your having are more likely to do with your graphics card, I have the same one and have the same issues (occasional lag, especially on larger battles) but more RAM. Having said that more RAM wont hurt your system. If youve only got a single graphics card, and you cant get a copy of 64bit vista, I wouldnt worry to much about the missing memory problem. You might get it, but it shouldnt have to much of an impact.
    "Why should I? Your very existence is nothing but a lie! And everything in this world is a whim! It's all the fruit of an insane imagination! NOTHING IS REAL! AND NEITHER DO I EXIST!" - [Sayoko - Character from OMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tillan View Post
    The problems your having are more likely to do with your graphics card, I have the same one and have the same issues (occasional lag, especially on larger battles) but more RAM. Having said that more RAM wont hurt your system. If youve only got a single graphics card, and you cant get a copy of 64bit vista, I wouldnt worry to much about the missing memory problem. You might get it, but it shouldnt have to much of an impact.
    But if it does happen, what is the worst possible consequence? Also, because its mostly my graphics card, does that mean I am stuck to only laggy medium level graphics?

Also just to be sure, if I am going to upgrade my RAM I should get 2gb not 1 gb?

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    But if it does happen, what is the worst possible consequence? Also, because its mostly my graphics card, does that mean I am stuck to only laggy medium level graphics?

Also just to be sure, if I am going to upgrade my RAM I should get 2gb not 1 gb?
    They might not need to be terribly laggy, you can follow their optimization guide and see where it gets you,

http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2009/...-shop/#more-83

I also found part of this tip helpful
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/48873#reply-666351
    the part about the nvidia control panel helped.
    Some of the checkboxes he had set in the tw options dialogue caused my 8800GTS to bog down and made the campaign map buggy.
    I only have hardware shadows and distortion effects on at the moment...

For memory I'd add the 2 GB, it really bugged me when I first went to 4gb that I was wasting almost a gig, but having 4 matched memory doohickeys is more stable and they can usually run at a faster clip. Which shouldn't matter unless you overclock a bit, but it seemed more stable. And if you move to a 64bit windows it'll be available again.

Do check that you have 2 free memory slots, most machines want memory installed in pairs so if adding 1 gig it's 2x512mb modules and 2x1gb to add 2 gigs.

Alright, I installed two sticks of 1 gb. Things do run a bit faster. Maybe I will save up for a new graphics card as well. I know that graphics cards can go up to $500, but what is the best NVIDIA GeForce graphics card out right now?

EDIT: Oops I meant within a budget of $200, I can easily look up on wikipedia the best card in the line currently, but I don't know where to get the best deals on electronics.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 04-30-2009 at 08:26.

Nvidia driver 182.50 for 32-bit vista, anyone using this have any problems so far?

The machine I currently play on is an iMac from 2008.

It has:

2 GB of memory
    2.0 GHz Processor
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT Graphics card.

Will it run Empire?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Don't think so. Your RAM is at the bare minimum, and the processor min. is 2.4
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I know that graphics cards can go up to $500, but what is the best NVIDIA GeForce graphics card out right now?

EDIT: Oops I meant within a budget of $200, I can easily look up on wikipedia the best card in the line currently, but I don't know where to get the best deals on electronics.
    If your set on nvidia that would be the 260 ( core 216 ) with 886 mb memory, they recommend a 500 w power supply, at newegg.com the best reviewed one is 896-P3-1265-AR.

I think the only ones worth looking at for more are the nvidia 275 or ATI 4890, I've liked the newegg site for deals on computer stuff. don't know if they're the best price but they make it easy to read other customer reviews so I generally end up shopping there.

Quote Originally Posted by Babblearossa View Post
    If your set on nvidia that would be the 260 ( core 216 ) with 886 mb memory, they recommend a 500 w power supply, at newegg.com the best reviewed one is 896-P3-1265-AR.

I think the only ones worth looking at for more are the nvidia 275 or ATI 4890, I've liked the newegg site for deals on computer stuff. don't know if they're the best price but they make it easy to read other customer reviews so I generally end up shopping there.
    Well, I have been thinking about it, I have enough money to go up to $500 the problem is that I have a 500w power supply. If I get the highest card out there, I will need a new power supply. I am unsure of how my other computer parts will handle the new card and power consumption and if I will need a better cooling system or not which will go way over my budget along with the power supply and card. Should I just stick to the 260 which seems to be the best I can get at 500w or should I go to the expense of having a larger power supply for future video cards?

Well, I have been thinking about it, I have enough money to go up to $500 the problem is that I have a 500w power supply. If I get the highest card out there, I will need a new power supply. I am unsure of how my other computer parts will handle the new card and power consumption and if I will need a better cooling system or not which will go way over my budget along with the power supply and card. Should I just stick to the 260 which seems to be the best I can get at 500w or should I go to the expense of having a larger power supply for future video cards?

I've never gotten the fastest card on the market, those are always way too noisy for me and it just seems the cost/benefit curve gets mighty steep for that last 10% boost. For something like an nvidia 275 500W is below spec but not by much, if it was a good power supply and you didn't have a lot of other stuff ( like I have 6 HD's in my computer, at 15W / hd I think ) it would probably work.
    Guru3d has long-winded reviews but their checking of a full system with what they claim is over average power draw had it using 400W at max.
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...-review-test/5

If you do go for a new powersupply, I've liked my seasonic it's super quite.

Going to a 285 just doesn't look worthwhile now that the 275s are out, it's only a couple percent faster and can be a lot more expensive, the 275 I just looked at was 230 after the irritating mail in rebate scheme.

This is all just my malinformed blathering from looking at charts and a tiny dose of experience in an effort to help you rationalize a silly expenditure, cuz I've been there :) Oh, and I'm really trying to avoid finishing my work.

My system:

AMD(athlon) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
    2.11 GHz, 2.00 GB Ram
    nVDIA GeForce 8500GT
    120 GB Free Space

I think I have met the requirement, but I still cannot run the game smoothly(even with "low" graphic option). Can somebody tell me why and teach me to fix it please ?

I really need your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichyen View Post
    My system:

AMD(athlon) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
    2.11 GHz, 2.00 GB Ram
    nVDIA GeForce 8500GT
    120 GB Free Space

I think I have met the requirement, but I still cannot run the game smoothly(even with "low" graphic option). Can somebody tell me why and teach me to fix it please ?

I really need your help!!
    I think it's the processor. I have a 4200+ and it can't run the game either, and I have 4 GB Ram, a comparable video card and about as much free space. Unless/until they optimize the game for dual core processors, I think we're out of luck.

I have a question, if you play or know Empire: Total War, I want to get it :)< But I am thinking it will be laggy or not, I want to ask you guys!!!

So you need the minimum requirements for Empire: Total War:

Operating System: Windows XP 32(service pack 2), Windows Vista 32 OS.
    processor: 2.4 GHz Single Core Intel or AMD equivalent processor.
    System Memory: 1GB RAM (XP) 2GB RAM (Vista).
    Graphics Card: 256MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (shader 2.0 or higher).
    Sound Card: Directx9.0c compatible sound card.
    Windows compatible mouse & keyboard.
    15 GB free uncompressed hard drive space.

Quote Originally Posted by us marriage View Post
    I have a question, if you play or know Empire: Total War, I want to get it :)< But I am thinking it will be laggy or not, I want to ask you guys!!!

So you need the minimum requirements for Empire: Total War:

processor: 2.4 GHz Single Core Intel or AMD equivalent processor.
    well, yeah those are the requirements, what do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    I think it's the processor. I have a 4200+ and it can't run the game either, and I have 4 GB Ram, a comparable video card and about as much free space. Unless/until they optimize the game for dual core processors, I think we're out of luck.
    Yeah it's not memory or space, might be video card, you could try the settings in the linked pages in my post above ( #334 ). if it's the processor, can't you just drop a new athlon 64 x2 in? they're like $60 and almost 2x as fast as the 4000s

System Specs - looking for recommended settings by some users with experience

Pentium 4 3.80GHz Dual-Core Processor w/ Hyperthreading ( turned off now should i turn it on??)
    4GB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz RAM
    GeForce 7800 GTX 512 MB Video Card
    80GB SATA 10,000 RPM HDD

Thanks

Yeah it's not memory or space, might be video card, you could try the settings in the linked pages in my post above ( #334 ). if it's the processor, can't you just drop a new athlon 64 x2 in? they're like $60 and almost 2x as fast as the 4000s

I don't know....are they interchangeable?

EDIT: Looks like it could go to a 6400 but then I'd need to upgrade the power supply AGAIN. This stupid game isn't worth the expense.
    Last edited by gardibolt; 06-10-2009 at 22:11.

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    I don't know....are they interchangeable?

EDIT: Looks like it could go to a 6400 but then I'd need to upgrade the power supply AGAIN. This stupid game isn't worth the expense.
    I don't know your motherboard so I can't be certain, but if the sockets the same it should drop right in. going from 90W to 120 shouldn't require a new power supply, but that's for the 6400+. the 6000+ is cheaper and 90W, looking at the cpu charts at tomshardware ( the 2007 ones ), it looks like you'd get somewhere from 20% to 50% framerate increase if cpu is the actual bottleneck.

It's not worth it for this game probably, it might be if it gets you an extra year or two before you want to upgrade your computer.

You haven't said what resolution you're playing at and how much memory is on the 8500 video card. To decide that it's really not the video card you might try dropping the resolution down. Also in that link in the post above, the one at totalwar.com, I think it made a point that higher quality textures in this game use much more memory than in previous ones, I don't entirely recall it as I quit reading once my install quit lagging but it's probably worth going over if you're unable to play the game due to laggyness.

It's a long time that I have played a TW game (long time = 2-3 months). Usually I play EB, but now I have decided to try ETW for once. My brother has given me EB, but it does not run properly on my pc. The film when you start the game does not work well, especially the sound judders.

And playing a battle - let alone a campaign - ist not possible. Juddering all around, even with the worst settings. Medium graphic is the maximum I can set, I don't even have a "high or very high" option in the settings.

Could you tell why?

I have Windows XP Service Pack 3. Whats the difference to pack 2?
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Single Core Intel or AMD equivalent processor.
    2.8 GHZ
    2 GB RAM on XP
    512 MB, DirectX 9.0 should be possible if I'm correct
    much much more

could it be directx 9.0? I think I have it, but I'm not sure. Please help me
    Last edited by SwissBarbar; 06-11-2009 at 09:36.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

That was basically what my old computer was like, except the graphics card was worse. I genuinely have no idea why it is so messed up.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Since I still haven't been able to run the game properly I'm back here. After all this time....still getting the same problem I mentioned before....no battles loading, land or sea...just the campaign map (that too with all the units all red without any texture as if someone had just skinned them).....So anyway, I've been playing the the game, auto resolving all the battles.... :(
    However, just now browsing through, I realised that maybe it's my processor, and I'd like to confirm if that is the problem. See, I have an AMD Athelon 64 3600+, it's a Dual core processor...which I think has a speed of 2 GHz......is that the root of the trouble? Can't anyone with 2 GHz processor run the thing?
    And I mean how's this possible? Dual Core processors aren't all that outdated are they? Is there no way to run the game on 2000 MHz?

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    could it be directx 9.0? I think I have it, but I'm not sure. Please help me
    could be your drivers, could be an unpatched game, could be many other things.
    can you figure out what graphics card you have and what driver version? and what processor not just the speed?

Thanks for your answers.

Yes, about the Graphics Card:

Graphics Card Manufacturer: Powered by ATI
    Graphics Chipset: Radeon X1300 Series

Memory Size: 512 MB
    Memory Type: HyperMemory

Core Clock in MHz: 446 MHz
    Memory Clock in MHz: 342 MHz

About the System:

Name of the operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version: Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    Systemtype: X86-based PC
    Processor: x86 Family 15 Modelo 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2786 MHz

total real memory: 2048 MB
    available real memory: 1.33 GB
    total virtual memory: 2.00 GB
    available virtual memory: 1.96 GB

I hope this is the information you need?

Would I be ble to run empire?

Intel T7500 @2.20GHz
    Memory (RAM) 2046
    System Vista 32 bit
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Graphics Card Manufacturer: Powered by ATI
    Graphics Chipset: Radeon X1300 Series
    Memory Size: 512 MB
    Processor: x86 Family 15 Modelo 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2786 MHz
    the graphics card is pretty dang weak for gaming, and the cpu is pretty old too.

the next patch supposedly has multi-core support improved, it should help with
    your cpu ( which I think is a 2.8ghz Pentium D 820). For the graphics card ( which is a low end x1300 based on the clock speeds ), you might try running at a lower resolution but you won't get past the lowest settings.

Quote Originally Posted by glasket View Post
    Would I be ble to run empire?

Intel T7500 @2.20GHz
    Memory (RAM) 2046
    System Vista 32 bit
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600
    Your processor is fine, memory probably but it's vista so might not have huge armies, I don't know how that video card performs, some people above in the thread had 8500 and weren't able to play but they also had slow processors. I think the mobility 2600 might be equivalent to nvidia 8500.

The best thing to do is download the demo and see, the actual game should play a bit better than the demo especially after next patch.

Your processor is fine, memory probably but it's vista so might not have huge armies, I don't know how that video card performs, some people above in the thread had 8500 and weren't able to play but they also had slow processors. I think the mobility 2600 might be equivalent to nvidia 8500.

The best thing to do is download the demo and see, the actual game should play a bit better than the demo especially after next patch.

Thanks a lot for the input.

I think the mobility 2600 is equivalent to nvidia 8600. I am no expert at this and just did some google searching.
    Maybe some others may know if I would be able to run the game?

And just to clarify my processor is core 2 duo Intel T7500 @2.20GHz
    Last edited by glasket; 06-15-2009 at 06:02.

This is bad news But thanks for the answer

On what settings will I be able to play ETW with this laptop?

Dell Studio 15
    Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz
    3GB DDR2
    256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast