Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Thank you!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123258473846504459.html

This will fly in their face like a deus-ex machina from hell. Silly lefties

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Default Re: Thank you!

' The Dutch MP and leader of the Freedom Party, which opposes Muslim immigration into Holland, will stand trial soon for his harsh criticism of Islam. '

I support free speech and there are limits. When such comments come from a Nazi sympathizer Anti-Arab Anti-Muslim their motives are to the least suspicious and therefore should be thrown into the bin of history...

...surprise surprise he has the same unconditional love of Israel like you.

Fragony, since you yourself are an Anti-Arab without a cause do you really think we need to go through another twenty pages of what happened through the Gaza thread? You are practically quoting a real life troll and nothing good can come out of it.
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Not Good!

There are so many ways liberties come under assault and for political extremes (left or right) control of speech is very significant.

It is scary what control hate speech laws have, and what it may lead to.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post
    ' The Dutch MP and leader of the Freedom Party, which opposes Muslim immigration into Holland, will stand trial soon for his harsh criticism of Islam. '

I support free speech and there are limits. When such comments come from a Nazi sympathizer Anti-Arab Anti-Muslim their motives are to the least suspicious and therefore should be thrown into the bin of history...

Fragony, since you yourself are an Anti-Arab without a cause do you really think we need to go through another twenty pages of what happened through the Gaza thread? You are practically quoting a real life troll and nothing good can come out of it.
    Interesting perspective, Rasoforos. Opinions with which you disagree, even outright trolls as you claim this gentleman to be, aren't entitled to protection? Any chance you could publish a list of 'approved thought-speak' for the rest of us?
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

It's kinda cute how you think that makes sense.

Let him speak freely , his much hyped "masterpiece" was widely acclaimed as a pathetic joke .
    Let the show himself for what he is a widely as possible .
    Though I would suggest he change the parties name , maybe follow the example of somewhere like N.Korea and call it the intelligent nice honest non-bigot freedom democracy party
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 01-22-2009 at 17:15. Reason: Language

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    Let him speak freely , his much hyped "masterpiece" was widely acclaimed as a pathetic joke .
    That was the idea to begin with, and yes I know I dated his secretary. Wilders never asked for any publicity at, movie was never supposed to be that much. And it didn't do much, what's the problem, nobody cares here.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I support free speech and there are limits. When such comments come from a Nazi sympathizer
    Wilders is a Nazi sympathizer? Then why would he compare the Koran to Mein Kampf and mean it as an insult?

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    Wilders is a Nazi sympathizer? Then why would he compare the Koran to Mein Kampf and mean it as an insult?
    Because if you can't make a real arguement about someone, its much easier to call them a nazi.
    RIP Tosa

Silencing islam critics?

I do believe this is a case of silencing the deranged.

Not that I am a fan of that though. Insane people have a lot to offer society too, and as long we're aware of that insanity, all should be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    Because if you can't make a real arguement about someone, its much easier to call them a nazi.
    Hey! You should really apply for a PR-job for the Israeli government, Dave!
    Last edited by HoreTore; 01-22-2009 at 18:14.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Wilders never asked for any publicity

Yes Frag , Wilders made a film that he didn't want the public to see , he also sought lots of screening so the public couldn't see , he also makes speeches that he doesn't want the public to hear , he even had to change his film and rerelease it because of some really silly mistakes and breaches of copyright which unchaged would have meant the people couldn't see his film .

So in Frags book someone who (even without the making of a film to publicise his views) took up public office and started his own political party to express his views to a national and international audience doesn't want publicity
    Oh I get what you mean though , he did refuse one screening because the people that were offering to show his film insisted that he had to take part in a debate .
    Unfortunately for the public Wilders doesn't like real debate , which is funny for someone who thinks its good to talk .
    Last edited by Tribesman; 01-22-2009 at 18:14.

Freedom of speech does not give you the right to insult.

He has stated that "it [Islam] is a totalitarian ideology", and thus in his eyes all Muslims are a threat to the West. Pathetic.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

It may very well be pathetic, but is it criminal? Over here in the U.S. it would not be. And I kind of wonder if criminalizing distasteful speech is a super-duper bad idea.

