Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Empire Total War system requirements

Default Re: Empire Total War system requirements

Quote Originally Posted by WILDWAYNE001 View Post
    OK I tested it on Can you Run it and I got min reqs..

So could I play with a

AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core processor TL-60 2x 512 KB L2 cache, 2.0 Ghz, 800 MHz

ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 Graphics

Sorry I don't know much about computers and I figured one of those is the problem... Maybe both idk.
    On a lark I checked my computer on Can You Run It and it said I met the minimum requirements (and it was pegged at the fast end). It doesn't run any faster than slideshow mode, when it does run at all, which is seldom. So I wouldn't rely on CYRI to be right on this.

There are a lot of lag-causing things in this game that were fixed with one patch and brought back with the next.

I got the game it runs fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

Well, Can You Run It isn't always terribly useful to me, as it says my Motherboard mounted Radeon HD 4250 isn't even sufficient to run Mass Effect 1 or BioShock 1. :)

2.94Ghz AMD Athlon II X2
    512MB Radeon HD 4250 internal
    4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
    500GB Hard Drive.

For me, Empire runs on minimum settings at 11XX x 7XX (whatever the hell it is). I can turn up some sliders, but they make large or rainy battles slowdown noticably. With everything on minimum, it seems to run 'smoothly' at 20+ fps, though the intro movie runs with noticable slowdown.

The Road to Revolution mini cutscenes mostly run decently, however.

Wink Re: Empire Total War system requirements

Hi. Just a quick question
    Will my computer able to run empire total war on high setting?
    CPU
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz

CPU Speed
    2.10 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.15 GHz

RAM
    4.0 GB

OS
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Video Card
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Features: Minimum attributes of my Video Card

Video RAM 1.7 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes
    Pixel Shader version 4.0
    Vertex Shader version 4.0

Free Disk Space
    403.0 GB

Thanks, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofOttomans(V) View Post
    Hi. Just a quick question
    Will my computer able to run empire total war on high setting?
    CPU
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz

CPU Speed
    2.10 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.15 GHz

RAM
    4.0 GB

OS
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Video Card
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Features: Minimum attributes of my Video Card

Video RAM 1.7 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes
    Pixel Shader version 4.0
    Vertex Shader version 4.0

Free Disk Space
    403.0 GB

Thanks, much appreciated
    I'd be interested in whether or not you were able to run it. I have a higher chipspeed and equivalent video card and I have never been able to run this game at all.

Angry Re: Empire Total War system requirements

This is probably a stupid question, but will ETW run on Windows 7? I tried downloading the demo to see if my new comp would handle it, but I ran into trouble with Steam. Now that I have installed the actual game, its fine.
    Last edited by Xenopusbruteovum; 03-04-2011 at 22:38. Reason: I think STEAM actually helps play it after all.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I play ETW on windows 7, I have no problems. I too have wanted that middle finger emoticon at times as well! :)
    Silence is beautiful

I downloaded the demo. It works ok, but it keeps not responding. Either there is something wrong with the demo, or I need more RAM. I have 3G with Windows 7. I also disabled Norton virus and firewall before playing because it kept crashing to desktop. No matter what, CA has us addicted to this stuff if we are willing to go such lengths to play this.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I am not very techie so I can't help you any further, sorry. Perhaps someone more knowledgable will happen by. I have 4G of ram and never tried the demo, but still, have no problems. I agree about the addictive part though! :)

edit: You can also try the apothecary here if you still have problems if no one aswers your question in this forum!
    Last edited by A Nerd; 02-20-2011 at 19:31.
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopusbruteovum View Post
    I downloaded the demo. It works ok, but it keeps not responding. Either there is something wrong with the demo, or I need more RAM. I have 3G with Windows 7. I also disabled Norton virus and firewall before playing because it kept crashing to desktop. No matter what, CA has us addicted to this stuff if we are willing to go such lengths to play this.
    It's probably the demo to be honest. When the game was orginally released it was incredibly unstable. The demo would have been based on a similar build and so won't have experienced the benefits of the patches. 3GB of RAM should be fine, I run Vista 32bit which can only use about 3GB of the RAM I have installed and the full, patched version of ETW runs ok. In any case, if it is a hardware problem, it would more likely be related to your graphics card (or its drivers) than the amount of RAM you have.

Thanks for your help. I've pretty much played out MTW2. I have an ATI 880G HD 4?50 with 1.4 G of available shared RAM. I hope that is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopusbruteovum View Post
    I have an ATI 880G HD 4?50 with 1.4 G of available shared RAM.
    That's an integrated graphics card if I'm not mistaken, which uses a certain amount of your RAM as its own memory. So, contrary to what I just said, the amount of RAM you have will play a more significant role in performance than normal!

Integrated graphics tend to have poor performance compared to seperate graphics cards. I think you may be able to run ETW from what I've been able to find out about the HD4250, but it would probably be a low resolution and low detail settings. A fair amount would depend on what processor you have, but even then I wouldn't want to make any promises.

I took your advice on the demo not working right and I bought the game anyway, and I have no problems playing it. In fact, its awesome. Thanks for your help all.

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

I wanted to add to this thread about an issue that several Nvidia card users have recently reported. I just upgraded my Nvidia GPU from a GTX285 to a GTX560Ti. I also installed it with the latest NVidia drivers --which are 270.66. I am running Vista 64 bit on an I7 940 CPU. Empire ran fine prior to this, but afterwards the game will not start properly. I get the initial splash screen, but then it starts flickering as I hear the music for the opening movie playing. From this point on, I cannot visually access the main menu. The only way to exit is by using the Windows task manager to end the program.

I tried the previous 266 drivers and re-installed the game with no change. This was before I found threads at both the offcial forums and Total war center that others were experiencing the exact same problem.

The immediate solution for most is to simply roll back to earlier working Nvidia drivers. I have heard that the 263's will work. However, it appears that this is not a solution for my particular card. Since my GPU is new to the market, Nvidia only lists the 270 and 266 drivers as being compatable with it, and I am hestitant to experiment with anything earlier.

However, the issue has been reported to NVidia by myself and others. It has been reported back that the next driver release (275 something) should fix the issue.

Just an FYI.

Cheers
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

No threads for six years - scary. Hey, I just found a box in the back of a closet that is Empires. Totally forgot about it after playing Rome I/II and Medieval I/II. I suppose it's a lost cause even with Win7 (if anyone is even monitoring this), right?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

It is a decent game. Actually liked Napoleon a bit better. The extra units are worth the buy. It should give you a few hundred hours of play all the same.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

--- but will it work with Win7/64? Some of the older TW games won't.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314