Thread: Help please - Having problems

Default Help please - Having problems

Hi Guys,

I havent played this for over a year and re-installed my copy of rome which is the gold version so it automatically has the corret patch from cd for this. I downloaded EB.. and for the life of me I just cant get EB to load.

Now Im not a noobe at this I did it a lot when I played heavily in 2008 and obviously I am mixing something on my installation that is preventing me from doing this correctly. When I install the EB game I then load up the game using EB icon on my desk top and it just loads up Rome instead ..sigh.. what is it im doing wrong??

I have followed the online process where it explains how and it just wont work, I really wanna play again but I have installed like 12 times already lol and it still wont work ? please save me from my hell I NEEEEED to play EB WAAAHH I cant take it much longer!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Denbo

Default Re: Help please - Having problems

Try adding "-mod:eb" to the target line of the EB icon (properties).

edit: without the " " of course.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 01-21-2009 at 17:08.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

And do not forget to install EB 1.1. first and than 1.2 over it. Installing EB 1.2 right over vanilla RTW wil not work.

Have a good luck!

Default Installation Woes

Hi Guys,

Maybe if I explain then I can get some help with this, Ive installed Rome Gold so its already patched to 1.5 ok.. Now I have download both 1.1 and 1.2. I know I need to install 1.1 over my rome game before patching to 1.2. How to install 1.1 ? Maybe I am stupid I dunno but I dont know which folder to extract it to? Can you tell me please which folder I am supposed to extract 1.1 to? Once I have done that how do I install 1.2?

Many thanks in advance

Denbo

Default Re: Installation Woes

In the folder where you have installed RTW. After installing 1.1 there, 1.2 should be installed in that same folder.

Take a look at the important informations thread. There is a thread there about how to install EB, it's for EB 1.0 but the crucial steps stay the same.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 01-22-2009 at 21:19.

Should I install them to this C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War? This has the executable for rome and barbarian invasion?? Ive tried this a million times and it just doesnt work for 1.1.

I have Rome Gold does that make a difference? The game is patched to 1.5 im going insane some clarification or a miracle?

The difference with RTW Gold is that Gold is already patched to 1.5. You don't need to do anything yourself or you'll screw up. But it works, I've got the Gold edition myself.

If you have vista you should install RTW outside Program Files (C:\RTW for example) and then install EB there.

And have you looked at the thread I told you about?

Hi there,

No I dont have vista. And yes I read the guide you told me to look at but it doesnt make sense.

Well, install RTW. Then install 1.1 there. The creative assembly\ Rome - Total War is the correct folder. Then install 1.2.

It should work.

If it doesn't then elaborate on what and how exactly it doesn't work and run a validation. It could be a corrupt download then or something.

BTW: Sending me PM's to see if I'm still here isn't going to make much difference... If I'm around I see your post too. And if I'm not around I'm not going to see that PM either...

Right ok I installed it to the RTW folder and then I try and load the game up and just keep getting RTW 1.5, I also added what you suggested to the eb icon in properties and it still doesnt work....

It took me all night but I finally figured it out, cheers for trying to help me!

Good to hear, enjoy the game!