It may very well be pathetic, but is it criminal? Over here in the U.S. it would not be. And I kind of wonder if criminalizing distasteful speech is a super-duper bad idea.
    It is criminal indeed. He is discriminating muslims, which goes directly against Article 4 of the Dutch Constitution which states that every single person has freedom of religion. He is pushing the Muslims in a corner.

"Tear out half of the Koran if you wish to enter this country"

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Idiots say dumb things. It's not a crime.

If he had said the same about christians there would be nary a peep. See thats why I like France. At least they keep everything equal instead of catering to the group thats the most "scary" .
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 01-22-2009 at 19:53.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Noooo….that wouldn’t be a bad idea…so long as it is your side who gets to say which is good or which is bad…

But you may not like it too much if the other side gets to pick and choose!

Once you outlaw one kind of speech it gets easier to silence the opposition…good for the government twerps, but bad for the people!

Mark Twain

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

I haven't read the article.... may have been the silly lefties line that put me off slightly...

But completely free speech doesn't work, inciting violence for example...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

People should have the right to say whatever they want, and you should the right to ignore or laugh at them whenever you want.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post
    But completely free speech doesn't work, inciting violence for example...
    So are you advocating banning the Quran then?
    RIP Tosa

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post

Ba Dum Tish
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 01-23-2009 at 08:21. Reason: Removed hotlinked picture
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

So are you advocating banning the Bible then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    Where does it tell us to kill infidels in the Bible?

Have you read either?

Mark Twain

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

It is criminal indeed. He is discriminating muslims, which goes directly against Article 4 of the Dutch Constitution which states that every single person has freedom of religion. He is pushing the Muslims in a corner.

"Tear out half of the Koran if you wish to enter this country"
    How is a random guy yelling "Islam is totalitarian" preventing another random guy to be a Muslim?

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand how he's doing this. He is criticizing Islam, yes, and he's being unfair and kind of dickish about it, but how is that discrimination? How is that infringing on anyone's right to religion?

Are you allowed to say that the Catholic Church went out of its way to protect pedophile priests? Or is that pushing Catholics into a corner? Are you allowed to say that Scientology is frickin' insane? Are you allowed to say that Jewish girls are super-freaks in bed?

Where do you draw the line? As far as I can read, this guy wasn't saying, "Please kill a muslim!" which would be incitement to violence. He's just criticizing the religion itself. Where are you gonna go if you ban that? What kind of discourse can you have if you criminalize criticism?

Remember, the law is a blunt instrument, and while this guy may be an unsympathetic character, who else will such a law be used on? How about the weed-smoking dude who teaches comparative religion 101? If he says something critical about Islam, should he be imprisoned?

Last edited by Lemur; 01-22-2009 at 22:39.

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

Freedom of speech does not give you the right to insult.
    Umm . . . why not?

Ajax

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey

Have you read either?

Verily the lord did order his followers to do lots of slaughter and mightily did a fair few genocides himself .
    So the question is..... Have you yourself read either ?

How is a random guy yelling "Islam is totalitarian" preventing another random guy to be a Muslim?
    Well being a Muslim has something to do with following scripture doesn't it , since this idiot wants to ban the scripture then he is intending banning the religion isn't he which kinda prevents some random guy being a Muslim .

Actually Dave its very easy to make a real arguement comparing Wilders to a Nazi .
    Crazy nationalist .
    Banning books .
    Wants internment without trial .
    Wants citizenship removed from citizens on the grounds of their religion .
    Removal of human rights from some humans .
    Blames all the ills of his country on a religiously specific group , a degenerate poilitical ideology that is part of a worldwide conspiracy and an erosion of the true teutonic culture...sorry that last bit should be dutch culture .

Beware the nutty Wilders or we shall have clog booted nationalists marching along the canalside .... or alternatively you could just laugh at the idiot for being a pillock .

My apologies, I spoke rashly and semi-angrily.

I will step down from this discussion for a while.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    Where does it tell us to kill infidels in the Bible?
    2 Kings 11: 18-30

Probably other spots....
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    2 Kings 11: 18-30
    Looks like an angry mob killing a priest to me, which is rather different from the overt commands of 9:123, 9:73, and 48:29.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast